Sign in to follow this  
OmniMax

Sound channels

Sometimes, my sound disapears when there are too many channels or objects creating a sound.

This happens especially during the first Unified Artillery mission. I've looked and looked and can't find the option to increase # of channels.

Any idea?

Generic Sound Blaster Live!

Uh... 5.1 maybe.

Nothing special.

I say get a faster computer with bigger memory card, faster pro, and XP  wink_o.gif

I say get any cheap replacement for an SB Live.

I get the same problem. I have been away from OFP for about 4 months. Never use to lose sound. Now it does it often. I also get the occasional BSOD, which is odd. OFP is the only game seems to do it. All my probs have been with the 1.95BETA. Have not run the 1.93 since I re-kindled OFP.

I may be in game, can hear all sounds...then all of a sudden I lose chopper sound or the choppers makae woooshing sound (see waves)

Another thing maybe the addons I have added many including ECP etc. But I have not run the ECP mod execuatble i.e with ECP switch. Does adding addon effect sound?

I have SB live AMD 2100+ 512 MB RAM...XP GEFORCETi

I get the same problem. I have been away from OFP for about 4 months. Never use to lose sound. Now it does it often. I also get the occasional BSOD, which is odd. OFP is the only game seems to do it. All my probs have been with the 1.95BETA. Have not run the 1.93 since I re-kindled OFP.

I may be in game, can hear all sounds...then all of a sudden I lose chopper sound or the choppers makae woooshing sound (see waves)

Another thing maybe the addons I have added many including ECP etc. But I have not run the ECP mod execuatble i.e with ECP switch. Does adding addon effect sound?

I have SB live AMD 2100+ 512 MB RAM...XP GEFORCETi

sorry about the double-up and my poor spelling. English is my first language. I was rushing .....please replace see waves with sea waves...once again sorry crazy_o.gif

Any one of you with the problem willing to try any other card than an SB Live to see if it resolves your problem?

Even try borrowing another audio card from a friend just to check.

I don't have one at hand to do a swap. The only thing I find strange is that using my previous 1.93C exe four months ago all was fine. But I must also say that in the interim I have updated the drivers for SB Live also.

Like you said tho Avon, perhaps better to test with another card. But I just can't see why it worked fine before.

Thanks for the reply.

I have the same problem using onboard sound (CMI8738). I can fix this temporarily by moving the ingame effect volume slider all the way to the left or right and back to original position.