Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

Quote[/b] ]

Then perhaps you should have a look at how many jobs the private sector created under different presidents:

Does not mean that they (presidents) created them? No... Various factors influences job creation by the private sector. Some outweight others. They (president) helped maybe but they do not have the power of telling them to hire people.

Quote[/b] ]Then perhaps you should have a look at how many jobs <span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>the private sector created</span> under different presidents:

Does not mean that they (presidents) created them?

Ya don't say, Einstein.  crazy_o.gif

Hi all

Proof that George Bush Junior is a cowardly yellow rat has continued to emerge

Quote[/b] ]Democrats accuse Bush of lying about his Air National Guard service

WASHINGTON (AP) — Democrats pounced on the latest revelations about President Bush's Air National Guard service Wednesday, saying newly released records show Bush shirked his duty and lied about it.

Bush's spokesmen said the records back up the president's assertion that he fulfilled all of his Vietnam-era military obligations and served honorably.

Meanwhile, the Texas Air National Guard released 128 pages of records on Bush's service from 1968 to 1973, all of which had been previously released by the White House. Two Texas officials said in sworn affidavits that the records were all the Texas Guard had on Bush's service.

CBS reported Wednesday night that it had obtained personal files from one of Bush's Texas commanders saying Bush discussed with him how to avoid drills during 1972. The report on "60 Minutes" said the files were from the personal records of Col. Jerry Killian, who died in 1984.

In the memos, Killian complained of pressure from higher-ups to give Bush positive evaluations and said Bush talked about how to avoid taking a physical exam in 1972, when Bush eventually skipped six months of training and lost his pilot's wings for missing the exam. My use of bold Walker

http://www.usatoday.com/news....e_x.htm

This and other evidense clearly shows that George Bush junior is not fit for command.

Kind Regards Walker

Quote[/b] ]This and other evidense clearly shows that George Bush junior is not fit for command.

35 years ago.... Bush has completely changed from that time. I guess Clinton, one of your favorite presidents, was not fit for command... wink_o.gif How do you feel about Kerry's trip(s) to Paris in 1970? What did he say to the Vietcong delegation and North Vietnam delegation? How can a navy guy talk to a leader of a delegation that were killing fellow americans? He should of left it to the politicans. I think that is one of the major reason that some vietnam vets do not like him.

Bush has completely changed from that time.

Sure.  Who needs cocaine when you can simply escape into the pages of The Pet Goat?

Quote[/b] ]How do you feel about Kerry's trip(s) to Paris in 1970?

Reference please?

Quote[/b] ]What did he say to the Vietcong delegation and North Vietnam delegation?

Perhaps if you posted a reference then we'd all come closer to knowing the answer.

Quote[/b] ]How can a navy guy talk to a leader of a delegation that were killing fellow americans?

For the sake of your nation, you better get over your fear of dialogue with the enemy, Billybob.    ghostface.gif

Quote[/b] ]This and other evidense clearly shows that George Bush junior is not fit for command.

35 years ago.... Bush has completely changed from that time. I guess Clinton, one of your favorite presidents, was not fit for command... wink_o.gif How do you feel about Kerry's trip(s) to Paris in 1970? What did he say to the Vietcong delegation and North Vietnam delegation? How can a navy guy talk to a leader of a delegation that were killing fellow americans? He should of left it to the politicans. I think that is one of the major reason that some vietnam vets do not like him.

Here's another reason:

Quote[/b] ]AFFIDAVIT OF STEVEN J. PITKIN

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF PALM BEACH

Before me, the undersigned authority, personally appeared Steven J. Pitkin, known, to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to this instrument, who, after first being duly sworn by me, upon oath stated:

1. My name is Steven J. Pitkin. I am over the age of twenty-one years, and I am fully competent and able to make this affidavit. I am able to swear, as I do hereby swear, that all facts and statements contained in this affidavit are true and correct and within my personal knowledge.

