Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

India buys russian aircraft carrier

Well for Pakistans it would be better to buy new subs, so they could protect them.

And EDC they are plannint to upgrade Carrier.

This pic shows 2 versions of Carrier (firs was used)

Gorshkov6.jpg

Second and Third is how it will be upgraded

Gorshkov4.jpg

If India and Pakistan go to war without nukes who would "win"?

This may answer your question:

"On the 3rd of December 1971, the Pakistani Air Force (PAF) struck a number of Indian airfields in northern India. By midnight, India was officially at war with Pakistan. Two weeks later, the war was over. The Indian Army had overrun erstwhile East Pakistan (Bangladesh) and taken 93,000 POWs. It was one of the swiftest military campaigns in recent history.

Indo-Pakistani relations deteriorated when civil war erupted in Pakistan, pitting the West Pakistan army against East Pakistanis demanding greater autonomy. The fighting forced 10 million East Pakistani Bengalis to flee to India. When Pakistan attacked Indian airfields in Kashmir, India attacked both East and West Pakistan. It occupied the eastern half, which declared its independence as Bangladesh, on Dec. 6, 1971. Under great-power pressure, a UN cease-fire was arranged in mid-December, after Pakistan's defeat. Pakistan lost its eastern half, an army of 100,000 soldiers, and was thrown into political turmoil. "

I doubt things have changed drastically since then. As Pakistan armed with more modern weaponry, so has India, and at a greater rate. India also outnumbers Pakistan by a great deal.

It's just going to continue going downhill for Pakistan in the future.

It's by all means not weird that Russia sells all this millitary material to India ,no'r was it weird for the U.K to sell an aircraft carrier to India.

Many country's are scared of the growing power of China ,and India is the perfect counterweight for China.India is rich ,not only in funds but also in manpower ,and is developing as fast as China is.India and China probably will be the top superpowers in 50 years.Since India is a democracy ,it gets much more support from the western world.For Russia that has a long and largly undefendable border with China in East Asia India is crucial as detterent for an Chinese invasion in North-east Azia.

I find it odd that America is only slowly realizing that India = democracy = good and China = oligarchy = bad.

Well America kinda has it hard to choose a side there.Pakistan is a vital partner for the U.S on the war against terrorism ,yet India wouldn't really like it if the U.S would strenthen their relations with Pakistan ,and Pakistan wouldn't like it neither if the U.S would strenthen ther relation with India by for ex. sales of millitary material.

But in the end i think the U.S understands how vital a partner India will eventually become.Not only diplomaticly ,but also economicly.

Why doesn't India build a carrier themselfs with some US compagnies (they got enough resources) wink_o.gif

Why doesn't India build a carrier themselfs with some US compagnies (they got enough resources)  wink_o.gif

Cheaper to buy used.

Besides ,if the buy one they get the technoligy included with it.Sure the ship is decades ol but it's weapon system's are probably a number of times updated.

If India and Pakistan go to war without nukes who would "win"?

This may answer your question:

"On the 3rd of December 1971, the Pakistani Air Force (PAF) struck a number of Indian airfields in northern India. By midnight, India was officially at war with Pakistan. Two weeks later, the war was over. The Indian Army had overrun erstwhile East Pakistan (Bangladesh) and taken 93,000 POWs. It was one of the swiftest military campaigns in recent history.

Indo-Pakistani relations deteriorated when civil war erupted in Pakistan, pitting the West Pakistan army against East Pakistanis demanding greater autonomy. The fighting forced 10 million East Pakistani Bengalis to flee to India. When Pakistan attacked Indian airfields in Kashmir, India attacked both East and West Pakistan. It occupied the eastern half, which declared its independence as Bangladesh, on Dec. 6, 1971. Under great-power pressure, a UN cease-fire was arranged in mid-December, after Pakistan's defeat. Pakistan lost its eastern half, an army of 100,000 soldiers, and was thrown into political turmoil. "

I doubt things have changed drastically since then. As Pakistan armed with more modern weaponry, so has India, and at a greater rate. India also outnumbers Pakistan by a great deal.

It's just going to continue going downhill for Pakistan in the future.

Do you even know what the war was about dude? rock.gif

Pakistan at that time was a country with two differnet parts separated by India , do you know how difficult it is to win a war like that? Especially when the local populace is pissed at you for not allowing them a fair share in the countrys politics.

The bengalis had won the elections there populace was much greater then that of the whole of West Pakistan but the native westerners didnt wanted bengalis taking over their govt it was a war born out of stupidity of the corrupt politicians of that time. Thats why the PA surrendered (though i dont agree with action of theirs) but fighting a army 10x your size away from your main home base in a country fileld with people who want you out of there it wouldnt have been a battle anyway would have been a massacre of 93,000 soldiers crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I doubt things have changed drastically since then. As Pakistan armed with more modern weaponry, so has India, and at a greater rate. India also outnumbers Pakistan by a great deal.

Actually things have changed quite a lot ... because of NUKES , no one want to piss the other if they go to war and one starts losing they will USE NUKES in other words it would be for the better if they dont go to war at all.

Btw read up on the 65 war f you can that will tell you about the PA and PAF's feat when they controleld a sizeable part of India which was only given back afetr the Taskent accord i think by Ayub Khan.

The worlds biggest Tank battle after ww2 happened near sialkot border with India too where Indian forces were thwarted pretty bad even though they had attacked without any warning , and according to indian generals at that time they were so confident of a victory that one General said that tonight i would be drinking beer inside Lahore tounge_o.gif , too bad he was probably mourning the loss of his toasted tanks.

If a conventional war was to take place then PA would hold up very well against the IA imo due to their qualified army personall and better equipment at the moment and the ability to use them strategically.

Remember Kargil? That was only a bunch of peeps on a mountain they had driven the IA nuts biggrin_o.gif , if a battle broke out i think Kashmir could be lost by India they are only able to hold it because of their numbers and not by their true battle strength.

IIRC, the Indians lost that first tank battle, but came back and whomped the Pakistanis in the next two battles. I remember seeing pics of dozens of Pakistanti M-48 tanks knocked out or captured.

There was a really good history site somewhere with lots of great pics. It might have been an Indian site, though, and therefore biased. I'll check on it.

As for the Kargil War, I think the Indians only committed five infantry battalions to the whole operation. In a guerilla kind of war, that's normal. You have to flood an area to find a handful of people.