Sign in to follow this  
vektorboson

Recent development...

Quote[/b] ]You agree that BI Studio and/or its licensors own all right, title and interest in the Software and in all patents, trademarks, trade names, inventions, copyrights, know how and trade secrets relating to the design, manufacture, operation or service of the Software. All rights not expressly granted herein are hereby reserved by BI Studio.

I think this is the bit

Hi Pathy

That  bit refers to Oxygen; not work made with Oxygen. Work made with oxygen is refered to in the EULA but not there.

Kind Regards Walker

As much as I was looking forward to the licence stating ownership and IP of models made stays with BIS, the licence does actually state that the IP for the models and such belongs to the author...

Quote[/b] ]Nothing in this Agreement shall change BI Studio's or any of its licensors' ownership rights to their respective intellectual property, including but not limited to the Software.

The licence (put very basically) says, "We own Oxygen and you can't change it, but we let you retain your normal IP rights for models you create with it"

So if you modified one of BIS's models, as far as I can tell you don't get to claim IP rights, but if you make a model from scratch in Oxygen, normal IP rights apply to the author.

That still doesn't change my stance wink_o.gif, but I thought I'd clear that up for ya. smile_o.gif

sorry, im not an addon maker, but i do agree that back in the day as most will remember there was not much addon stealing before all this encryption malrky, (been to the pub so sorry for the bad grammer and spelling) the OFP community probally has the most repspect between addon authors in the entire gamin community tbh. i think its just stupid to encrypt me personally if others want to learn and improve addons then let them do so, but if others want to steal and release addons that they claim to be theres then usually the community comes down hard on them, this is because the OFP community is really very small so we all keep checfk on each ohter.

Quote[/b] ]Guys and gals, OFP is still a game! We are gamers with interest in creative gaming (i.e. addon creation). No more, no less...

Fuckin rights.

No offence but if you're taking ofp that seriously. You need to start re-evauating your life and see if all that time you're putting into ofp could be used to a better end.

Putting your life into an ofp addon isn't what any normal person would ask of themselves or other people.

I don't really think in the beginning anyone really cared. It was all about doing things that weren't done before. Now it's all about the ego. It's just sad.

Using some immature 13 year old complaining about some trite features of an addon as justification for protecting addons isn't any excuse either. To me I see those being so paranoid as to protect their work as being the real children.

To be honest this whole issue could well be the nail in the coffin for my interest in ofp... that and the steadily increasing system requirements for addons.

If BIS developers are mature enough to acknowlege that people like to modify things for their own liking why can't addon makers as well? They seem to think highly enough of themselves as "would-be developers" can they not act like them as well?

Oh wait. Yeah. You're not being paid money. So you have to get your compensation elsewhere. In the form of some kind of ego stroke. Right?