Sign in to follow this  
survey

Realism and multiplayer, wich addons?

Hi!

I sure dont know how to put this , but whats your suggestions to the best multiplayer game with maximum realism, i mean i love the fdfmod, the fx and sounds. It's extensions over regular ofp and so on.

Ecp works fine also, but what if i want to combine both ecp and fdfmod on the same server, i mean is it realy realism to have such a huge recoil as the mp5 gets when running a bas mission when fdfmod is loaded.

And when running west or sfp (swedish units) we get finnish speaking at some missions. Even though no finnish units.

I know this may be a "well then just load the server with ecp when you want to play regular, and fdfmod when you want the fdf units".

But that takes alot of time and would be quite annoying when switching between mods.

My question is since i've never shot a mp5, is it realy realistic to have such recoil on such a weapon, if so i will just go on with my friends and play with fdfmod loaded all the time.

Else i dunno what solution to find, since so many weapons with "less" power seem to bounce like hell when shooting one shot rounds, and even gets better aim with full auto .. wich seems to me rather unrealistic.

Hope, you get my sentences , since im so into my problem they might get a bit "annoying" smile_o.gif

Thankfull for replys.

/Lars

hehehe... ever heard of VBS1?

they have a (i think and hope) opf2 engin.

the problem is money, money, and again, money.

I'm no Fin, but I can say that Finmod is by far the best and most realistic mod out there. I am a bit unhappy about Civilians and Resistance using Finnish voices as this limits the potential of using FDF as a basis for regular OFP missions, but it is still the best experience in terms of realism so far.

The recoil issues in all mods are allways a problematic issue.

The difficulity comes in when you have to think about a balanced mix between gameplay and realism. This far the best

balance has been in FDFmod in my opinion.

some mods are using high disperse weapons, witch in my eyes are very unrealistic, and the most realistic way to lengthen the firefights is the recoil. Ive never fired an mp5, but i would think that that recoil could be close to the truth.

It's no way near.

An MP5 hardly kicks at all, however it's not very accurate.

You guys need to find a balance between recoil, dispersion and gamepay. Not just go for one which everyone does now.

For example -

BAS Weapons - Almost no recoil and are accurate up to 800 metres. This is in their eyes a realistic interpretation of a US SF operator firing an M4.

WGL - Real life ballistics and recoil taken from soldiers accounts and personal experience. However no recoil and very easy to hit someone.

FDF - Ballistics that suit the game engine and recoil that emphasises the firefights and engagements.

Also there is the issue of -

An M16 or RK62 in the hands of a 19 year old Finnish conscript isn't exactly going to be handled the same as said weapons in the hands of a 34 year old US Marine named chuck who weighs 200 lbs and has biceps the size of beer barrels.

___

So realistically - you have to take gameplay into consideration as pointing your mouse around and clicking is very different from actually firing a rifle, so put in challenge in dispersion/recoil and handling to represent this.

I would like for example -

An M16 with slightly less than FDF mods recoil - it has the real life ballistics of WGL and the ability to kill with 2 rounds.

An MP5 - this would make a sharp ratter and fire at a high rate of fire. There would be almost no recoil - it would kick like the WGL's current M4 but at 100 metres bullets would be hitting out to 1 metre squared from the aimpoint.

An RK62 - slightly less than FDF recoil but it would not be too steady- highly accurate and the ability to go full auto in around 4-5 round bursts without kicking up too much.

This setup would be realistic, be considerate of the game engine and fun to play.

Sway...

Oh yeah, I meant that with handling.

But yes - lot's of sway is excellent and FDF does it well.