Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Now my System Crash to the Desktop if I start the Game, or if I start a Mission!

Hm have anyboady an idea to solve my problem.

thx.

Make sure you have all the addons installed as this is the most common problem for crashing to desktop..Even if you think you have them all double check as there are quite a few needed.Have you also got JAM version 2.0.

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]Issue: Crashes to desktop

Solution 1: Check to ensure that you do not have an addon loaded twice -- especially two different versions of an addon (Ex: BAS Delta/Ranger 1.55 in @ECP\Addons and 1.0 in Res\Addons)

Solution 2: An addon is corrupt. You'll need to expiriment to find the culprit.

Solution 3: You're using the incorrect version of an addon. Example: Somebody had a problem with crashes when they were using a different version of Marfy's M925 truck than I used in the creation of the config. His PBO had a different name than the one that the config was pointing at for the model, so this caused problems. You can check the table below for exact PBO names.

Solution 4: Replace the ECP settings scripts in the root ECP directory (\@ECP\) with the original unmodified files. You can do this simply by reinstalling ECP, but if you do that, you will also need to reinstall EECP. Dreamline has reported that fractional values in these files as selected through the ECP options menu in-game can occasionally lead to problems.

-installation instructions on page 1 say "Do not use [...] M113 Pack v1.1 with this version of EECP" but one of the download links leads to the M113 v1.1 pack (the other one to v1.0). Could cause problems if people install the wrong version.

The only thing that could happen is script errors. One of the links points to the combat site, which was the correct version when I did the readme.

0.4.3 will have all of the combat stuff updated, so this will be moot shortly.

Quote[/b] ]-there are two cbt_misc.pbo of different versions to be installed, one from the bradley pack and one from the m113 pack (this being the newer one, i guess the old one will not work with the m113 pack correctly). Could also cause problems if wrong version is installed.

Not much that I can do about this. This is the Combat Mod's thing. I'd imagine that eventually they'll have all of this straitened out.

Quote[/b] ]-why not put a link to the new ecp-enabled jam v2 into the list of download links (http://ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/#4) if you recommend to use it anyway?

JAM isn't a requirement. BAS_weap is.

Quote[/b] ]-i installed into @eecp folder instead of @ecp, so there are no conflicts with installed ecp versions. I think this would be the better way, instead of renaming config.bin and stuff. You just have to edit the path in the init_once.sqs in the ecp_effects.pbo (3 edits)

I agree, but I've been trying to keep the installation procedure as simple as possible for people.

Work is proceeding slowly on 0.4.3. I've taken a break for a while simply because I found myself getting burned out. There will be a few surprises to make up for it, though.

Love the mod, really improves the OFP experience. 1 thing that gets me though is the opforce still can drop you from 500 like nothing. Is there anyway you could do a HD pack for Russian/NATO forces that you can change before launching, depending on what side you want to play? I think that would make it perfect.

Don't mean to impose or anthing, it would just make things perfect in my opinion.

Love the mod, really improves the OFP experience. 1 thing that gets me though is the opforce still can drop you from 500 like nothing. Is there anyway you could do a HD pack for Russian/NATO forces that you can change before launching, depending on what side you want to play? I think that would make it perfect.

Don't mean to impose or anthing, it would just make things perfect in my opinion.

The ECP guys are doing a lot with AI-related things, so it'll be interesting to see if they address that. It would not surprise me.

I also have a few ideas that may help with that issue, but I just haven't gotten around to getting them in and trying them out.

I forgot to answer this before, sorry.

I need some help. I replaced the RPG-16 in this mod by RPG-7 by Kegetys. Ingame the launcher is named RPG-7 and has the right model but in the inventory the pic of ammo and the launcher itself is still RPG-16.

I have tried changing everything to match Keg's RPG-7 thingies but no. The inventory pictures are the same even if there is nothing pointing to RPG-16 in the config.bin. sad_o.gif

Any tips would be apreciated.

The inventory pictures for the default BIS weapon classes are contained in DTAEXT.pbo. The reason that I did it this way was because it is impossible to define seperate images for weapons and magazines without making a seperate class for a magazine. Doing that could have potentially caused small compatability problems.

If you want to change any inventory pictures for default classes, either edit the config and add an ammo class for a magazine for the weapon in question, or unpbo DTAEXT.pbo and replace the images in question.

In the case of the RPG, you'd want to replace

\equip\m\m_rpglauncher.paa for the rocket

and

\equip\w\w_rpglauncher.paa for the launcher itself

Is the Save/Load bug fixed yet?

Once it will, it will be worth downloading this mod, to replay all BIS missions & campaings.

Thanks for the help. biggrin_o.gif

I have one suggestion. Replace BIS Shilka by DKM's Tunguska. Really good work btw. One of my favourites.

