Sign in to follow this  
Drewus

Havn't played for a year, please help me out.

Hey guys,

Well, the last time i touched OFP was around a year ago, after i got Resistance, played half way through it and then had to reformat therefore losing my progress.

So here i am a year later with all of these mods having been released. I'm new to all of this OFP mod implementation so bare with me while i potentially make a fool out of myself.

I dont play multiplayer, and i dont create my own missions or do scripting, so i'm wondering if there are any Universal type mods available where once they are installed, no matter what mission i play those mods are implemented.

One example is if i download say, a special effect explosion addon. Will those new explosions show up in every single mission i play? or do i need to go and edit the mission manually in order for those explosions to appear.

I really hate having to mess around with different missions in order to make the game look pretty. I just like downloading mods, dropping them in the appropriate folders and having those mods appear throughtout the entire game, just like what happens with the majority of mods for games.

So could someone please explain to me if mod's like these exist, and if so, where i could download them?

thanks.

Sounds like you want something like ECP, unfortunatly OFPEC's down and I cant think of any where else you can get it from. sad_o.gif

Edit: If you cant find it you can add me to MSN and I'll send it to you wink_o.gif

What is ECP exactly? Like what does it incorperate?

Also the only mod i ever originally used was Satchels Sound Addon, which i found to be incredibly well done.

Does this sound addon still exist?

I dont use MSN sorry sad_o.gif

Is there a server where you could temporarily upload it to?

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]1. About

--------

The Enhanced OFP Configuration Project aims to increase the potential of the game through providing updated OFP game configuration files. The enhanced configuration provides special effects, and improved sound. The ECP will soon contain realistic weapons and vehicles provided in a future update.

In addition to increasing the enjoyment of the game for individuals, we aim to provide an open-source enhanced configuration for use by all mods.

The ECP adds effects to OFP without having to edit missions, these effects are fully compatible with MP and SP missions.

All effects can be turned off and on in ECP_settings.sqs to suit your needs.

The ECP contains 3 configs:

Normal config (default): No new sounds added, adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

DR config: DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

New DR config: Some new DR sounds in wss format (reduces heavy lag caused by old DR .ogg file sounds, reconfigured all volumes to more realistic levels) Adds ECP eventhandlers and changes the colour of blood puff to match snYpirs blood addon.

Here's the thread for ECP. Im not sure if the links will work seeing as OFPEC's down but you can give it a go. The ECP Core in the first post is an old version. I think the lastest is 1.071, not too sure though.

Try searching news sites for it if the links dont work.

OFP.info OFP Base

Hope that helps

Thanks for the links, unfortunately i cant track down 1.071

Neither of the sites have it and all OFPEC links dont work. It's a shame that site went down sad_o.gif

Is it only down temporarily or have they closed the site for good?

Should be up in a week I think

If you really want ECP, I could upload the basic 1.071 (No DR sounds) to my private folder and post a link for you. That could take a little while though, I'm not currently using my OFP computer.

You could use InQuisitors High detail weapons pack.

It will give you a nice change to the small arms textures, models and sounds.

If you like that, you can try the Explo mod, or GMR mod, is the same.

Is been combined with alot of things, like inQuisitor's weapons, and some other stuff.

You can have just a nice new explosions effect, or the explosions effects with the weapons mentioned, new sounds for everything, etc.

Golmember made lots of different versions of it, and it can get a bit confusing on what is what.

I sugest you to look at this topic. I know it have alot of pages, but the results are well worth the reading.

Another suggestion would be for you to download the Tonal Tango Pack from BAS.

It have a campaign and multiplayer missions in it, is very different to what you seen so far in OFP, and its really good.

Besides, alot of people release mission based in it really often.

One last sugestion, and this is one of the best ones you can get for OFP. The FDF mod.

Its just great. It have a nice new campaign, nice bunch of addons, single missions, multiplayer missions, etc. Plus it have its own configuration, changing models, sounds, ballistics, and alot more stuff to it that I can't think about.

Big download, but its really good and made professionally.

I can't think about anything ellse, but I sugest you to learn how to work mod folders biggrin_o.gif

Have fun.

@CERO.

I also highly recommend FDF mod. It's like a whole 'nother game. It has new sounds and effects that you seem to be looking for, and a ton of units. It's easy to install (even I got it right). FDF mod, along with anything (preferrably everything) BAS. I game like a kid in a sandbox, I don't design anything for myself, but love playing with cool, shiny new toys.

CSLA II is also worth mentioning as it updates almost all the standard East vehicles with new models/textures.

It's available from OFP.info (link in post above)

I too would recommend FDF mod..it's the best mod out for OFP period..personally I'd skip CSLA II the campaign too unrealistic and there are too many "you versus the world missions" and the intros are crazy annoying and long. BAS has added a couple of new things that add alittle to the game also don't miss the NAMpack 2 mod...its in dire need of a new island and minor updates but it still provides great vietnam fun..hope this helps..

Hey guys, thanks for the replies.

I also remember something about having too many mods causes the game to show up with errors, is this still true? or has it been fixed by BIS?

This FDF mod looks incredibly sweet, i'll have to download it tonight and give it a go.

Thanks again

I agree FDF mod it the best mod not only for its unit but some of the new ideas they have implemented smile_o.gif

and yes the memory map error has been fixed go to OFPinfo

and download newest patches, you will also find the main mods bas,fdf,csla ro whatever. Also many addons & maps smile_o.gif

have fun