Sign in to follow this  
m21man

Pukf dpm pack 1.0

Glad to hear you like the new release guys.... hopefully this has sorted out all the bugs that were annoying us... any other bug reports, please send them to us/post here

I really love these units and use them quite a lot.

I was wondering though, is it possible to make a gamelogic that removes the helmets too?

script overide will do that for you, but just the helmets no, not for now... sorry

no... read the changes again... we simple altered the textures and model on the Respirator pouch (where they carry it) - an NBC model could prehaps be considered for a future dessert pack. Who knows. tounge_o.gif

Hi

I really like these units, but I have a problem with the weapons. The models are great, but I really don't like the sounds! And I was wondering, are none of the UK SA-80's fitted with iron sights, or aimpoint sights? I don't like that all the weapons has a 3x(or something) sights. Other than that, these units are really great. I read a page back something about desert UK troops? Can someone post a mirror to these?

Keep up the good work!

All front line infantry use the x4 SUSAT. AFAK, thhere are no other sights used by them.

The SA80 with iron sights is used by support troops, armoured crew etc, so I'd guess so you'll probably be seiing that when vehicles start appearing

my brother said some troops were using iron sites in iraq because of shortages of susat's(somehow im not suprised). im sure ive saw tv footage of troops at the start of the confilct carrying SA80's with rion sight also

not suprized?? Hell, I was very much suprized to see that weren't using SLR's crazy_o.gif

They were short of just about everything;

-desert BDU's were so rare that damaged ones couldn't be replaced and that some guys had to go in wearing woodland camo

-desert boots were even less seen and the black boots were melting inthe sun (literally). So many soldiers used iraqi desert boots instead crazy_o.gif

script overide will do that for you, but just the helmets no, not for now... sorry

Well I'm crossing my fingers and hoping this will be included in future releases wink_o.gif

It would be nice to be able to remove the helmet completely from the model, and at the same time make it a lot easier to remove helmets in the mission editor. This might even cure the helmet bug when your driving around in the Landies.

I use these units along with bush hats quite a bit to simulate recce and SAS troops. smile_o.gif

other sights used by the troops do include iron sights (but not further than boot camp i believe) the CWS sight also designated the Starlight scope... i think thats the ones, im just trying to recall these off hand.

Starlight Scope

UK dont use aimpoint besides special operations (Para's, RM, SAS, SBS) in use with C7 and C8 rifles etc... and i rather be using a SUSAT than iron sights any day.

as for the sounds - thats because they are JAM compliant, as we do support the scheme. After consulting our serving or ex service members and advisors, the sound was deemed to be pretty accurate to the real thing.

Seems like that soldier in te picture is part of some future soldeir program. The helmet looks very different (almost like the US PASGT) and he has some sort of glasses at the front of his helmet (possibly used to project info on the soldiers eye).

Iron sights are used beyond boot camp. I agree with you that it's a poor choise compared to the Susat, but it does happen. In the jungle this seems to be more common, though. But that's because the engagement-ranges are extremely low, so there is no use for the susat.

Seems like that soldier in te picture is part of some future soldeir program. The helmet looks very different (almost like the US PASGT) and he has some sort of glasses at the front of his helmet (possibly used to project info on the soldiers eye).

It's still a Starlight scope though.

It's still a Starlight scope though.

indeed - its still the starlight scope, but as far as i can tell the guy using it is testing the uk's version of the landwarrior scheme (waste of bloody time)

as for iron sights, yes, i'd see the idea behind using them in Jungle warfare - besides the shotguns of course biggrin_o.gif

I dont know if this has been mentioned before, but could you guys add a laser designator, preferabaly a modern one like the BAS model.

whilst our armed forces do use LD's, we didnt see a need for it in the first release. Prehaps in later weapon packs.

The uk forces use the following systems:

Ours:

LTMR (Laser Target Marker/Ranger)

American:

LLDR

AN/PEQ 2

AN/PEQ 1

I can't remember which one the BAS one is, but it will work for our units in terms of realism

i guess thats a newer version of the star light scope than what used on slr as that was huge

What about your SAS pack?

Any sniper rifles of handguns planned?

and something "silenced" maybe?

wait and see... although do bear in mind, the SAS have the enviable position to use any weapon they can get their hands on in ops - hence a weapons pack for them would be large and repetitive in terms of what you would get... there are many weapons packs out there which suffice.

same with the silenced weapons.

Just wondering, i noticed that the light div beret (rifle green) wasnt quite as dark as it should be, i was wondering if that could be fixed at a later date please.

thanks

Regards Jonny

we'll look into it with our advisors and see if they think its also too light... cheers for bringing that to our attention - if it is indeed too light, we'll make every effort to correct it in a later release

well ive got one about 30 meters away from me if you want a picci, i'd love to see it in its true form in game :P thanks

regards jonny