Sign in to follow this  
Winters

Tax day in the usa

Sent mine in about a week ago. I get $4100 back from the governemnt, because we bought a house, and had to pay for my wifes tuition out of pocket - some kind of educational credit thingy. Too bad my refund will have to go towards various bills; owning a house is expensive.

don't worry, when your house value increase by the time you retire, you'll be glad you had one. smile_o.gif

only part i don't like is all the money flowing south to cover their piss-poor economy.  sad_o.gif

Amen.

Since I'm a college student that's not even halfway to being at the poverty line ($18,841 for one person in a major urban centre) I get a lot back on taxes, but still this year sucks compared to the last. Last year I made slightly over $11000 and got a return of over $1000. This year, I had to work less to finish my college project (I actually have the presentation in 54 minutes, wish me luck  tounge_o.gif!) - I made just over $8400, and I'll get just over $600 back. Of course, my tuition, rent, ect. have not gone down to reflect this at all.....  sad_o.gif

Sucks being a student without a rich mommy & daddy.

*edit* oh and to avoid any confusion I'm talking Canadian.

Sent mine in about a week ago. I get $4100 back from the governemnt, because we bought a house, and had to pay for my wifes tuition out of pocket - some kind of educational credit thingy. Too bad my refund will have to go towards various bills; owning a house is expensive.

That's why my wife and I didn't owe more. Since I started back in school in the fall we got to take the education tax credit also. Just didn't come out to much for that one semester.

Right now we are both going to school again, and since I'll be paying more in tuition when I transfer, we'll be gettin' a fat check from Unca Sam.

Thx Denoir for the graph ,well i always thought Luxemburg was a total tax paradise ,in any case compared to the taxes one pays here it's way better.

The taxes in Belgium are effectivly chasing investor's and company's out of the country ,it's not that good for our economy ,however Belgian's are among the Best earners of the world to.

edit: correction ,Flemmings are of the best paid in the world.

Since I still live with my folks while going to school and work, they're still nabbing me as a dependent for this last year. Next year that expires. The downside of cheaper living is that I can't deduct myself. Also, the terms were that my folks would advance me the money for each quarter of school, and take chores as interest. The way that works is they pay for school, and I pay them back. They then get the school break, and airline milage on the visa card, and no money out for the deal. I still managed to get a little ~$150 refund out of it.

My first job back from Japan was working a call center for a company that made Tax Prep software for CPA's and preparers. We had an informal "10/90" club as ~10% of all users were responsible for ~90% of the calls. One guy asked if he could deduct his girlfriend as a child dependent. Lots of other weird stuff like that. We bounced those calls over to the tax law advisor queue, as we only did tech support. That ~4 months was a huge help in understanding how the paperwork flows.

Since I am from the hospitality sector I can tell you that noone can hide his income better than waiters and concierges. Waiters in Paris (cafe inside the Interconti at Opera) actually sell their workplace once they retire. And it is worth paying for it cause the tips are incredible.

And since we talk about concierges, trust me that in many cases they earn TWICE the amount of the General Manager. And it is not an industry tale that many amongst the most prestigious quickly became millionaires!

I just did my tazes about 2 weeks ago.   It said I would get a refund of about $200 back from the state.

Then yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying that I have a debt to the state and that my refund is being held by the damn IRS.  This is impossible considering I don't have any debts.

I just did my tazes about 2 weeks ago. It said I would get a refund of about $200 back from the state.

Then yesterday I got a letter in the mail saying that I have a debt to the state and that my refund is being held by the damn IRS. This is impossible considering I don't have any debts.

Unpaid parking tickets? crazy_o.gif

Taxers in Belgium are among the highest in the world ,i pay a almost 40% being in a better middle class ,rich class can easily pay up to 70%-80% in taxes if they earn really well.

My neighbouring country Luxemburg feature's a 0% tax rate ,and man that hurts the eyes of many Belgiums.

EU: Taxes

7.jpg

Tax and social security paid by a worker and his employer reach half the total cost of employing him in Belgium.

Just remember that in denmark, u have to add 8% for "arbejdsmarkedsbidrag".

the feds are giving me back money but i owe the state $2....2 F**KING dollars. i thought about sending them 5 rolls of pennies with a note saying keep the change for next year