Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Wondering:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/inquisitor/prefabs.htm

saw some editor placed objects on what apperes to be the desert island. granted this would look sweet hard coded into the map. . but anyway as u can see by the download links he is without these. was wondering if anyone has them still?  sad_o.gif i know its sad that people still turn to editor made islands but you have to admit from the pics on both islands it does look pretty sweet

ahhh yea, i noticed thos prefab setups on his sight ages ago. they look pretty cool, and look fun to mess around with. but chances are these objects were placed in with the editor, and if you know anything about that, it would lag like hell. just admire the pretty screenshots biggrin_o.gif

Devil Island was sweet! It had a very nice design, too bad my computer didn't like it sad_o.gif The framerate was like 4 fps or something.

Arch.

Too many objects, too many polys, terrible lag, that's what I remember. It looked nice, though.

Send me your email through PM, I'll try to find it in my archives.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry!

Files lost because of an HD-Crash.

If someone have the files, please contact me

if you find please send them to inquisitor too wink_o.gif

Ok, I've found two of them Devil's Island and Area 151. I've contacted Inquisitor too. So be patient, I'm waiting for his reply and will send them to him ASAP.

Edit: A friendly tip to Pappy and general remark to all of you: name the topics you create in such a way that we know what they're about without reading... wink_o.gif

Ok, files sent to Inquisitor, now it's up to him to upload them to his website. smile_o.gif

Ok, I've found two of them Devil's Island and Area 151. I've contacted Inquisitor too. So be patient, I'm waiting for his reply and will send them to him ASAP.

Edit: A friendly tip to Pappy and general remark to all of you: name the topics you create in such a way that we know what they're about without reading... wink_o.gif

i applogise for that i wasnt sure on how to title it.

Inquisitor seems to like making PCs work very very hard. It makes me wonder if:

A: He has the greatest ofp gaming machine... ever.

or

B: He doesn't really use what he makes. More just makes things for the aesthetic appeal.

I think its a little bit of both, anyways IO once made an Island fortress with a bunch (like 400) of those "large Rocks" and a bucnh ofMapfact objects and it didnt lag too much.

a freind emailed them to me. i tested both. i got a p4 1500 processor and a gf2mx gfx card and i got no lag smile_o.gif

Really I wonder what you boys are pulling. My PC (Compaq P5000) 8mb video controler, no AGP, Celron, ME, 256mb ram.

I don't experence much lag if any. rock.gif

Well I wonder, maybe theres some magic about my computer, bet OFP 2 willl run on it. tounge_o.gif

As a rule of thumb I've been told when things are put in WRP maps they leg less if not at all.

Just rome around nagova and count the pollys and the pixtels.

Like counting stars. crazy_o.gif

i´ve got the files from ag_smith.

i will now remove some addons. there is another problem: these prefabs are made with ofp v 1.2

in the meantime bis must change some island coordinates so some rocks are hovering in the air. i have to fix this before i can upload these files ( or i will put the old intro.wrp file into the addon)

Sweet Sounds good man, I think Inq has more patience than any one in these forums, it drove me nuts making mine.