Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Create new animations for bus?

Hi all,

I would like to create an animation for the OFP: R bus. I want to make the bus tip on its side BUT NOT explode.

Is that possible in OFPAnim?

I realise the OFP:R bus model is binarised and cannot be imported into OFPAnim, but is there an alternative to use?

Thanks in advance

Scott

I do not beleive that this can be done with an animation but, Harnu made a script long ago that forces a unit to tip on its side. It is posted somewhere in the Scripting FAQ.

Not quite a script. Just some careful positioning and a trigger.

Example flip.zip

The .sqm included is on desert island. So just extract it and it could create the folder itself if I'm not mistaken.

Harnu,

That worked a treat! Your solution was completely different from what I had in mind!!!

Great stuff.

Regards,

Scott

One thing I've noticed though, is that when the bus is not visible by the player (ie: you're nowhere near it) then it always lands upright!!!

But when you stand next to it, it falls correctly 100% of the time.

It's really weird, it's like the statement "when a tree falls in the woods, and no-one is there to see it, does it make a sound" !!!

Methinks OFP is doing some short-circuit work behind the scenes and skimping on the collision detection. Hopefully I'm talking shit though.

Yes,I've noticed various things like this from time to time. But it usually works for me

well theres an easy way to do that. At the start of the mission have the guy next to the bus during a cutscene. Then the palyer can be next to it at the start and thne U setPos him to the starting pos when the coutscene ends tounge_o.gif