2. I am a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, having served with the Ninth Division of the U.S. Army beginning 25 May 1969. A mortar explosion wounded me, my wounds gradually became infected, and I was treated in an Army hospital in Okinawa. I contracted hepatitis C from blood transfusions I received during that time. I was honorably discharged from the Army on 28 August 1969***.

3. Medals received for my Army service include: Combat Infantry Badge, Army Commendation Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, RVN Cross of Gallantry, Air Medal, Purple Heart.

4. During my service in Vietnam, I neither witnessed nor participated in any American war crimes or atrocities against civilians, nor was I ever aware of any such actions. I did witness the results of Vietcong atrocities against Vietnamese civilians, including the murder of tribal leaders.

5. Upon my return to the United States I encountered anti-war protestors who, at various times, threw feces, spit, and screamed obscenities.

6. I met Scott Camil, an organizer of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), at Catonsville Community College in Baltimore in 1970, and joined that organization.

7. In January of 1971, I rode in a van with Scott Camil, John Kerry, a national leader of the VVAW, and others from Washington D.C. to Detroit to attend the Winter Soldier Investigation, a conference intended to publicize alleged American war crimes in Vietnam. Having no knowledge of such war crimes, I did not intend to speak at the event.

8. During the Winter Soldier Investigation, John Kerry and other leaders of that event pressured me to testify about American war crimes, despite my repeated statements that I could not honestly do so. One event leader strongly implied that I would not be provided transportation back to my home in Baltimore, Maryland, if I failed to comply. Kerry and other leaders of the event instructed me to publicly state that I had witnessed incidents of rape, brutality, atrocities and racism, knowing that such statements would necessarily be untrue.

9. In April 1971, I attended a VVAW protest in Washington D.C. known as “Dewey Canyon III.†During this event I was present when protestors, including John Kerry, threw medals and ribbons over a fence outside the U.S. Capitol. I witnessed a man holding a bag of ribbons and medals and handing them out to other protestors. I saw that many of the ribbons and medals were not those that would be received by veterans of combat in Vietnam.

10. During the “Dewey Canyon III†protest, others and I confronted protestors who were wearing or carrying Vietcong flags.

11. After the “Dewey Canyon III†protest, I was no longer invited to meetings of the VVAW in Baltimore, and ended my association with the organization.

12. I joined the 5/20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland National Guard in 1974, was graduated from paratrooper “jump school†with honors in 1976, joined the Coast Guard in 1978 and served there until my retirement in May 1997.

(signed) Steven J. Pitkin

Further affiant saith not.

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 31st day of August, 2004.

Jonathan Feldman

Commission # DD235268

My commission expires July 28, 2007

-----

*** this is incorrect -- Steve Pitkin was honorably discharged from the U.S. Army on 9 September 1970. 28 August 1969 is the date he left Vietnam. Mr. Pitkin is preparing an updated affidavit that corrects this error.

Last Updated Wednesday, September 08 2004 @ 12:06 PM PDT

My choice is between someone who wiggled himself out of national guard duty and someone who lied when he accused his "felow" soldiers of attrocities and abetted the enemy.

I'll stick with Bush.

The entire Steve Plitkin story can be found here: Yesterday's Lies: Steve Pitkin and the Winter Soldiers

Quote[/b] ]Reference please?

http://www.boston.com/news....vietnam

^^^

I guess they are cool now because of their Bush NG story...

Quote[/b] ]For the sake of your nation, you better get over your fear of dialogue with the enemy, Billybob.  

I want to say it.... tounge_o.gif

Good Night, everbody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Damn you, Walker....stop bringing up Vietnam... crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Here's another reason:

Quote[/b] ]AFFIDAVIT OF STEVEN J. PITKIN

STATE OF FLORIDA

COUNTY OF PALM BEACH

Before me, the undersigned authority, personally appeared Steven J. Pitkin, known, to me to be the person whose name is subscribed to this instrument, who, after first being duly sworn by me, upon oath stated:

1. My name is Steven J. Pitkin. I am over the age of twenty-one years, and I am fully competent and able to make this affidavit. I am able to swear, as I do hereby swear, that all facts and statements contained in this affidavit are true and correct and within my personal knowledge.

