Sign in to follow this  
jaenak

Unpbo utility

Hey everyone. couple more questions for everyone seeing that you guys seem to know just about everything I don't.

Which is the most reliable pbo unpacker to date? I have DePbo but it didn't properly decode the mission.sqm file I need.

And as long as I'm asking, what the hell is a .paa file type?

Thanks again everyone!

a .paa file is an image format supporting directx texture compression + alpha channels for transparency.

b. search theavonlady.org's faq for UNPBO application, which can deal with ofp & ofp:r

I always unpbo 1.5 and never had a mission i could not unpack with it...

I third that! I think you can grab Amalfi's PBO decryptor from OFPEC, parts of the site are operational.

And the results are in! It worked beautifully! Thanks again everyone.

I normally use UnPBO 1.5, but I was unable to unpack kabal's SA-80 and L1A1 packs - OFP Manager did the trick though.

I'm currently using UnPBO but there are quite a few missions which when I try to decompress, simply get a txt file named the same rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]I'm currently using UnPBO but there are quite a few missions which when I try to decompress, simply get a txt file named the same

That's never happened to me, have you checked carefully for the folder with the decompressed files?

Well when it works, it decompresses the mission to its original folder (Operation Flashpoint\Missions or Operation Flashpoint\MPmissions)