Sign in to follow this  
andylee054

Roc mod 3.0 coming soon.

OFP Taiwan Workshop planning to release our new MOD again, and here are some screenshots as below.

ROC MOD 3.0 Screenshot

biggrin_o.gif

The release day might be a few weeks later, for we need to check them twice and make some sample missions for it.

wow_o.gif

WOOHOO!

Are you guys going to adapt your excellent campaigns to use the new units?

andylee: Great job, I look forward to the updated mod, in my opinion probably one of, if not the greatest mod released for OFP to date. Especially the way you guys structured that campaign. Man that HALO unit looks gucci.

Will you also be updating your PLA troops???

George

Actually, the PLA stuff in our MOD just took some change on texturing .

But we made some new howizer for PLA.

We made a lot of new systems for this MOD such like, Auto setting Chinese face on both side no matter you play them in mission edittor or your own missions, Auto ranking system for each units, New para system for OFP's soldiers so the soldier will get shot during para on the sky......etc.

GREAT, GREAT, GREAT !!!!

The pictures, finally ! Andy, your message about ROC MOD 3 is on your site from January ....

I am looking forward for your addons, campaign(s) etc

The soldiers on pictures look GREAT !!!

fighter

biggrin_o.gif

Will you guys put the mission breifings in English this time please? I loved the older campaign, Tawain2002, but it is hard to understand sometimes what you have to do becuase breifings are in diffrent language sad_o.gif. Lookign forward to new 3.0 release!!!

I almost fully missed this mod..Saw some pictures along time ago but that`s it..Anyone has some links to version 2?

And nice work..Scooters,Taxis,Police cars,Buildings..Are you trying to recreate Bangkok?  tounge_o.gif

Seriously is there a new campaign and island coming with version 3.0?

edit:If anything I think your vegetation could use some work. From the pics I think it`s the only thing that doesn`t look good right now..

Oh, I see, the "Bangkok", but sorry we have no plan to make this one.

We will release the beta version with some demo missions and updated the two old campaigns in a few weeks later.

Also we will update the Kinmen island which added a lot of fields on it and all buildings were fixed geometry lod so that AI soldier can entry the house without problems.

Than, we will publish the formal version after we made a new campaign for this MOD.

biggrin_o.gif

Dam I have been waiting this for a long time! biggrin_o.gif

The 2.0 version was good but little rough on the edges so to speak. If this new version fixes those little glitches in 2.0 this will be the best mod in a long time.

I think this is a great mod but will you PLEASE have some decent BLOOD textures this time?

Those were just awful!

wow_o.giftounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Those old PLA textures were not so great in some soldiers but models were good. With new textures they are going to be great!

Maybe you could ask permission from PLA mod so you could use their weapon pack. It had all most importnant and common weapons used in the PLA. If you want to do them yourselves thats fine by me, you just wouldnt have to make same things again. wink_o.gif

actually, I gave a lot of permissions to PLA's team before, the first PLA addon and weapon pack are made by me. biggrin_o.gif

In this version, I retextured all pla's units.

Also I made a lot of common rifles for them too. Such like Type 81 rifle, Type 95, Type 81 MG, Type 56c (QBZ56C).

so, there is no need to do that, right?

wink_o.gif

Silly me. Didnt know that. crazy_o.gif

But I sure am glad that you made new weapons and other stuff. Now I cant wait for release! smile_o.gif

My 2 cents.......more groups. The Taiwanese troops were many in number, but were a pain in the ass because of so many units and not even 1 group! sad_o.gif The PLA have groups, so why not the Taiwanese guys? rock.gif Hope 3.0 means more groups, looking forward to using Taiwanese MPs fighting off a large PLA offensive......... wink_o.gif

i wondered how the PLA soldiers in this mod would look like, as the guys in samren making PLA units seems to having some great improves on modeling

Yes, Samren, they did very fine job as I know, their project leader is a real PLa soldier who's call sign is "AlexP".

He is a very smart guy. smile_o.gif

So they have the resource to make more realistic texture for their MOD.

That's the weakness of my MOD, for we cann't get much more reference data like them from out side of China.

But their Original soldier models in MLOD format was provided by me.

I think I can make it as possible as I can.

In fact, I added ranking system and auto setup Chinese face system for them, not only the textures.

biggrin_o.gif

Yes, Samren, they did very fine job as I know, their project leader is a real PLa soldier who's call sign is "AlexP".

He is a very smart guy. smile_o.gif

So they have the resource to make more realistic texture for their MOD.

That's the weakness of my MOD, for we cann't get much more reference data like them from out side of China.

But their Original soldier models in MLOD format was provided by me.

I think I can make it as possible as I can.

In fact, I added ranking system and auto setup Chinese face system for them, not only the textures.

biggrin_o.gif

seems textureing problems hit both side sad_o.gif

the texture used by samren mod team (aka P.A.S.) have lower the effect of their models(guns, tanks, etc.)........

wish it wont happen to ROC smile_o.gif

OT:damn, i have already started to thinking comby of the battle between 2 side.

**both side looking in the bions looking at eatch other, shelling each other without hitting a single crap biggrin_o.gif**

Oh, I forgot to tell you why I post this news here.

Because of our web site had some script problem, so we can't post any new information in this time.

So we have to announce this info via officer forums.

That's the reason why.

I wish our programer can solve that problem soon.

So that I can release more info to everyone. biggrin_o.gif