Sign in to follow this  
PunkSk8

Some ideas for addons

-Minedetecter, i don

't see how it would be a good idea for ofp but i'd be good for realistic mod's like the WarGames thing.

-Avengermissles sytem, saw it on tv and thought it was pretty cool looking. Be fun to shoot down some planes in it, and it would be good for defending missions.

It would be pretty easy to implement mine detecting into a mission...Someone would just have to make a mine detector addon.

As for the Avenger, well it's been discussed before, and it can't be done. Well it could, but it would have to be configured as a tank, or it would have to be semi-static, which wouldn't really look good. OFP engine limitations dictate that you can't have a missile launcher on a wheeled vehicle unfortunately sad_o.gif

Oh ya i forgot about that limitation, o well hopefully ofp2 takes care of it.

Yes it was...It's only AT missiles which can't be fitted onto wheeled vehicles. The Mk.19 is classed as a 'gun' .

What about Chaparral it could be done.

In the works I think, by BAS/Angusheaf not a 100% sure about it though.

For a minedetector we would need invisible mines, as now you can see them clear as day. But it is a good idea smile_o.gif

Are you sure a moving missile system is impossible?

I think not.

Check out the SA-11 GadFly addon. 3 AA missiles on a movable Shilka chassis, just like the real thing.

And for static AA, Colonel Klink did one, it's on his tutorial page.

Either search for them on the board or d/l from ofp.info

Scott

Ah right, so it's the fact it's HMMVVV mounted that's the problem is it? biggrin_o.gif

Right OK, if I'm talking out of my arse I apologise wow_o.gif, but I am pretty sure this is possible - check out the Hummer with M2 at the URL below; why should a missile launcher be that much more difficult.

http://www.mphasemedia.com/extranet/flashpoint/wgl_2.00_readme.txt

PS:

Do you like zombies? Oops... I'm sorry, I shouldn't be advertising... aargh ;)

I thought the minedetector would be cool for WW2 stuff.  Instead of just running easily through a field were u can see the mines, now u would have to bring in the engineers and have them find and deactivating mines.  It would give another role for the engineer class. If i knew anything about O2 i'd make it but i'm working visitor and i still got alot to learn.