Sign in to follow this  
Rune

Has this bug been fixed yet?

I was wondering if any of the patches since v1.46 have solved the bug where player controlled AIs will not dismount a vehicle unless the vehicle is local to the AIs leader(player) or without a driver.

I can't seem to find anything about that bug...And I dont have Resistance - yet.

I know and I will, but that's not what I'm asking.

If/when I do get Resistance, will the bug be gone?

Search, I think there is a thread saying this bug still exists, but just look it up first.

It has been brought to my attention that this bug is actually not solved.

I am therefore re-opening this and moving it to Multiplayer, as it seems to affect MP mostly.

I must say I have either not encountered it, or dismissed it as a temporary glitch.

Thanks for the heads up smile_o.gif

Thanks for the re-opening. I'll add some meat to the bug description:

Bug: (MP) Inability to disembark player-controlled AI:s from vehicles not local to that players machine

Examples:

Imagine a player having an AI squad and that they are all loaded into the cargo space of a vehicle. Here are a couple of scenarios:

<ul>[*] A heli driven by another human lands to drop them off. Result: player cannot order his AI:s do disembark. The Mount (4) menu is empty

[*] An AI-driven truck transports the player and his squad somewhere. Again, when stopped, the player cannot order them out in any way.

Some "solutions":<ul>[*] If the player driving the transport vehicle gets out first, one can disembark the AI squaddies. A complete PITA if the mission requires a helo pilot to shuttle troops around.

[*] You can Action - Eject (6) your squad either on a safe height or just before the truck (for example) comes to a halt. Often leads to ejection injuries.

It seems that this bug has been with us for a while, which is unfortunate.

Reading comprehension help for those about to reply

Clever remarks about using UNLOAD TRANSPORT waypoints and <unit> Action ["EJECT", <vehicle>] solutions are misplaced and beside the point.

I guess this bug was less widely known than I thought.

It has been a great annoyance to me playing coops in v1.46 making it very hard to play games with more than one player controlled group. Or the even worse case of insertion by vehicle driven by server side AI - since you can't tell the driver to disembark all you can do is shoot him in order to unload your group. This in turn might cause all sorts of messed up stuff, like having no extraction coming for you.

Thanks Killswitch - good suggestions...it took me a while to figure out something similar the first time around. Still, no simple fix in missions like TOW EP5, having to shoot your own guys to make the plot advance just ruins the feel of it sad_o.gif.

Oh and bn880 - I always look things up first. I remember a previous thread too, but I did not manage to find it again...Even though the obvious word 'disembark' seems to have slipped my mind at the time...lol

Ok thanks HitmanFF, summing up(and adding to) both threads:

The Bug

A bug is known to exist in versions 1.00 through 1.94(at least).

In multiplayer it affects AI team members under a players command.

It causes them to ignore disembark commands under some circumstances(when the driver of the vehicle is not local to the player).

Suggestions for Players

If the driver gets out of the vehicle, the AI team members will disembark as they are supposed to.

You can Action - Eject (6) your squad either on a safe height(helicopters) or just before coming to a halt(ground vehicles). Often leads to ejection injuries.

If the driver of the vehicle is not under your command and is waiting for your men to get out, you could kill the driver of the vehicle or your own men(AI only) to make the plot advance(that could cause the mission not to continue/finish correctly).

You could disable the playable AI in the mission.

Suggestions for Mission Makers

Be careful when using insertions by vehicle in multiplayer missions.

If you use a vehicle with server-side AI as driver make sure you 'eject' any unit that needs to be unloaded and is in a player group.

When testing make sure you test in a way that will find this problem - always test with either a dedicated server or from a client with play-and-serve style server(bug will not be seen from the play-and-serve server iself).

Anything else?

finally, we have people talking about this subject.. yep i was the one who posted the original thread about this quite recently.. it is a real pain when doing missions with APCs... arghh.... i wonder why BIS ain't fixing this... isn't it a serious problem?  i really don't think it's too hardcoded into the engine...  ghostface.gif