Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

Griffon video

We are getting close to done on the Griffon. We still need to finish the animations and tweak a few scripts. There has been alot of support for this addon and we hope to have a top quality unit for your use. Here's a few shots to tide you over. As well I have prepared a video to see. Download the video over at Operation Northstar. It's divx format. Excuse my piloting skills but even if you don't intend to DL the addon its worth the laugh. Thanks to Deadmeat, Select This and US Marine for their help with a few things.

grpm.jpg

grpm1.jpg

lol...machine guns usually aren't the perferred weapon when it comes to going against armor biggrin_o.gif will there be new pilot models with the griffon?

machine guns usually aren't the perferred weapon when it comes to going against armor  

It's a transport helicopter..?

I see what you mean now.

Power, what were you thinking? Taking on a shilka with a C6?

Well I killed one with it the other day, but I had to circle it at high speed while the gunner pumped 900 rounds into it. Besides it would hardly be fair 6 Griffons mowing down just infantry would it? smile_o.gif

Hmm video freezes after 5 secs. Anyone have a idea why?? Progress line still moves and i can hear the sound. Have the same problem with other ofp videos.

Hmm video freezes after 5 secs. Anyone have a idea why?? Progress line still moves and i can hear the sound. Have the same problem with other ofp videos.

I'll quess that you don't have proper codecs. So, search google with "ultimate codec pack" or something.  wink_o.gif

Thx it helped.

The chopper model looks very good. But i think you should either use BAS dust or change the one you have now. It looks very strange and unrealistic. Like smoke rings from someone smoking and they arent in a flowing "movement" but just kinda pop ups in full effect with same effect at any height when activated.

I like the sound that comes with the video. Reminds me a bit on scene seen in the movie “Apocalypse Nowâ€, where they are riding with their choppers to take a village.

will there be a B212/412 with a M134 Minigun, like the one in Matrix? that would be cool!

will there be a B212/412 with a M134 Minigun, like the one in Matrix? that would be cool!

They have no plans for it at this time, since Canada doesn't mount M134s on helos.

Will it have some features that standard BIS choppers dont have??

Looks very good want to play for a million dollars with it biggrin_o.gif

What ever happened to this helo?

It looked like it was nearly done months ago.

I was really looking forward to it.

There's a lot more to an addon than looking like it's nearly done.

There are actually quite a few things for it that still need doing, but rest assured, it's on its way.

Quote[/b] ]They have no plans for it at this time, since Canada doesn't mount M134s on helos.

Well, we mounted them on the Kiowas back in the day rather routinely. . . in fact, Powerslide and I were just down at 408 sqn, and not only did they have the M134 there, but we were shown how it could be mounted and wired into a Griffon quite easily. The hardware and the firing controls are there to mount it.