Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Wow! Yeah it looks fantastic. I sent more info on whats needed on it in a PM. But yeah, awesome work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

600 or 700 i think..

Mr. Miles, I've noticed recently that there are Israeli soldiers who don't wear the standard green color. Some wear grey.

Maybe an explanation, and will there be any grey uniformed Israeli soldiers from your mod?

Mr. Miles, I've noticed recently that there are Israeli soldiers who don't wear the standard green color. Some wear grey.

Maybe an explanation, and will there be any grey uniformed Israeli soldiers from your mod?

Sorry that i'm stealing this question smile_o.gif

The standart uniform in the IDF is olive green. Soldiers with the grey uniform are MAGAV (Mishtarat GVul')- Border Police. They are actually a part of police and not the IDF.

The standart uniform in the Air Forces and Naval is beige. Some units like Sayetet 13 have their own uniform...

YES!! Finally M240 Sufa!! Kol Hakavod Hayal!!!!!!! I can't wait to finally get this car. My only true love Sufa smile_o.gif

I just wanted to add that yes we do have the grey uniformed Magav units out mod. In fact I think they are already in addon pack #2 if I remember correctly.

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I just wanted to add that yes we do have the grey uniformed Magav units out mod.  In fact I think they are already in addon pack #2 if I remember correctly.  

smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ken ken, ze nachon. smile_o.gif

"Israeli Border Police (MAGAV)- These civilian border police are represented in this addon pack by the "Matilan" units. These units specialize in patrolling the borders and hunting down and arresting or killing infiltrators. They are generally armed with a wide assortment of Galils, M4's, M16s, and LMG's. For this addon however they are armed with the M16A2 and M249 Minimi. Later we hope to add a wider variety of weapons such as shotguns and the Micro-Galil."

quote from readme to Pack2

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Hows the Gaza map going by the way? yay.gif

Yeah DeVek is making good progress on the Gaza map. He will probably respond later about his progress...but yeah its coming along. Our Iran/Iraq and Lebanon maps are also coming along nicely.

The only thing setting us back from releasing the Sinai update is me... I'm doing a demo mission just using BIS units (cuz I don't want to accidentally use an updated LoBo unit). However with the ECP mod its loads of fun. I just need to do a cutscene intro movie for the mission and the overview and briefings.

Oh also... yeah the police forces now have way more weapons. They got shotguns, pistols, M1A1 carbines, Galils, and hopefully...soon Magals. They also will have several land rovers including one uparmored version.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

<--- can hardly contain myself

You're making a Lebanon map... does that mean some Hizbollah units?

i wanna create Egypt island for LOBO and i must complete Gaza map.. in gaza map i must add few roads, and objects only.. i will show few screens soon

and .. i start work at Light Machine gun Dror

This all sounds very promising. All I can say is, keep up the good work. I realy like the stuff that`s released until now. thumbs-up.gif

New helmets for israeli troops are ready. Textures are not ideal. I can really make them better... but i think that what's done now is quite enough. Here are some pics:

crwhelmet14me.jpg

helmet10bh.jpg

helmet22ve.jpg

Very nice Hayal, how about tank gogles for tank crews? They should have it.

Very nice Hayal, how about tank gogles for tank crews? They should have it.

Don't worry...of cource our crew will use goggles.

I finished working on the Sufa model. Ufff.... it was really difficult (It's my first car model). The only thing is left is texturing.

sufa18rm.jpg

Hayal @ Aug. 03 2005,12:55)]I finished working on the Sufa model. Ufff.... it was really difficult (It's my first car model). The only thing is left is texturing.

biggrin_o.gif

hey is lost brothers mod making an sa-2 in their upcoming addon pack? i saw a pic of one you guys were making in anther thread.

Yeah we will have an SA-2. Calm Terror actually redid our old SA-2. Now we are using the much nicer one from the OPGWC pack. We also have the fansong radar working in it where the SA-2's will not work if they are positioned too far away from the FanSong radar or if the FanSong radar is destroyed.

OH also... about goggles on the tanker helmets... we are still debating that because of issues of whether they should be moveable, and whether they are needed. On IDF tanks usually only the commander wears and loader wears them if they are travelling. But in combat they spend most of their time inside the tank. IF we have them at all, the default position (or perhaps nonanimated position) will be on top of the helmet. But personally I'd rather that we not mess with goggles as it just adds extra polys and you can't adjust them up or down while the soldier is in a vehicle. So its kinda pointless having them. Plus in modern pictures you only rarely see goggles on IDF tank crews.

It was more commonly seen on old pics of IDF M48, M60, and Sho't tank crews.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Plus in modern pictures you only rarely see goggles on IDF tank crews.

It was more commonly seen on old pics of IDF M48, M60, and Sho't tank crews.

Yes, you can rarely see it as you can rarely see Tzahal Shirion on Sinai desert aye? :P I think that in this mod about conflict with Egipt on Sinai they should have goggles. And Yes it was more common to see them in goggles on M48s and Sho'ts as they stationed on Sinai biggrin_o.gif

The problem is that the goggles can not be lowered or raised inside the tank so its useless in the turned out view unless you kept the goggles fixed over their eyes. Also the AI can not use animations in the tanks either.

Fixed goggles in the lowered position would make them look odd outside the tank. Even in desert areas, it is rare to see pictures of IDF tankers with goggles on. Usually only the commander wears them. In IDF tanks it seems that the driver almost always drives "turned in" in real life especially on the Merkava tanks and Magach 7 tanks. I think that is because with all the extra armor on the turret there is not much room for the driver's head to stick out.

At any rate no matter which we use, people are likely to complain about the goggles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The problem is that the goggles can not be lowered or raised inside the tank so its useless in the turned out view unless you kept the goggles fixed over their eyes.  Also the AI can not use animations in the tanks either.  

Fixed goggles in the lowered position would make them look odd outside the tank.  Even in desert areas, it is rare to see pictures of IDF tankers with goggles on.   Usually only the commander wears them.  In IDF tanks it seems that the driver almost always drives "turned in" in real life especially on the Merkava tanks and Magach 7 tanks.  I think that is because with all the extra armor on the turret there is not much room for the driver's head to stick out.

At any rate no matter which we use, people are likely to complain about the goggles.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I m not complaining, it's just that I like them biggrin_o.gif Tank goggles look pretty cool, but if you are not going to implement them, that's fine too as long as you keep on working on next Update smile_o.gif

I really don't understand what's the problem with goggles. We can make 2 crew types. One with goggles and the other without...why not to do it like that?

And now....Sufa (especially for FireflyPL wink_o.gif )

sufa22rh.jpg