Sign in to follow this  
feersum.endjinn

Png2pac texture conversion tool

It selects which filter it uses to resize smaller mipmaps. Box filter works just fine most of the time, and is recommended one for textures with alpha channel.

This tool is really gonna prevent a lot of headaches when texturing wink_o.gif

Really great work Feer, thanks! smile_o.gif

Are there any chances that you tune up the compression alghoritm to work faster? It's very usefull tool but also terribly slow. wink_o.gif

Whats all this talk about it being slow? I have a pIII 650 mhz and Png2pac converts textures at the same speed that texview would. a 1024x1024 texture only takes like 6 seconds at the most. BTW I love the gui, it is better than texview in that you can just run it in the background while editing textures and then you just click 'convert' to update and save your texture. In texview you would have to unload the texture by loading a different texture, then you would have to reload the first texture and save it. However i did have some problems with greyscale images using auto-detect ('can't load mip-map' error in buldozer) and i wasn't able to convert a greyscale texture that had a multi-shade alpha channel.

However i did have some problems with greyscale images using auto-detect ('can't load mip-map' error in buldozer) and i wasn't able to convert a greyscale texture that had a multi-shade alpha channel.

I can't seem to be able to reproduce this bug. What was size of the texture you were trying to convert?

Are there any chances that you tune up the compression alghoritm to work faster? It's very usefull tool but also terribly slow. wink_o.gif

I know, I was just lazy and main focus was at having better DXT compression code, other formats are just bonus. If I have to do any bugfixes I'll try to also optimize compression algorithm for RGBA4444, RGBA5551 and IA88 formats.

Whats all this talk about it being slow? I have a pIII 650 mhz and Png2pac converts textures at the same speed that texview would. a 1024x1024 texture only takes like 6 seconds at the most. (...)

Hmmm, on my Duron 800 it took about 15 minutes to convert 512x512 tga to paa. That's not too fast, now is it? I'm glad to hear you're going to improve it smile_o.gif

Can I add one suggestion, please? I'd like to see batch conversion of the whole folder. How about that?

wink_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">A Required .DLL file, mfc70.DLL, was not found

rock.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">A Required .DLL file, mfc70.DLL, was not found

Use latest version 1.1 of PAATool - MFC is statically linked there so no extra DLLs are needed.

See my post above.