@ Kurayami

Did you ever get permission to release you great looking truck pack.Come to think of it you couldn't of as you would of incorparated it into your config if you had.Shame really when it's such a fine assortment of trucks..

m925.jpg

Ps,I realy realy want these beautys.... sad_o.gif

PPs,Did you use Maf's nato truck in your config because i just have the normal BIS truck.. sad_o.gif

The ECP guys are doing a lot with AI-related things, so it'll be interesting to see if they address that. It would not surprise me.

I also have a few ideas that may help with that issue, but I just haven't gotten around to getting them in and trying them out.

Perfect. Hope ECP and you are able to crack the ai thing. HD weapons aren't the best, but do make things a bit better.

Any idea how the next version of ECP is coming?

Is the Save/Load bug fixed yet?

Once it will, it will be worth downloading this mod, to replay all BIS missions & campaings.

Nope. That is supposed to be fixed in the next version of ECP.

Thanks for the help. biggrin_o.gif

I have one suggestion. Replace BIS Shilka by DKM's Tunguska. Really good work btw. One of my favourites.

I've considered this since I really like the Tunguska, but the fact of the matter is that it is way, way overpowered for OFP. Aircraft in OFP have to fly (relatively) low because of engine limitations and view distances are relatively short even on the highest end systems. The Tunguska has a huge advantage even with countermeasure scripts running.

@ Kurayami

Did you ever get permission to release you great looking truck pack.Come to think of it you couldn't of as you would of incorparated it into your config if you had.Shame really when it's such a fine assortment of trucks..

[im]http://img43.exs.cx/img43/4964/m925.jpg[/img]

I never got permission. I emailed Marfy several times and I tried to get in contact with Jonno in half a dozen ways. Neither ever responded.

Don't worry, though. The 5tons will not stay as they are...

Quote[/b] ]Ps,I realy realy want these beautys.... sad_o.gif

PPs,Did you use Maf's nato truck in your config because i just have the normal BIS truck.. sad_o.gif

Initially I did, but I removed in anticipation of using my 5t pack.

It'll be back in some form.

Any idea how the next version of ECP is coming?
I wish I had one. As it is, I have no more information than you guys. The ECP guys said that it was forthcoming, so I guess all that we can do is wait.

its probably here in the 38 pages of replies but the crash error....i get it every time i want to load a mission it says (ie) Central Everon then all the time date stuff at bottom then it crashes...i installed all the addons except the csla ones into my addons folder outside of @ECP what could it be

EDIT --I only get this with EECP (just to let people know like waldrieses post b4) so could it be the config or something else having to do with EECP

EDIT..Again could it have something to do with not having an updated tonal or something since thats where JAM 2 comes from im probably wrong but eh

its probably here in the 38 pages of replies but the crash error....i get it every time i want to load a mission it says (ie) Central Everon then all the time date stuff at bottom then it crashes...i installed all the addons except the csla ones into my addons folder outside of @ECP what could it be

EDIT --I only get this with EECP (just to let people know like waldrieses post b4) so could it be the config or something else having to do with EECP

EDIT..Again could it have something to do with not having an updated tonal or something since thats where JAM 2 comes from im probably wrong but eh

From the readme:

Quote[/b] ]Issue: Crashes to desktop

Solution 1: Check to ensure that you do not have an addon loaded twice -- especially two different versions of an addon (Ex: BAS Delta/Ranger 1.55 in @ECP\Addons and 1.0 in Res\Addons)

Solution 2: An addon is corrupt. See the table below to get a list of exact filesizes and checksums. Compare your addons against that. Anything that doesn't match is likely to be the culprit.

Solution 3: You're using the incorrect version of an addon. Example: Somebody had a problem with crashes when they were using a different version of Marfy's M925 truck than I used in the creation of the config. His PBO had a different name than the one that the config was pointing at for the model, so this caused problems. You can check the table below for exact PBO names.

There really isn't much more that I can offer. If everything is installed correctly and there are no problems with any individual addons, it will work without any sort of crashes.

As for JAM, JAM isn't even a requirement. I use nothing from the JAM pbos, so that is unlikely to be the cause.

This is certainly related to the save/load game crash that is often reported to occur with the ECP scripts.

Unless the ECP team solve this in their next "soon" version, i think that you have to live with it when playing under E:ECP

This is certainly related to the save/load game crash that is often reported to occur with the ECP scripts.

Unless the ECP team solve this in their next "soon" version, i think that you have to live with it when playing under E:ECP

Hmm. I didn't interpret his post like that. If he meant loading a saved mission, then you're absolutely right - this is the famous ECP problem. There's nothing that can be done about this currently.

I thought he meant just loading a mission period.

Maybe you are right, my english is a bit limited.

I assumed that it was the "famous" ECP load/save bug when i read in his post the word - load -.

