Sign in to follow this  
qUiLL

Pre-ofp to pre-ofp2...

in the pre-ofp days all the way from a year + to before release, bis was releasing tons of pics, doing tons of interviews, at one point was releasing a movie every week and just kept wetting everyones appetites. now it seems to have gone to a blackout of information. no pics, no movies, no words, no nothing. now dont get me wrong, i dont think it will stay like this, but my question to all of you is how come? what made bis make a total turn around like that?

i can think of several possibilities...

- bis is making too many rapid changes to opf2 to make it worth while to release info?

- ofp1's release might hindered by the mountain of information?

- too little has been completed/changed since ofp1 to make a big difference and releasing info might set ofp a step back? (ie. engine)

of course this is all just my guesswork. im sure all of you have theories of your own :-p and i want to hear them!

It probably has to do with some kind of coordinated PR campaign. Or, maybe, BIS just doesn't feel like telling anyone a whole lot yet. smile_o.gif

or, they're gonna just keep registering domains, teasing us with little niggles, till finally we actually forget ofp2 exists.

-ZiRo

I'm sure one day they will suprise us with tons of pics and videos. I like suprises biggrin_o.gif

They probably dont want to "over hype" the game either. (look at how over hype took a big giant crap on Soldner) Theres so many people expecting SO MUCH from this title, that they have to be very careful. Considering the release is about a year away at best, now is probably not the time to be pushing the game. Having said that...I still wouldnt mind some info! biggrin_o.gif

If BIS were to release a beta demo to some trusted combat photographers, we'll handle the PR wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Like Suchey said, all the hype around Soldier (Or should I say "Zoooolddnier") only to have it take a dive, bis is doing the right thing not to start a whole bunch of hype.

With OFP 1, BIS initially had trouble with one publisher dropping out if I recall correctly ?

BIS were unkown developers and no-one really knew how OFP would fare. Screenshots, videos and feature lists were released to reel in consumers, generate word of mouth and more importantly grab the attention of publishers.

They certainly don't have to do that with OFP 2. Besides, Codemasters will call the shots regarding ANY information released, not BIS.

So don't hold your breath...   crazy_o.gif

i like it much more to see pictures in an advanced version of the game and so on. and if bis is releaseing pictures and infostuff later the waiting time won't seem that long.

i really enjoy the way bis tells us things about ofp2. for example the first "ofp2" picture, which showed the soldier from vietnam but it wasn't able to recognise it before one guy found a picture where we were able to see the backround with jungle and other soldiers.

its so exciting when the community find mysterious advices from bis and the find the secret about it, thats much more exciting how we get little information about a longer time.

i think thats a nice way and think about that ofp2 will be released early 2005 if everything's working fine. i dont think it's time for that much info

PS: sorry for my english