Sign in to follow this  
Devil

Software Development Kit News

I can't take it anymore! The intimidation by Bohemia and Codemasters! They go to work everyday but haven't told us anything about the SDK! Come on! I have spent about an hour looking for program or any other content related to editor Operation Flashpoint and I am going insane!

All I am asking for is a little news. Oh and could you update your site at least once a month? It has been over 3 months since any updates.

Now I don't mean to whine, but my appetite for the SDK is now my hunger!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I am asking for is a little news. Oh and could you update your site at least once a month? It has been over 3 months since any updates.

<span id='postcolor'>

Are you talking about www.flashpoint1985.com site? As far as I know, last update there was Scripting reference two weeks ago.

A question answered by a question. Thats BIS to us smile.gif

Still need news on modkit.

Devil calm down.

You will spend all this time howling for info on a SDK and you might get a reply like this from BIS.

"There will be no SDK"

Then you will die of a heart attack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 1:50 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

Are you talking about www.flashpoint1985.com site? As far as I know, last update there was Scripting reference two weeks ago.

<span id='postcolor'>

What a tease! What a tease!

In an interview we did with Viktor Bocan a while back he basically said there would never be an SDK as such, just alot of help files and small tools BIS have used to prepare models and maps.

I dont think BIS will give up the SDK as long as add-ons and extras will continue to make them money, as OFP is still hot property. Fair play to them.

After 4 years + making the game I wouldnt put out the tools for free so everyone can change it. Like they say just look what you can do in the editor eg campaigns etc.

(just backup your user folder) wink.gif

Its torture from a modders point of view though :-)

A model import/export plugin for max wouldnt hurt for now...

if no SDK, I want WSS plugin/converter and PolyView or whatever they call it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Sentinel on 2:52 pm on Nov. 27, 2001

In an interview we did with Viktor Bocan a while back he basically said there would never be an SDK as such, just alot of help files and small tools BIS have used to prepare models and maps.

<span id='postcolor'>

Questions assuming we dont get an SDK:

WHY would we need help files? And if so, for what use?

WHY would we need to PREPARE models and maps? We need to MAKE them. And to do that we need an SDK!

They will release the SDK when we all start spelling Czeck correctly in our whine posts smile.gif

Cszec... no. Check! ..no.

You see? Der vill neever bee an Esz Dee Kay, my friend smile.gif

Seriously, I respect their wish to not give away the secrets of their masterpiece at such an early time. However, if they do plan on releasing a model and terrain editor, or converter, which they have implied they would, then I will be content with that, and would very much like to hear when we could expect it.

That way, at least the mod guys who already have a lot of work vested into models, can keep working knowing that it is all not in vain.

Over to you Ondrej smile.gif

Konyak.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Suma on 1:50 am on Nov. 28, 2001

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All I am asking for is a little news. Oh and could you update your site at least once a month? It has been over 3 months since any updates.

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

They avoid the subject a bit, don't they.

There are no news about SDK. We are still to busy with patches and general documentation to be able to think about releasing modelling and other tools soon.

We cannot not release any "model import/export plugin", as we do not have any.

Does this mean the 'object builder' does more than just build models? Can you load in raw vertice/point data so we can use other tools to make the models?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Jonstyle on 12:51 pm on Nov. 28, 2001

Well if YOU dont, who the #### has??

<span id='postcolor'>

Nobody. We did not use 3DStudio MAX for modelling.

They used a self-made program for it. Which most likely cost them allot of time and money to develop. Why should they just hand their hard work over for free? Mb like Unreal Tournaments level editor... put it on the game cd and charge extra.... just a thought

Good idea. The problem is that I believe its to late for that... But I would have gladly paid double expansion price if it had the tools on it. Think on all the money BIS and CM will not get now...

taken from the ofpeditingcenter Forum post by m79 , i think it's a great idea : "What if we nominate someone who is a well respected in the OFP communite , who also has contact with BIS , to submit a list of the most

asked for addons. We have a couple of people(I will nominate myself as one) put together the list from the players to give to the spokeperson and then He/She sends it into BIS. We would then have a clear channel to BIS and we would also find out what the chances are of us ever seeing the units/weapons in

an upgrade.

We could have say the 10 most popular units and 10 most popular weapons/systems made up from the submissions of the community. 1 list per player of say no more then 15-20 items.

At least this way there would be a list that would be the most popular wishes and we could see if it could go somewhere with BIS."

Exocet, that may give us some addons that we would like, but imagine if there wasn't a mission editor. We all know the freedom of it, and that is what we want in the models and terrain. Not because we imagine it could be cool, but we HAVE had it in other games. Games that have nothing like the possibilities of OFP. Getting 10 addons more will do nothing to quell the hunger of the community.

This game is about freedom, it's in the gameplay, it's in the mission editor. Not being able to have all the freedom it offers, is simply driving the creative minds among us, bonkers!

I for one would pay for these tools, and I know many would. Has BIS considered this option?

Konyak