2. I am a combat veteran of the Vietnam War, having served with the Ninth Division of the U.S. Army beginning 25 May 1969. A mortar explosion wounded me, my wounds gradually became infected, and I was treated in an Army hospital in Okinawa. I contracted hepatitis C from blood transfusions I received during that time. I was honorably discharged from the Army on 28 August 1969***.

3. Medals received for my Army service include: Combat Infantry Badge, Army Commendation Medal, National Defense Service Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, RVN Cross of Gallantry, Air Medal, Purple Heart.

4. During my service in Vietnam, I neither witnessed nor participated in any American war crimes or atrocities against civilians, nor was I ever aware of any such actions. I did witness the results of Vietcong atrocities against Vietnamese civilians, including the murder of tribal leaders.

5. Upon my return to the United States I encountered anti-war protestors who, at various times, threw feces, spit, and screamed obscenities.

6. I met Scott Camil, an organizer of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW), at Catonsville Community College in Baltimore in 1970, and joined that organization.

7. In January of 1971, I rode in a van with Scott Camil, John Kerry, a national leader of the VVAW, and others from Washington D.C. to Detroit to attend the Winter Soldier Investigation, a conference intended to publicize alleged American war crimes in Vietnam. Having no knowledge of such war crimes, I did not intend to speak at the event.

8. During the Winter Soldier Investigation, John Kerry and other leaders of that event pressured me to testify about American war crimes, despite my repeated statements that I could not honestly do so. One event leader strongly implied that I would not be provided transportation back to my home in Baltimore, Maryland, if I failed to comply. Kerry and other leaders of the event instructed me to publicly state that I had witnessed incidents of rape, brutality, atrocities and racism, knowing that such statements would necessarily be untrue.

9. In April 1971, I attended a VVAW protest in Washington D.C. known as “Dewey Canyon III.†During this event I was present when protestors, including John Kerry, threw medals and ribbons over a fence outside the U.S. Capitol. I witnessed a man holding a bag of ribbons and medals and handing them out to other protestors. I saw that many of the ribbons and medals were not those that would be received by veterans of combat in Vietnam.

10. During the “Dewey Canyon III†protest, others and I confronted protestors who were wearing or carrying Vietcong flags.

11. After the “Dewey Canyon III†protest, I was no longer invited to meetings of the VVAW in Baltimore, and ended my association with the organization.

12. I joined the 5/20th Special Forces Group of the Maryland National Guard in 1974, was graduated from paratrooper “jump school†with honors in 1976, joined the Coast Guard in 1978 and served there until my retirement in May 1997.

(signed) Steven J. Pitkin

Further affiant saith not.

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 31st day of August, 2004.

Jonathan Feldman

Commission # DD235268

My commission expires July 28, 2007

-----

*** this is incorrect -- Steve Pitkin was honorably discharged from the U.S. Army on 9 September 1970. 28 August 1969 is the date he left Vietnam. Mr. Pitkin is preparing an updated affidavit that corrects this error.

Last Updated Wednesday, September 08 2004 @ 12:06 PM PDT

My choice is between someone who wiggled himself out of national guard duty and someone who lied when he accused his "felow" soldiers of attrocities and abetted the enemy.

I'll stick with Bush.

The entire Steve Plitkin story can be found here: Yesterday's Lies: Steve Pitkin and the Winter Soldiers

Avon, are you seriously insisting that atrocities were not committed during the Vietnam War?

If so, I know a lot of veterans including my father who could accurately testify otherwise. Shit, I could show you pictures of war crimes committed by both sides.

Please tell me you don't really believe this crap.

Avon, are you seriously insisting that atrocities were not committed during the Vietnam War?

No. I'm seriously insisting that Mr. Pitkin claims that Kerry & Co. gave false testimony.

Quote[/b] ]Please tell me you don't really believe this crap.

What are you referring to? If to whether there were or were not atrocities, I've clarified my opinion to you.

