Sign in to follow this  
MEDICUS

Afghan everon?

Some month ago i saw this one Gamezone.cz:

Quote[/b] ]Remo known for his taliban pack (and also north vietnam, korean and russian units) didn't sent us news from a long time. Now you can see why, he was working on a Afghan Everon Island, with new buildings, fields etc! Those screenshots are taken from the alpha version he sent us (not for release yet). Looks promising!!!

New buildings: Medina, Madrassa, Mosque, Caravanserail, Minaret, Wharehouses, Baker, Carpetseller... All with furniture inside.

Stay on the ground or jump roof by roof for new dimension closequarter fight in the medina.

Everon relief modify 65%; new textures applied

Low LODs added on buildings to reduce lag

Screen1          Screen2          Screen2          Screen2

Does anyone know what happen to this really promising project? Would be really sad if it had turned in a "dead project"  sad_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

No its not dead.;) sorry for mssing NOT .

I emailed him a month back to ask about his project and he said...

"Hi

Thanks for your mail. Afganmap is almost complete, I am fixing two problems at the moment : better low lod to prevent lag and better AIpathfinding in the medinas. For lowlod it's on or two days of work (but I don't work on it every days ;) ) and for the ai pathfinding it could be a little bit longer, I have to post some help request at OPEC to solve it. So maybe 2 or 3 weeks more I think

bye

Remo"

No its dead..

I think i don't get it. If he said that he's still working on it, and it will take "2 or 3 more weeks" it isn't dead, right?  rock.gif

Or am i missunderstanding something?

No its not dead.;) sorry for mssing NOT .

Hehe .. no problem!  smile_o.gif

So that are great news! Looking forward to the first release!  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

Don't worry, the project ain't dead. I have a beta of it from a while ago and I'll tell you...it is fabulous! I can't wait for full release either biggrin_o.gif

meanwhile try CAT SHIT ONES afghan island for all your afghan needs. That Island kicks ass. biggrin_o.gif

meanwhile try  CAT SHIT ONES afghan island for all your afghan needs. That Island kicks ass. biggrin_o.gif

Yes, CatShitOnes afghan island is great .... but there are way too less towns sad_o.gif (and afaik a hugh dl about 50megs).

Yes but which CATshit island? It is still very confusing which version the next update of the Afghanistan map will be based upon.

That's why alot of mission makers quit making missions for the Catshit maps. I agree that they are some of the best in OFP, but it sucks hardcore when the map you spent a month making a mission for gets changed around and makes your mission useless without going in and doing the tedious work of changing camera coordinates and moving all the waypoints and units around to fit the new map.

Plus some of us like version2 better then version 3 because it has the bigger city simulating Kabul.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Plus some of us like version2 better then version 3 because it has the bigger city simulating Kabul.  

That's why i stoped working with this island .... had some maps for the big city ... and in the next release ... the whole city was gone crazy_o.gif