If it is not this problem, it should certainly be one of the possible issues you pointed in the E:ECP readme file, as E:ECP worked perfectly for me when starting missions and playing (without loading any saved game of course).

Is it okay to use the upgraded version of Suchey's Marines by Mako with EECP?

Is it okay to use the upgraded version of Suchey's Marines by Mako with EECP?

I haven't had a chance to test, but as long as everything keeps the same names (pbos, models, etc,) everything should work just fine.

Quote[/b] ]I haven't had a chance to test, but as long as everything keeps the same names (pbos, models, etc,) everything should work just fine.

Just tried it in several missions and a custom. MAP works great as far as I can tell, and the AI's new AT targeting works wonderfully. Really lets EECP shine.

I just tried this mod and it really kicks ass...a couple of things I noticed, though, that you may or may not be aware of...

1)  The M136 that my buddies are lugging around is a really old-looking blocky one...HYKs guys (and even the De/Ras) on their own use a newer-looking version - I didn't use an older JAM file...is that an addon mixup or a bug?  No web space at the moment but I'll try to get a pic for comparison... *edit* got pics, I can mail them if you want.

2)  The recoil on the SAW - did you *really* have to change it tounge_o.gif  From what I hear Earl had it modeled pretty well as the SAW is very easy to control.

3)  The M9 still has the wrong mag capacity.

4)  Can you change the cannon round capacities on the Cobra and Apache?  the Apache really carries something like 1200 rounds for the gun IIRC.

5)  With the MARPAT upgrade by Mako, the AI can (sort of) use the Javelin now...can you replace the Carl Gustav with it?

Sorry if these have been mentioned before wink_o.gif

1) The M136 that my buddies are lugging around is a really old-looking blocky one...HYKs guys (and even the De/Ras) on their own use a newer-looking version - I didn't use an older JAM file...is that an addon mixup or a bug? No web space at the moment but I'll try to get a pic for comparison... *edit* got pics, I can mail them if you want.

I didn't realize that the HYK soldiers came with a new AT4 model. I'll look into it.

Quote[/b] ]2) The recoil on the SAW - did you *really* have to change it tounge_o.gif From what I hear Earl had it modeled pretty well as the SAW is very easy to control.

It may be easy to control, but I rather doubt that a weapon that fires the same round as the M16 at a much higher rate of fire is going to have less recoil unless it's on a bipod. It also weighs close to 20 pounds when fully loaded with a 200 pound box mag, so I can't imagine that it's a terribly comfortable weapon to fire from anything but a prone position. The default MAP M249 is practically a laser gun. Even the AI had a very clear cut advantage when using it.

I don't think that the recoil value assigned to it now is unreasonable, but it may well change since none of the recoil values are final.

Quote[/b] ]3) The M9 still has the wrong mag capacity.

Noted. Will be changed to 15. I thought that I had done that.

Quote[/b] ]4) Can you change the cannon round capacities on the Cobra and Apache? the Apache really carries something like 1200 rounds for the gun IIRC.

In the works. The armor values will also be changed for all helicopters.

Quote[/b] ]5) With the MARPAT upgrade by Mako, the AI can (sort of) use the Javelin now...can you replace the Carl Gustav with it?

Considering this very seriously. I have yet to try the upgrade, but if I like it expect to see the Javelin.

Expect to see 0.4.3 in the not too terribly distant future. We aren't talking about a week or anything, but I plan on buckling down and getting it finished soon.

Okay, here's a pic of the AT4 comparison...

Came with JAM2:

m136_2.jpg

One currently in EECP:

m136_1.jpg

Though the JAM folks toned down the killing power and slowed the projectile down in the top version.

*waits anxiously for new version tounge_o.gif *

My network's firewall doesn't allow for ftp connections. I've had a difficult time findind http downloads for the required addons. Could you please either e-mail me the EECP CSLA2 file, or (preferably) host it.

Thank you for your time.

Quote[/b] ]I rather doubt that a weapon that fires the same round as the M16 at a much higher rate of fire is going to have less recoil unless it's on a bipod.

I could not disagree more with the above statement.

The M249 SAW has a loaded weight of nearly 24 pounds when loaded with a 200 round box of linked rounds.

Its cyclic rate of fire is 725 rounds per minute when the gas regulator is set in the normal position(where is should be left 99.9 percent of the time)

The M16A2 has a loaded weight of 8.8lbs with a 30 round magazine.

Its cyclic rate of fire is 750-800rpm (note cyclic rate is a theoretical measure given infinite ammo and no mag changes it is usefull in comparing controlability and is not to be confused with the practical rate of fire).

The SAW actually has a lower cyclic rate of fire than the M-16 series at over twice the weight. The recoil impulse of the M-249 is much lower.

I can also vouch for this from personal experience with both weapons systems as an Armorer several years ago