If you're referring to Mr. Pitkin's swon affidavit, on what basis do you make such a claim?

No. I'm seriously insisting that Mr. Pitkin claims that Kerry & Co. gave false testimony.

No Avon, that is not what you've said at all.  crazy_o.gif

You specifically referred to Kerry as someone "who lied when he accused his 'felow' soldiers of attrocities and abetted the enemy."  You did not refer to him as someone who was accused of lying.

And what is your basis for accusing Kerry of abetting (ie. urging, encouraging, helping) the enemy?  If this is, again, just you accusing Kerry of being accused of something then what's the basis of this abetting accusation?

No Avon, that is not what you've said at all.  crazy_o.gif

You specifically referred to Kerry as someone "who lied when he accused his 'felow' soldiers of attrocities and abetted the enemy."  You did not refer to him as someone who was accused of lying.

Similarly, I did not say that everyone who accused soldiers of attrocities was a liar.

I hope that's narrowed down enough for you now.

Quote[/b] ]And what is your basis for accusing Kerry of abetting (ie. urging, encouraging, helping) the enemy? If this is, again, just you accusing Kerry of being accused of something then what's the basis of this abetting accusation?

From the same site, WinterSoldier.com:

Quote[/b] ]On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes that they had participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam, including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.

In April, the VVAW stormed Washington in a week-long protest. At the height of it, spokesman John Kerry went before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations to accuse the United States military of committing massive numbers of war crimes in Vietnam. The appearance launched Kerry's political career. The charges he made shocked and sickened a nation, changed the course of a war and stained the reputation of the American military for decades.

But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam. War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out to be, in the words of historian Guenter Lewy, "packed with pretenders and liars."

Massachusetts elected John Kerry to the U.S. Senate in 1984. Now he seeks the most powerful job in the world.

Tsk. Tsk.

Yes, and indeed it serves me right for thinking that you might have needed a less trivial excuse for sticking with Bush.

Quote[/b] ]And what is your basis for accusing Kerry of abetting (ie. urging, encouraging, helping) the enemy?  If this is, again, just you accusing Kerry of being accused of something then what's the basis of this abetting accusation?

From the same site, WinterSoldier.com:

Quote[/b] ]On January 31, 1971, members of Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) met in a Detroit hotel to document war crimes that they had participated in or witnessed during their combat tours in Vietnam. During the next three days, more than 100 Vietnam veterans and 16 civilians gave anguished, emotional testimony describing hundreds of atrocities against innocent civilians in South Vietnam, including rape, arson, torture, murder, and the shelling or napalming of entire villages. The witnesses stated that these acts were being committed casually and routinely, under orders, as a matter of policy.

In April, the VVAW stormed Washington in a week-long protest. At the height of it, spokesman John Kerry went before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations to accuse the United States military of committing massive numbers of war crimes in Vietnam. The appearance launched Kerry's political career. The charges he made shocked and sickened a nation, changed the course of a war and stained the reputation of the American military for decades.

But the mass murder of civilians was never American policy in Vietnam. War crimes were the exception, not the rule. And the Winter Soldier tribunal itself -- which John Kerry had helped moderate -- turned out to be, in the words of historian Guenter Lewy, "packed with pretenders and liars."

Massachusetts elected John Kerry to the U.S. Senate in 1984. Now he seeks the most powerful job in the world.

Tsk. Tsk.

I don't see how he abetted the other side unless you are equating criticism of the US military to urging, encouraging or helping the enemy.  But no, even you cannot be that fascist.

Yes, and indeed it serves me right for thinking that you might have needed a less trivial excuse for sticking with Bush.

This is not my excuse for sticking with Bush.

It's a reply to Walker's "trivial" post about Bush's cushy lifestyle in the National Guard, which I personally find far more trivial.

Quote[/b] ]I don't see how he abetted the other side unless you are equating criticism of the US military to urging, encouraging or helping the enemy. But no, even you cannot be that fascist.

They have eyes but they do not see. - Psalm 135

Hi all

George Bush Junior disobeyed a direct order from a superior officer.

