Silent Pro

Silent pro's west gfx upgrade

DOWNLOAD HERE

Silent Pro's West GFX Upgrade

DOWNLOAD UPDATE PATCH

Patch

To install the update just extract it to the wGFXupgrade\BIN folder

Straight from the DONT READ ME....

I give all credit to the addon makers for all their work on the addons used in this modification, which are not included as a part of this installation in anyway shape or form. My work is conentrated simply within the C++ code

used in creating the configuration files, i simply modified classes by replacing the names of BIS default units with that of the user made addons.

Required Addons

----------------------------

BAS Delta/Rangers v.1.5

BAS Blackhawks

Earl and Suchey's Marine Assault Pack

INQ's Weaponpack

Hyk's Modern US Soldiers

SIGMA's West Armor Pack

SEBNAMPack2

MOD Summary

-----------------

So whats this mod do? It replaces default BIS units with the user made addons below.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE ADDONS ABOVE

Weapons

---------                         Replaced With

-------------------

M16                              Earls M16A2    

M16/M203                         Earls M16A4/m203

XM177E2                          "    " M4

M60 GPMG                         INQ M60

Satchel                          "   " C4

MP5SD6                           BAS MP5SD6 w/CCO

Soldier Units

--------------

Soldier                         Hyk 1985 US Soldier

Pilot                           SEBNAMPACK2 AirCav Pilots

Officer Night                   Hyk 1985 US Soldier

BlackOp(Armed with BAS MP5SD6)  BAS SFOD-D

Vehicles

-------------

M1A1                            SIGMA's M1A1

M60                             "        " M60

UH-60 MG                        BAS      UH60L

Installation and Usage

------------------------

Simply unrar this directly into your OFP folder... it will be installed in a folder called wGFXupgrade in

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\

To run this modification, you need to run OFP from the RUN command dialog or from a shortcut with the -mod= parameter

Example...

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=WestMisc;BAS;INQ;WestArmor;MTCO;Vietnam;wGFXupgrade

Known Issues

--------------------------

Some West units have not been updated as they were introduced in OFP Resistance and I have not been able to track them down as of yet, you will not see these default units in the CWC campaign though.

UH60 MG has been replaced by BAS UH60L, the UH60L's cargo positions are different than the BIs UH60, as such things will look a bit weird when getting into a BAS UH60L.

No special scripts were retained from any of the above addons...no dust, goggles, bleeding...etc

Disclaimer

--------------------

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, IF OFP STOPS WORKING BECAUSE YOU INSTALLED THIS ON YOUR MACHINE , OR WORSE YOUR MACHINE CEASES TO FUNCTION IN GENERAL OR SUFFERS DAMAGE IN ANYWAY SHAPE OR FORM...I DO NOT AND WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE EVENTS THAT TRANSPIRED CAUSING YOU "IRREPAIRABLE DAMAGE" OR "LOSS".

If you added the Resistance, I would suggest that you use Edge's retextured guerillas smile_o.gif . And maybe Suchey's RNI for the East biggrin_o.gif ...

Edit - Maybe you could use the M249 instead of the M60. I just can't give up that great BRRRAAAPP noise that the SAW makes.

I have one request, please leave any feedback or comments regarding the modification.

Thank You,

Silent Pro

Yeah the M249 is pretty damn cool, but hey rocking and rolling on the "PIG" is nothing to scoff about either. When i hear my Machine gunners let the lead fly, man i feel real safe!

Besides I'm trying to keep it as close to 1985 as possible. Wish i had 85' Delta operators.

So theres been 60 post views so far, who's tried it out yet?

Argh - the whole SEBNAM pack is needed just for the pilots??? sad_o.gif

Argh - the whole SEBNAM pack is needed just for the pilots??? sad_o.gif

Only thing I don't like on this.

I would like to see the BAS SOAR Pilot or Crew.

Makes "needed addons list" much smaller!

I'm not using vietnam and cold war units together many time. wink_o.gif

---

But, GOOD WORK!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

I agree, use the BAS pilots!

And for that matter, couldn't you also replace the MP5 with the INQ mp5 (much better IMHO than the BAS one) and take BASweap.pbo off the list as well?

