Sign in to follow this  
Lucretius

Vehicle replacement

ok updated my bin with the weapons and models from the Marine Infantry Assault pack but the cutscenes wont load it keeps saying "cannot load mission missing addons c8_magazines" Don't know why it keeps saying this. I have all the nessesary addons

well if u just do the model an skins no changes to anything else is it realy going to cause a problem?

No i mean a mod file as in what the I44 Demo has done, you create a new folder and a new exe so it doesn't disrupt the original OFP.

Yes, I think is the best way to do things, mod folders. If for some reason you screw up you don't messed the original configuration.

Anyway, how about using Inquisitors configuration, he have an open one that you can modifie, and then just add the stuff you got in the one you allready made.

@CERO.

Well a config change changes the units. Now, let's say, as I do believe from talking to Corporal Punishment, that he is going to put in a body armor system like Earl and Suchey, or just use Tacticians, you would be accused of cheating. You'd probably get banned. Now, let's say this didn't happen. As in MP with ECP, if something happens, you could randomly crash. Want me to go on?

i havn´t read the whole tread but i hope one thing...

that you make it a Mod and collects the best of all addons and make a new config file (so you can choose if you want to use the "new" stuff or the old)

as i say: its stupid to invet the wheel every time you´r going to the store...

OK, this question is pretty noobish, but how do you refer to a model? You know, you have the model= thing that you have to change? What do I need to do to refer to something in one mod folder with a config in another mod folder?

Well a config change changes the units. Now, let's say, as I do believe from talking to Corporal Punishment, that he is going to put in a body armor system like Earl and Suchey, or just use Tacticians, you would be accused of cheating. You'd probably get banned. Now, let's say this didn't happen. As in MP with ECP, if something happens, you could randomly crash. Want me to go on?

That's the reason why we are going on about mod folders.

You main configuration bin won't be changed at all and will stay where it is.

You can get kicked out of a game for any stupid little modification in any of the files.

You could have an empty Nogova without buildings, trees and so on, so you can spot any other player wherever they are. That's cheating.

You could have retextured your East soldiers on white so that you can spot them alot of a hell easyer. That would be cheating.

You could have ten times more armour than your rivals. That would be cheating.

You could be using Inquisitor's weapons, and that wouldn't be cheating, but you may still getting kicked out because of the fact that you have a modified configuration. Even if you decide to play MP using the FDF mod folder you may still get throwed out of game.

That's why you have to think about mod folders when it comes to changing you'r configuration bin.

If you know that the server is using or don't care about modified configurations, launch you'r OFP with you'r modified configuration and no problem, but if you are unsure, just launch OFP as normal.

That's how I see it.

If Corporal Punishment is going to put body armour in the configuration he will have to play with people that have the same configuration as him, because if his configuration tells his computer that he can take twice as many shots as me because I don't use the same configuration... well, figure it out biggrin_o.gif

I'm not trying to create an argument or upset people, but I think that most of player will agree with me.

Mod folders is the way to go, and multiplayer with modified configurations is not a problem as long things are done right and people comunicate propley so everybody knows that each others versions are perfectly compatible.

@CERO.

The problem with having soldiers with diffrent body armor and such is that it may cause a problem in single player maybe they are soposed to get shot with, lets say 3 bullets to make them die cuz its part of the game.. if they get hit now with all that armor they wont die and the game may not continue thats why i say leave the health and armor weapon ect values alone just change the models