Sign in to follow this  
monty67t

Is a working lowrider possible?

I am curious if a working lowrider with hydraulics is possible in OFP. I am a big lowrider fan and I am wondering about this. If any of you addon makers thinks it's possible, let me know.

Thanks,

Monty

Low_Low_01.jpg

Low_Low_02.jpgLow_Low_03.gifLow_Low_04.gif

Yes, its capable, done it with BRDM-1 and 2 vehicles for the belly boggey wheels. Made a gag unit thats was a BRDM-2 that did the tricks, but I got over it rather fast. Drives the game nuts with collssion detection, nore is it refined like most real low riders. Personally doubt it will be easy to find somebody who will bring one into OFP seeing they are only a US problem. And OFP is commonly eastern european themed. But wish you luck on it, mearly noting its can be done. but I'm unwilling to offer assistance cause low riders are not my thing.

The current engine causes cars and planes to act as lowriders with hydro. just get it to clip with something and you won't be able to stop it. (Example - Try driving the jeep on Hawk's carrier, when you clip the jeep with the carrier the jeep will jump up and down until it almost blows up. tounge_o.gif

I'm sure I will be getting plenty of the "whys". I figure if OFP has things like zombies, chain saws, Star Wars stuff, and all of the other odd things, why not a lowrider. Thanks for the info for those you who have replied positively.

Monty

I'm sure I will be getting plenty of the "whys". I figure if OFP has things like zombies, chain saws, Star Wars stuff, and all of the other odd things, why not a lowrider. Thanks for the info for those you who have replied positively.

Monty

Ahh don't worry about it. There will always be someone that asks why or that has a negative comment. crazy_o.gif

Hmmm, possible to animate a invisible piece of geometry to make it jump

Making the car lower(squat action) might be hard

Hmmm, possible to animate a invisible piece of geometry to make it jump

Making the car lower(squat action) might be hard

*cough cough* Landing gear scripts.

True that they share common names,so both aspects should be possible

just do some things wrong whit the setup of the addon and it will jump like hel biggrin_o.gif

It is perfectly possible, you should look at the Landrover models in the DKMM UKPack, they use "active" suspensions, which can be modified to lowrider equippment (only a scripting question)...

Thanks again for all of the help. Homefry, that script is so funny. I tried it out and hopped my car onto it's side. Anyways, thanks again all!

47729_b.jpg

44236_b.jpg

Monty

funny, that bus could almost be pimpin, but they got those ugly windshields, why didnt thy chop the top and put in a sleek windshield...

anyways, lowriders in ofp is a bit of a waste of time if u ask me, but why not ask like vice city mod or something like that...

(im sure theres a vice city mod :P)

Quote[/b] ]lowriders in ofp is a bit of a waste of time if u ask me

Well no one did ask you, thanks for your input.

Lowriders... hmmmm... reminds me of those cars from GTA3/VC... maybe that could be possible, to raise the collective ground clearance, suspension-wise... add DKM's independent suspension to that... maybe that way you can get a wobbling lowrider? rock.gif