I'm at work now, but i'll download this and give it a shot later tonight...

I would like to see the BAS SOAR Pilot or Crew.

Makes "needed addons list" much smaller!

Yeah, that was exactly my thought. This pack sounds great, but if you use the BAS units anyways, why not their far superior pilots, too? 70mb 'Nam for 1 unit sound like overkill!

I may replace the nampack pilots with the BAS SOAR guys, but the NAMPACK has been out so long...most people have it by this point in time.

I figured the nampack pilots were much more appropriate than the SOAR's since they use gear and technology, that is closer to cold war era kit.

If you dont have the nampack by now...well it might be a good time to download it.

Na, I have it - even have it installed - but why requiring people to load yet another huge mod folder just for a pilot? See my point. It would be great if you could replace them with the BAS pilots. Apart from that the pack sounds just fine.

Edit: @rufiusmac - if he uses the BAS pilots the bas weapons will be required anyways. ;)

anotehr little suggestion: add sucheys Russians instead for the BIS one smile_o.gif

(...)

No special scripts were retained from any of the above addons...no dust, goggles, bleeding...etc

(...)

crazy_o.gif The above + can't use ECP with your mod means we get ass kicking model replacement, but we've to go back to OFP stone age in terms of special effects.

It doesn't seem to be working for me...I put everything into the shortcut menu thing but I still have all the default stuff being used?

ALso, what Nampack pbo has the pilot in it so I can just move it over to another folder without activating the WHOLE mod?

Here is 3 feutures I think who would be awesome to add:

1: Sucheys Russian

2: INQ's A10

3: BAS SOAR Pilot

smile_o.gif

I also think you should lose the nampack pilot - it is a pretty large addon pack to load just for one unit, especially for peeps with lower end machines.

Anyway, I think this pack will be great (haven't installed it yet), epecially in conjunction with Fatwombat's retexed islands, BN880's update island objects, Kegetys sky and Silesians retexed units smile_o.gif

Okay I got it working but seem to have a problem.

I can't progress pass the training phase of the campaign because I can't pick up ammo for Sucheys M-16A2, because it doesn't use the standard BIS ammo crates which are on the range.

Can you bypass training?

Nice, but I already made a new 1985.pbo some time ago for myself. But congratulations on your work anyways.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Hjaldar,

This isnt a campaign pbo, this is a "conversion" meaning that the default BIS units will be replaced entirely in every single mission, or campaign and even in multiplayer. So while you went ahead and changed the units in every single mission withinthe campaign only, this mod replaces them with one fell swoop.

ThePara,

I will fix the ammo crate issue so that it also uses Earls mags as well.

To everyone,

I will replace the NAMPACK pilots with the SOAR's for the sake of simplicity and making everyones addon load that much less.

Seems like there was enough feedback on that issue tounge_o.gif

As far as replacing the guerillas, the russians and their weapons...thats all being planned.

For now this serves as a WEST replacement mod, only.

Watch this thread for an update...i'll probably have it out in the next few hours.

P.S I forgot to add, the reason this does not work with other mods like ECP(which have modified configs), is because the config's are conflicting and not complementing one another. One or the other has to take precedence, unless ECP writes up my config as a plug-in that can work inconjunction with their mod, you will not be able to use these cooperatively.

Kinda interesting I am doing a similar thing by replacing all west vehicles jeep jeep m2 with hummer m2 etc blah blah but just in the campaign so users dont have to keep using mods but i can also use more and different units in the campaign that i can by just making a new config I think you guys will like it though :-).

btw the 1985 is hte first campaign that will be converted to 2003 terms.

-BlackDeath

Are u gonna replace the bis A10 with INQ A10 to ?

Just couriouse ( or how it spells )

Well that particular mod have shown themselves to be very open minded about plug ins and complementary coding.

Na, I have it - even have it installed - but why requiring people to load yet another huge mod folder just for a pilot? See my point. It would be great if you could replace them with the BAS pilots. Apart from that the pack sounds just fine.

Edit: @rufiusmac - if he uses the BAS pilots the bas weapons will be required anyways. ;)

Not the MP5 pilots...