Sign in to follow this  
crodan

Problems with addon

I have just been trying out the BAS_IK_Inf add-on and I've changed the model by adding a helmet and tools and torches to the torso. But when i load it up the helmet is in its correct position but the tools and the torch are at the legs of the unit.

Im not sure if this is a modelling or config error so any help would be appreciated. smile_o.gif

Yo buddy,

have configured the tools as proxies or are they parts of the model like a pocket? I think they are proxies ain't they?

Btw it's not a polite thing naming a topic like "problems with addon" or "read this please" or "need help", etc. You'd better give us some information in the title so if someone's not interested the case he won't have to read it. But it's only my opinion, so don't take it too seriously! smile_o.gif

I have the same problem trying to add a new pocket on the back of a soldier (using a copy of the original pocket on the leg). How to make it stick to the back (the pocket moves like the original on the leg)?

This question was already answered somewhere,do a search.

But I suppose you're too lazy so:

Name the pocket/anything you need to its respective bodypart in O2...atm I don't have time to look trough the O2 for names,maybe later  wink_o.gif

Thanks for your answer, which doesn't help much: I already tried that, but the pocket doesn't stick to the back, it moves like the pocket on the leg.

By the way, I did search the forum for "redefine" and found an answer for a newly created part, but not for a copy of an existing part.

Thanks anyway.

Well select the parts in witch your pocket is,then select everything that was selected with your pocket but exclude the pocket,then hit redefine.

Then redefine the pocket to the back or whatever part of the body it is on.Pretty simple.

Oh thanks, that's what I missed. I didn't know how to separate the pocket from to leg to make it a new part. Sorry if it seems so obvious, I'm just a beginner. I'll try it asap.

Edit: cannot exclude the pocket from the leg (tried with Ctrl-D but didn't work...). The copied pocket remains part of the leg sad_o.gif

Select the pocket, right click, click weights. Lstehno or Pstehno or something like that will probably be there. Go to that selection and your pocket will probably be red. Deselect it and redefine that selection.

DanAK47 and Sniperwolf572, thanks for your answers. I found out I had to select the part to be redefined with the mouse on the main screen of the editor. Although it may seem obvious, I thought I had to select it from the 'part listing': it was not possible to make the right selection... tounge_o.gif