Sign in to follow this  
redliner47

"little wing" vietnam  rto mission -beta

Hi everyone, I just finished a new mission I had been working on and am now releasing it as a beta. You play the part of an RTO on a Combat patrol through a rice paddy. The experience is best if you have ECP and have 3rd person view and crosshair switched off

-Features-

Napalm and Airstrike Script (OFPEC)

Custom Soundtrack

Ability to Call in CAS or Airstrike

-Required Addons-

Footmunch's A1E http://212.67.202.173/~footmunch/sandy.zip

SEB Nam Pack 2 w/ CoC Mines

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/mods/sebnampack2_full.zip

I need a host before I can post a link

If you really want it send me a PM and Ill try and get it to you via email.

He has been trying to send it to OFPNAM, but it won't show up. Either he isn't uploading it correctly or HAMMY needs to fix uploading script. I tried to get him to e-mail it to me, but his e-mail won't allow attachments as big as his mission is sad_o.gif. I'm looking forward to playing it when you release it somehow!

Tip: Try uploading it to http://www.domaindlx.com/. Just register an account and upload it. Form there I will upload it on OFPNAM wink_o.gif

Im also thinking about making a Jimi Hendrix mission pack with some of his songs in the intro of the mission

I hope I'm not too late. sad_o.gif Didn't notice this until now. :\

The overview was ok, could be better. wink_o.gif Maybe a better pic and borders to it. smile_o.gif

The briefing was simple, told you what to do. Could use some work too but not absolutely necessary. It's up to you really.

Intro, make an intro. biggrin_o.gif It would make the mission a whole lot better in the cutscene section.

I loved the feeling I had when I left the camp. The mood was nice and Little Wing really hit the spot there. smile_o.gif Nice work.

A few civies got blown up and my LT told us to form a line. On a mine field? I thought they usually follow the steps of the pointman to avoid stepping on mines? We didn't step on any though. wink_o.gif

Once we made contact, the real action began. The firefight on the rice field was very nice. Getting cover from the edges and such. smile_o.gif Our LT got hit here and our medic wouldn't heal him. I stepped on a mine here and loaded my save. After I loaded it, the medic healed our LT and we were moving faster again. Strange... rock.gif

We got to the ville but our LT got hit and died so I took over the squad. I had about 5 or 6 guys left. We attacked the ville and took out two MG's, scouted the area for remaining gooks and even went back to the rice paddy to locate any enemies. I called for CAS (At this point I remembered that we had support tounge_o.gif ) to see if the chopper would find any. He did destroy one MG. I ordered a few airstrikes to the field and to the ville but the mission didn't end. I don't know if I missed some poor bastard somewhere, can't be sure.

Overall this was a very nice and atmospheric mission, which with some more work could be even better. smile_o.gif Nice to see people are still making 'Nam missions!