Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Operation flashpoint picture awards

My submission

Totally UNedited and taken ingame !

God i love that pic  smile_o.gif

http://users.pandora.be/j_a_p/jap/Picsofp/Classic%20pics/GCS0085.jpg

Cheers

PS : that hind got nailed hard after the shot .... weird what a law can do to a lowflying hind  ghostface.gif

I sware ive seen that pic before on a website as an official pic.......

You calling me a thief rock.gif

If you take the liberty on going trough the whole OFP photography thread you ll see i posted that pic ages ago.

It s my own pic, got 3 others like it.

So maybe that official website stole mine !

Crap speculations ! F*ck off !

Ok, better now

Always the same ppl bitching

Apparently I need to repeat what Placebo said at the top of this page:

Quote[/b] ]If either of you have proof send it to a moderator, otherwise keep quiet, any further conversations along a similar theme will not be tolerated, if you have a complaint PM a moderator.

As with any other complaint, the correct procedure is to PM a moderator, not start or continue an argument in the thread.

I'd be happy to judge, but I'd also like to enter some pics...could be a conflict of interest... crazy_o.gif

Maybe judge the categories you don't enter? But if you enter all of them... hmmm

I could do some judging too, as I prolly won't enter any pics.

And I think any pic with unreleased addons could be under a fantasy category,for the main reason that someone could apply a texture to a face and make some nice looking objects and setup a nice screenshot with it,the addons would only need to be 2d (just a face)

Could even conjure up the whole scene to not look like OFP

Judges: Judges assigned to specific categories, hopefully three judges per.  To submit a picture, the person submitting send the picture, via Private Message, to the judge in that category.

Quote[/b] ]Title: Picture submission <insert category here>

Body:

(User Name, real name as well if you please)

Description: Brief description of your picture.  If none, just say none

Picture here

Categories (Copied from Hellfish, edited a little):

1. Best overall (will be selected from pic of any category with most votes)

2. Natural OFP (editing limited to resizing, cropping, removal of crosshair or hud, nothing funky)

3. Edited OFP (any level of editing allowed)

4. Multi-Player (Picture taken during an MP game, no editing allowed.  If anything is done to it, the original pic must be included, or it will be classed into Natural/Edited OFP)

5. Miscellaneous (anything goes as long as it's an OFP-oriented pic)

Judges:

To Be Announced

Any suggestions on selecting Judges?  Forum moderators should be defaulted in, those that want to, it's enough of a hassle to moderate the forums, I'm sure they don't want to be sorting through picture submissions.  I would like to ask BIS Staff, but I'll only bother them if we get this contest off the ground.  Should I be defaulted in for making the thread?  I know plenty people would like to judge, but obviously not everyone can.

Entrant rules:

A) Must enter picture into correct category, if unsure, send to the most appropriate person and that judge will classify it.

B) Cap on amount of pictures - 10 to 15

--------------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions changes to this?  Especially how we should select judges.  (Looks to forum moderators to help out a tad with some suggestions)

Any suggestions changes to this?  Especially how we should select judges.  (Looks to forum moderators to help out a tad with some suggestions)

--------------------------------------------------------

B) Cap on amount of pictures - 10 to 15

Hmm, that seems a bit excessive to me - I would humbly suggest 1 pic per person per category: that will encourage people to submit what they think are their very best pics...

Judges...I don't know, how many do you thik you would need? If it is to be a public vote system, do you need judges? Or would it be better to have, say, 10 judges, and each judge have 1 vote in each category?

Not just one... there's sometimes maybe alteast two or three pics that you just can't help but love. Lower the cap to 3 or 4?

By judges I should more accurately put they they are more or less just setting the categories. People send these selected few their pics, and then as a group they deliberate with ten would make it into the final poll placed onto the forums.

The fewer number of submissions, the easier it will be for the judges. I know that if you want me to judge, I don't want to look at 15 crappy images from Harnu. wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Seriously, the fewer pics, the easier it will be on all. I'd suggest a cap of three total per person. That way, some people wouldn't have the chance to win in every category.

I just thought of something else - what about a category for pics that look the most life-like? The ones that actually look like somebody took a pic of real life instead of a game. Of course, the original unedited pic should be included. smile_o.gif

*Bump*

No need to bump it, I'm getting some stuff organized and sending some info to you and the rest of the judges.

Ahh I ee, I thought it was just fading away :P

The picture awards are soon to come, get working on those great screen shots! Submission period will be soon.

Those rules seam reasonable..

best would be to have at least 2 judges deciding over the best pics, so if one is an opinionated bastard (no offense to anyone biggrin_o.gif) the other can give it some counter-weight.. if you get my point

Those rules seam reasonable..

best would be to have at least 2 judges deciding over the best pics, so if one is an opinionated bastard (no offense to anyone biggrin_o.gif) the other can give it some counter-weight.. if you get my point

We're a step ahead of you on that one biggrin_o.gif

hey I'm slow (and tired), cut me some slack tounge_o.giftounge_o.gif