Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Fdf mod mission reporistory - open!

It's a great pleasure to announce that an excellent FDF Mod related mission site with rating systems and mission submission options has been opened - The FDF Mod Mission Repository!

FDF Mod Mission Repository

fdfmod_missions.jpg

The site offers missions in wide categories and in different languages. So pay a visit if you want the latest missions for FDF Mod. Special thanks to Dr.Origo, Jusas and our host for their tireless efforts to make this site come true.

Hi Blake,

Great Idea!!

Im trying to add my mission "Chill 'em All" but its over 2MB and it wont upload. My e-mail also wont let me send it, is there some way i can give you a link to the mission and you can get it posted for me?

Thanks

I'm affraid you will have to squeeze your mission to under 2MB. Try reducing sound quality from music or removing some etc.

Ok thanks,

Its as small as its going to get (2.5MB) but thats ok. I am working on another little project that will be under 2MB.

Hi !

I have done some FDF MP missions. Some of them are bigger than 2MB. I will upload them to our site. Now my question. Do you accept extranal links ? That would enble me to post missions on your page.

They can´t be shaped down I´m afraid.

Anyway I will check out your site.

Now why didn't I think of that... I'll add the option to host the files yourself if they go over the limit. Good idea. Wait a day or two and you'll be able to submit your missions smile_o.gif

Thanks for bringing this out.

Commenting has been added. Feel free to give some constructive criticism to the mission makers smile_o.gif

I'll see if I can make the external mission linking today as well.

I'll notify here when it's done.

I guess you have to provide a direct link to the file, not to a php download engine...

Well than it wont work.

I upload to server via PHP tool and downloads are managed by it also.

Okay, the fact why it didn't work is that the parser wants the http:// in the beginning and .zip or .rar in the end of the URL. I guess I forgot to add that to the error message. Basically this is only that people wouldn't post any crap to the site, it's only a security matter (although we still manually accept every mission, but you can never be too careful with these things). I'm also planning to add a quick check for the uploaded files to make sure it's really an archive (wouldn't want anyone to post a harmful .exe or such).

So, it's basically just a matter of your own good ;) but I can always override it myself, so if you have no other way to distribute the file than a dynamic URL, then contact me personally (Jusas, address can be found from the info page) and I will do it for you.

Now hosting 270 missions of various types, of which ca.200 are coop missions smile_o.gif

Keep it up !

Our primary source for coops.

Hope I´ll find time to make some missions again soon.

I got a coastal defense mission lying around half finnished, whats the filesize limit,  i got to know so i don't make to big  tounge_o.gif

can i use a few other addons togheter with fdf or is it like only fdf addons missions?