Sign in to follow this  
j-man

Operation dragon horn

Hi there everyone.

Basic Overview:

An army officer and his guard were captured last night by a militia group attempting to rid Saint David island of all U.S military presence. The 2 captives were taken to a farmland just out side of the islands capital.

You and your team of 4 other Deltas will be sent in to rescue the officer and his guard. And then try to get them out of there safely.

Required Addons:

BAS Delta/Rangers v1.50 (23.63Mb)

JAM2 Addon (6.07mb)

Kegetys Editor Addon (64.98Kb)

***OR***

General Baron's editor upgrade (76.6 kb) (I used this EU during the creation of this mission)

Resistance terrorists (2.27 mb)

Farmland objects pack (3.37 mb)

Saint David island (3.74 mb)

OFP Res. V1.85

Mission download:

DOWNLOAD THE MISSION HERE (1.75 Mb)

ENJOY

wink_o.gif

Heh, raise your hand if you remember when Dberka's stuff was cutting-edge... wink_o.gif

*raises hand*

D/ling now....comments when finished smile_o.gif

Will finish tomorrow...had quite enough of mysteriously dying when trying to attack the main house.

Quote[/b] ]had quite enough of mysteriously dying when trying to attack the main house.

hmmmm... Are you sure you wern't just being shot wink_o.gif

How they see me, I have no idea...next time I'm taking along an SR25 instead of the MP5...

My teammates are great at spotting and killing the enemy with a few well-placed shots - except for the terrorists who can shoot straight crazy_o.gif

Havent played an SP mission in ages but I think I'll give this one a go. Do the terrorists use JAM HD? rock.gif

Nope, the AKs sounded like default BIS versions to me.

Damn, It would be better if they did I think but thats J-Mans choice. Anyone got a link for the terrorists, OFPEC and my computer dont get on sad_o.gif

Thanks Avon, checks in the post wink_o.gif

Just had a quick blast and I enjoyed the mission quite a bit.

We'll get the bad stuff out the way first tounge_o.gif

Lack of SD weapons = bad. Silence pistols would do me (even though I love the SigP226 tounge_o.gif )

The people joining my group automatically is annoying, I was going to leave the guard where he was and find the officer.

The Medipack thing in the action menu gets in the way, Delta's can heal temselves anyway so I dont really see the point of it anyway rock.gif

Mission ending when the guard/ officer dies, couldnt you have multiple endings for different circumstances eg. Both survived, 1 survived etc. That would also make it replayable so people can find out what the other endings are wink_o.gif

Im guessing extraction is by chopper (didnt get that far tounge_o.gif ). If it is, it would be better in the middle of a field or something, not at a cross road. If its by other means ignore this crap wink_o.gif

Good shit -

You made me use the new deltas tounge_o.gif

Skip time - I liked to be able to choose when I started

I like the whole radio man thing aswell wink_o.gif

All the fields place around life more easy when I was doing recce's and made me shit myself when I walked out right behind a patrol crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Hi j-man,

Just played your excellent mission, I enjoyed it alot.

Here are my thoughts:

It would make a good co-op map if you had more terrorists and perhaps another objective or two to keep a co-op team occupied.

Completed after second attempt, fairly easy really if you take your time and use the sattelite camera to view and track the terrorists. (19 kills and no losses, all hostages secured in about an hours worth of play). Most of the team were equipped with MP5 aimpoints and one sniper with an SR-25 Rifle.

Was expecting terrorist reinforcements to arrive in vehicles as soon as I pulled the officer out of captivity,(paranoid) had some men guarding the roads in case, but sadly none arrived to be ambushed crazy_o.gif

There was no vehicle to come and pick us up at the extraction point, which I felt after all that effort in getting there, we deserved one at least...

On the whole I think its an enjoyable mission, no major bugs and the clear simple briefing was a bonus. Well done  biggrin_o.gif

I think I might have uploaded the wrong version of the mission sad_o.gif But, i've uploaded the correct one now. The new version isn't very different from the previous. The main things are:

-Difficulty selection

-More enemies

-Random weather

Quote[/b] ]It would make a good co-op map if you had more terrorists and perhaps another objective or two to keep a co-op team occupied.

I like the coop idea. i'll give give it a go.

Quote[/b] ]Was expecting terrorist reinforcements to arrive in vehicles as soon as I pulled the officer out of captivity,(paranoid) had some men guarding the roads in case, but sadly none arrived to be ambushed

I didn't add terrorist reinforcements at the house because I figured that the player would lose enough men while trying to enter the compound.

Quote[/b] ]There was no vehicle to come and pick us up at the extraction point, which I felt after all that effort in getting there, we deserved one at least...

I didn't think a vehicle was all that necessary. I figured that ending the mission right there would fine.

@Munk

I didn't add any silenced guns for a reason. Alhough I can't remember now tounge_o.gif but I did add the MP5 cause it's the coolest gun ever.

And, thanks alot to both of you for trying out the mission smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Was expecting terrorist reinforcements to arrive in vehicles as soon as I pulled the officer out of captivity,(paranoid) had some men guarding the roads in case, but sadly none arrived to be ambushed

I didn't add terrorist reinforcements at the house because I figured that the player would lose enough men while trying to enter the compound.

Lol how perceptive of you wink_o.gif

I have a massive paper to finish but I plan on wrapping up this mission soon.

I think that it would be a good idea to add silenced sidearms though, that way you could carry a primary and use the sidearm for when you need to quickly dispose of a couple of guys.

Just completed it aswell. Was easy when I dropped all the sneaky bastard shit and went straight for the objectives. I was a bit pissed that I was able to just jump into a truck and drive to extraction, I was hoping to be ambushed on the road or something. tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I was a bit pissed that I was able to just jump into a truck and drive to extraction, I was hoping to be ambushed on the road or something.

When the mission was tested at OFPEC, people complained that the run to the extraction zone was too long and that there should be a vehicle they could use. crazy_o.gif

Also, there are guys on the small hill just beofre the extraction, I figured that that would be enough.

Well the guys at OFPEC are lazy bastards who could do with the exercise tounge_o.gif

I'd expect to have a chopper come in low and fast, pick them up from close by and fly off. Would look great if done right wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Can't dl mission file?

Hmm.... strange. It still seems to be working for me. Do you get an error message or something?