Quote[/b] ]Records Say Bush Balked at Order

National Guard Commander Suspended Him From Flying, Papers Show

By Michael Dobbs and Thomas B. Edsall

Washington Post Staff Writers

Thursday, September 9, 2004; Page A01

President Bush failed to carry out a direct order from his superior in the Texas Air National Guard in May 1972 to undertake a medical examination that was necessary for him to remain a qualified pilot, according to documents made public yesterday.

Documents obtained by the CBS News program "60 Minutes" shed new light on one of the most controversial episodes in Bush's military service, when he abruptly stopped flying and moved from Texas to Alabama to work on a political campaign. The documents include a memo from Bush's squadron commander, Lt. Col. Jerry B. Killian, ordering Bush "to be suspended from flight status for failure to perform" to U.S. Air Force and National Guard standards and failure to take his annual physical "as ordered."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A6693-2004Sep8.html

If he had been in the field in vietnam like many of his young contemporaries who did not have his rich family connections he would have been court martialed.

The plane fact is George Bush Junior is a cowardly yellow rat who dodged the vietnam war through his family connections and got himself a spot in a champaign squadron.

Kind Regards Walker

35 years ago.... Bush has completely changed from that time.

So Bush is a differnet person? You come to this conclusion after having a conversation with him over a few beers? How the hell do you know if he has changed or not? You weren't there then, and you ain't there now.

And what makes you say Kerry is the same person with such conviction? Do you even hear the double-speak hypocrisy that is coming our of your mouth (or fingers in this case).

I'll stick with Bush.

You sure are quick to accept this as gospel truth, but equally quick to dismiss sworn testimony of various Bush activities, including technically deserting the NG, and lying to go to war in Iraq, and completely ignoring Al Queda threat information.

Trying to have it both ways eh? rock.gif

35 years ago.... Bush has completely changed from that time.

So Bush is a differnet person? You come to this conclusion after having a conversation with him over a few beers? How the hell do you know if he has changed or not? You weren't there then, and you ain't there now.

And what makes you say Kerry is the same person with such conviction? Do you even hear the double-speak hypocrisy that is coming our of your mouth (or fingers in this case).

Of course he's a changed man Akira, he went from the AWOL C- average Yale Cheerleading alcoholic spoiled rich kid to the Born again babeling Christian dumbass who couldn't manage a carwash let alone a large country w/ a population of over 300 million

funny things is as people say that Bush has changed, tehy can't accept the fact that Kerry could also have changed.

funny things is as people say that Bush has changed, tehy can't accept the fact that Kerry could also have changed.

Ralph,

I don't like either of them but Kerry is a coward. Nothing can change that. If he has been coward for all his mature life he would not change prior to elections.

Hi All

Documents now show the cowardly yellow rat George Bush Junior tried to con his way out of serving the Nation and that that con included THE INTENT TO DESERT.

Quote[/b] ]On the morning of Saturday, May 20th, 1972, the members of the 147 Fighter Interceptor Group at Ellington Air Force Base in Houston, Texas assembled for the first day of one of their mandatory monthly training weekends.  George W. Bush didn’t show up.  Nor did he show up the next day, May 21st.

Three days later Bush signed a document signaling his intent to completely abandon the Texas Air National Guard, and instead join the Air Force Reserves as a member of the 9921st Air Reserve Squadron in Alabama.  But the 9921st was not an ordinary Air Force Reserves unit.  It was, in fact, a special kind of “unit†whose members were not required to do any training whatsoever.

When George Bush joined the Texas Air National Guard and was enrolled in pilot training, he promised to train, and serve, as an F-102 pilot until May 26, 1974.  Bush became a fully qualified F-102 pilot on June 20th, 1970, and after serving less than half the time he had promised to serve as a fully trained pilot, George W. Bush was looking for a way out.

Bush wasn’t eligible to join the 9921st, of course.  The law did not allow him to join a non-training unit.  And Bush obviously knew this.  But he tried to scam his way into the 9921st anyway.  

