Sign in to follow this  
PAPABEAR_1985

Su-25, sukhoi 'frogfoot'

Heavily armoured attack and anti-tank aircraft. The Su-25 is a well-armoured aircraft, capable of carrying a large load under its shoulder-placed wing. Compared to its US counterpart, the A-10, it is faster and more agile. The Su-25 saw combat in Afghanistan, and experience there led to major improvements. A navalized version was built for the large carriers. Late models have more powerful R-195 engines.

This Ground-Attack plane , the A-10 soviet in a way, constitute for the soviet strength a real bomb truck... The development of the Su-25 started at the end of years 60 by the SukhoÄ office when needs in Ground-Attack planes had himself felt cruelly. The first produced units fell to pick indeed for the red army that able to directly put them in service to sides of the Mi-24 " hind " in missions of destruction of armored and of bombing at the time of the war of Afghanistan. In 1984 losses to the fight of the Su-25 began to become préocuping ? ... A new project of Frogfoot was launched therefore in the goal to fill his main hiatuses: limited survivability, lack of all-weather capacity, insufficient action radius and avionics limits. This new model was developed from the two-seater version for reasons of space. This Su-25T again called Su-34 took air for the first time the 17/08/1984. As to the habit at SukhoÄ, it exists a big number of versions of the Frogfoot. The Su-25 " Frogfoot-A " is the first of the one-seater versions able to carry away 6 400 kg of bombs. His version of export is designated Su-25K. The Su-25UB " Frogfoot-Bs " are the version in tandem of practice. His version of export is the Su-25UBK. The Su-25UT " Frogfoot-B " are the same version that the Su-25 UBS but destitute of arming and rebaptisé Su-28. The Su-25UTG (G as Gak : landing (crosse) is an identical version to the UT but provided this time of a langing (crosse) for use on aircraft carrier. The Su-25T is a version identical one-seater in his structure at Su-25UT intended to the attack anti-tank that specified higher how has been modernized entirely and improven. His version of export is the Su-25TK. The Su-25BM is a version of target tow and the Su-34 is the new designation of the Su-25T. Engineers pulled in particular for this greatly gone version of teachings of the Afghan war his survivability in intense anti-aircraft environment. The Frogfoot has been produced to more of 330 copies and his users are Russia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Iraq, ex-Czechoslovakia and Afghanistan.

Main versions:

Su-25 " Frogfoot-A ": One-seater initial version.

Su-25K: Version of export of the Su-25A.

Su-25UB " Frogfoot-B ": Two-seater training version.

Su-25UBK: Version of export of the Su-25UB.

Su-25UTG: Version endowed of a landing (crosse).

Su-25TP: Version in maritime attack development.

Su-25T/Su-34: Modernized version and improven.

Su-25TK: Version of export of the Su-25T.

The Su-25 was designed as a low level attack aircraft used in support of ground forces, much like the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Titanium, 24 mm thick, is used to protect the cockpit and other vital components from ground fire, while the internal fuel tanks are lined with a special foam to help protect against explosion. A two-seat variant was later designed as the Su-25UB, and an un-armed version was built - the Su-25UT, which later became the Su-28. Poor combat performance of the Su-25 in Afghanistan led to a much improved 'Frogfoot', named the Su-39. Designed from the Su-25UB, the Su-39 included wing-tip ECM pods, chaff/flare dispensers, IR jammer, and a new navigation and attack system which provided fully automatic weapon selection and release.

Prime contractor: Sukhoi Design Bureau

Nation of origin: Russia

Function: Attack

Crew: 1

In-service year: 1978

Engine: Two Tumansky R-195 non-afterburning turbofans, 9,921 lb thrust each

Wing span: 14.36 m / 47 ft 2 in

Length: 15.53 m / 50 ft 2 in

Height: 4.8 m / 15 ft 9 in

Weight: 20,950 lb empty / 38,800 lb max. take off

Ceiling: 22,965 ft

Speed:

@ attack speed: 690 km/h / 428 mph

@ max. sea level: 975 km/h / 606 mph

Range: 1,250 km / 777 miles

Armament: One AO-17A 30mm twin-barrel cannon with 250 rounds, plus 9,700 lb including Kh-23/25/29 ASMs, laser-guided bombs, cluster bombs, S-5 57mm rockets, S-8 80mm rockets, S-24 240mm rockets, S-25 330mm rockets, Gsh-23 23mm twin-barrel gun pods with 260 rounds each, R-3S/60 AAMs, or four fuel tanks on ten external points

Type: Su-25 'Frogfoot-A'

Function: attack

Year: 1978

Crew: 1

Engines: 2 * 4100kg Tumansky R-95Sh

Wing Span: 14.36 m

Length: 15.53 m

Height: 4.80 m

Wing Area: 30.10 m2

Max.Weight: 17600 kg

Speed: 970 km/h

Ceiling: 7000 m

Range: 1250 km

Armament: 1*g30 mm (250rpg), 4400 kg

su-25-08p07.jpg

Hmhm nice and all but are you actually going to make it? Or just generally post info about things? Ever notice how there is allready a version of this baby in game?

Yes well unless its focussed on a discussion on an actual OFP addon i think it would be better placed in offtopic if its going to be about the plane irl smile_o.gif

yes i agree withe that this seems tru no body care anyway

There you go, stop spamming forums with you pointless posts.

looke kid im not bloody spamer you dont trust any one as i see

ghostface.gif

I agree with Ag_Smith thanks 2 you i got a extra bar becaused i flamed you(okay o i overdid it) but so you spam a little bit:angry: but on topic, Supah wheres the link for this baby biggrin_o.gif

a SU25 is a RHS WIP  biggrin_o.gif

Ahhh! Great news! We needed a new Su-25 with new features, like flares, multiple weapons, huds ect. and more realistic armor levels (you can take out BIS's Su-25 with a couple mags of AK-74 :P)

ghostface.gif

What you are is a gramatically challenged individual who needs to grow up. I know I speak for many here when I say that you are causing alot of frustration with you confusing, irritating posts. Please, I beg you, try your very best to be a positive member of the community.

ghostface.gif

What you are is a gramatically challenged individual who needs to grow up. I know I speak for many here when I say that you are causing alot of frustration with you confusing, irritating posts. Please, I beg you, try your very best to be a positive member of the community.

That's exactly what I meant. Thanks, Sgt. Milkman, I just hope he'll understand. rock.gif

ghostface.gif

What you are is a gramatically challenged individual who needs to grow up.

Not everyone on this earth is 'blessed' with being a native English speaker...Perhaps a little more forethought would have been better, don't you think? rock.gifwink_o.gif

That absolutelly doesn't explain sending posts that have absolutelly nothing to do with this forum section.

I think it's high time to close this topic.

How about we all stop flaming each other, and leave the moderating to the moderators?

If you feel that someone is spamming, contact a moderator, dont't take it on yourself to attack that person. Also, please remember (as pointed out above) that not all of our forum members are native English speakers - when you criticize someones spelling or grammar, it generally just makes YOU look petty and foolish.

Now, if this thread is to be used as a discussion for variants of the Su-25 that people want to see ingame, I have no problem with leaving it open.

Any more spam or flaming will be dealt with severely.