Sign in to follow this  
Lucretius

Op flashpoint 9800 pro issues

A little issue I noticed.

When I´m in ironsights shots fired from the back of me (tracers) don´t follow the actual flight path but seem to be reflected off. They don´t go in straight lines but bounce of something invisible. Bullets hit the target but the tracers are not going in it the shots direction.

Anybodyelse noticed this ?

Radeon 9800 Pro.

When I´m in regular sight the effect doesn´t happen.

The chips I think are too hot and because I have case fans must be why it is reliable in mine and not my son.As I said earlier we even swapped mb's.

Can you put a fan or something else in your son's PC? What about something like this P0058506_C0000017_P0000000.jpg

Quote[/b] ]The VGA Silencer from Arctic Cooling has leading edge technology which significantly reduces both the noise level and the temperature of the graphics card. In low speed fan mode the noise level is reduced by 50% making it practically silent and the temperature is reduced by around 20 degrees C. In high speed fan mode the noise level is still less than the standard ATI graphics card whilst the temperature is reduced by around 30 degrees C allowing for some serious overclocking. Due to the lower operating temperature the service life is also extended. The VGA Silencer fits any standard ATI 9500( Pro), 9700 (Pro) and 9800 (Pro) and has won numerous awards across Europe. It is not compatible with any 9600, All in Wonder or XT variants of Radeon cards.

Id tell ya this, right now I have Ahtlon 64 and Radeon 9800 PRO, and my OFP crashes very frequently...and computer is not freezing, I just get thrown back to windows..

One of the posters above recomended to use "-nomap" switch, I gotta try that - might help me, perhaps.

sad to hear about ofp-problems with such a hyper-rig like your´s. but nomap will most likely help...

that nomap trick really should be printed onto the game box ghostface.gif

I have just purchased that cooler for Å8, Placebo  blues.gif

Does it do the business? I'm about to order an MP3 player from Ebuyer so I reckon I might add one to the list if it does a good job smile_o.gif

it will arrive in a couple of day's smile_o.gif

I will let you know how it gets on blues.gif

Haven't had any problems with my Radeon 9800Pro... The game has crashed a few times, but it was heat related... Too bad my processor can't keep up!!! smile_o.gif

What does the -nomap function do? Got me curious!

A little issue I noticed.

When I´m in ironsights shots fired from the back of me (tracers) don´t follow the actual flight path but seem to be reflected off. They don´t go in straight lines but bounce of something invisible. Bullets hit the target but the tracers are not going in it the shots direction.

Anybodyelse noticed this ?

Radeon 9800 Pro.

When I´m in regular sight the effect doesn´t happen.

After using the Raedon 9800 pro for a bit ,yes I know have these weird tracers that originate from a moving point that is not where it should be

No other problems yet that I am aware.

I really only had a fresh 1.96 install and I mostly play the sp Battlefields mission as a performance test.

And I have played with WW2EC Corsairs (OFP Corsair is so much better than BF42's,it would smoke theirs bad,and has so many more features)

I currently play Bf42 and Morrowind alot and the Raedon is working well.I tried it back at agp 8x and it did lock up after a period,so at 4x agp and fast writes off ,it doesn't lock up.

Which is still odd,because my sons and mine computer are so similiar ,yet he was getting lockups (at 4x too),using each mb he had same problem,which only leaves few possibilities:

1. The fans in my case are stopping the lockups (but he tried with side cover off too)

2. My generic pc 2700 drr is superior to his Corsair ram (? !@@#@#!)

I have 2 x 512 ,he has 1 x 512 Corsair

3. something with his power supply (he has 350 watt I think,but same rating as mine)

we tried running his ram at different speeds too

Can all those with 9800Ps try this for me?

Set the resolution to 1280*960*32. Set the LOD/Quality to max (0.005 IIRC). Turn 4xAA and 8xAF on. Viewdistance can be left at default for the map.

Load a random map, get a sniper rifle or the sights on a tank, and zoom in on a forest from a short distance away.

It should irrespective of the map/location, so long as the forest is occupying a great enough proportion of your screen, but for consistency's sake, use the single mission "Bomberman", turn left from your spawn point so that it is like this:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Do you get a major drop in FPS and lag with the mouse/keyboard inputs?

You should get a drop in FPS... At 1280x960 or 1600x1200, your fps should be ok... But enabling anti-aliasing is going to just tax the living hell out of your video card.

The forests in OFP were always like that.

I'm not just talking about a drop in FPS...try it and see - there's a lot of latency between control inputs and reaction onscreen.  

AA is not the taxing part in this test - ATi's MSAA doesn't filter sprites, so AA isn't causing the problem. In addition, it is still noticeable with AA and AF off, and under those circumstances, the card really shouldn't be hitting fillrate limitations.

I recently got a HIS 9800 Pro. It works fine with LOMAC, but since I installed this card and 1.96 OFPR hanks, CTD and even reboots the pc.

How do I add the -nomap string, here's how the shortcut looks at the mo, but I'm not sure I've done it right?

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nomap

Thanks

Well I'll be a.....I fixed my crashing issue by lowering my FSB back to the stock 133 mhz from 146. Even though lomac and everything else ran fine, OFPR pushed the system to the max. So now I'm running OFPR 1.96 with my 9800 pro and there's no problems at all.

I fixed my crashing issue by lowering my FSB back to the stock 133 mhz from 146. Even though lomac and everything else ran fine, OFPR pushed the system to the max. So now I'm running OFPR 1.96 with my 9800 pro and there's no problems at all.

i had the same problems, also only ofp was able to crah my system while pcmark, 3dmark and other games didn´t affect the haet @cpu at all.  but solved it with arctic silver 3, fsb now stable @200  smile_o.gif

and, yes, you put the -nomap right.