The following article is based on the documents concerning this “transfer request†as analyzed from the perspective of the then-current Statutory laws, Department of Defense Regulations, and United States Air Force policies and procedures governing transfers between its reserve components[1].  This analysis explodes a number of myths, among them:

MYTH: Bush was requesting a temporary training assignment when he submitted his “Request for Reassignment†to the 9921st Air Reserve Squadron.

FACT:  The purpose of the document submitted was a complete reassignment, involving cutting all ties to, and eliminating all commitments to the Texas Air National Guard.

MYTH: Bush was approved for transfer to the 9921st Air Reserve Squadron, and he didn’t have to train with his Texas unit until that transfer was overturned by the Air Reserve Personnel Center (ARPC).

FACT: No orders reassigning Bush to the 9921st ARS were ever issued, and absent such orders for Bush no transfer had ever taken place.  Until Bush received those orders, he remained assigned to the Texas Air National Guard, and maintained his training requirement.

MYTH:  Bush did not know he was not eligible for a transfer to the 9921st ARS.  (This, of course, is more than just a myth.  It is Bush’s “official†position, as expressed by his spokesman during the 2000 presidential election campaign[2]).

FACT:  The documents themselves prove that Bush was fully aware that, as a member of the 9921st ARS, he would be unable to fulfill the requirements established for him under United States Law, and Air Force policy.  

What George W. Bush was attempting to do was run a scam.  He was trying to find a way to “legally desert†his post, by gaming the system under which transfers to Air Reserve Squadrons were processed.  In the meantime, while waiting for his scam to come to fruition, Bush blew off months of training that he was required to do under the law, and didn’t even bother getting the medical examination required of all pilots, whether they had planes to fly or not.

As we now know, Bush never got the orders that would allow him to forget about fulfilling his obligations to the United States Armed Forces.  His little transfer scam didn’t work, and he should have been showing up for training, and maintaining his qualifications as a pilot, throughout the Spring and Summer of 1972.  

There is a law concerning a member of the United States Armed Forces who :â€quits his post or proper duties without leave and with intent to remain away therefrom permanently†  That law is 10 USC 885 of the United States Code, also known as Article 85 of The Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Article 85 is one of the “punitive articles†of the UCMJ.

And Article 85 has a name.   It is “Desertion.†my use of bold walker

http://www.glcq.com/trans.htm

There is also evidence that the cowardly yellow rat George Bush Junior altered his designated aircraft from the F102 to F-89 or F-94 both of which had been retired from active flying and that he did this on two seperate forms. His intent was clearly to remove himself from any kind of defense role in the the US national guard. That he did all this despite the US spending millions on his training is clearly a con too far.

Quote[/b] ]A further anomaly occurs in the section of the transfer request form reserved for Bush’s Air Force Specialty Code (AFSC). Bush’s actual AFSC was 1125D, designing an F-102 pilot. But on this application for a transfer, Bush entered 1125B, the designation for those who piloted either the F-89 or F-94. By 1972, both of these planes had been retired from service in all components of the Air Force, including the Guard and Reserves[
http://www.glcq.com/trans.htm#counsel

As his Form AFM 35-3 http://www.glcq.com/regs/counsel_statement.gif shows it was the duty of the cowardly yellow rat George Bush Junior to ensure he maintained his status as a member of the US National Guard Ready Reserve yet all the Documentation shows he did not.

Perhaps more importantly, Bush had “deserted his post†in the sense that his job was to maintain his readiness as an F-102 pilot as part of the nations defense, his post was to be ready to defend the nation as a trained pilot, costing millions of dollars but once he “cleared the base†on May 15, 1972, and never again trained as a pilot. He clearly did not fullfill his obligation.

Kind Regards Walker

Ralph,

I don't like either of them but Kerry is a coward. Nothing can change that. If he has been coward for all his mature life he would not change prior to elections.

don't know what you mean by coward. going to National Guard to avoid going to Vietnam?

Bush has been a dunce for his mature life. that won't change either.