Sign in to follow this  
zeep

What addons would you recommend me?

I'm only a beginner still. Currently i'm playing resistance and we've got to steal some tanks. Sadly tho, the previous mission wasn't so succesful so we don't have silencers for our loadouts which practically makes me fail this mission everytime. I'm now replaying the previous one.

Anyway, my question is this:

What further ( 3rd party ) addons would you recommend me?

And why?

(I have the goty edition btw. )

The reason i ask this is pure curiosity really. And secondly because i'm venturing online playing in the future. So far i played one game online for which i downloaded a mission from the server ( i think it's in my MPMissionCache called 'cti_18_mf_1.0_ps_nogova.noe.pbo' )

I searched the forum and found the link to OFPWatch which i now also have installed (not yet used it)

ps: I have the Avon lady ofp faq bookmarked and getting a lot of information from there.

ps2: I really do need silenced weapons in the stealing tanks mission right? Because i keep dying all the time on every attempt.

ps3: Sorry if my post is somewhat messed up.

Thanks and i love ofp smile_o.gif

ps2: I really do need silenced weapons in the stealing tanks mission right? Because i keep dying all the time on every attempt.

Its been a while but I didn't use silenced weapons,i snuck thru the hole in the fence and wait for people to walk by as you work towards the tanks and when you get a tank,use it to destroy the rest and the whole base! Drive the tank out and you may have to destroy that one to complete the mission

Ofp.CZ is loaded with addons,not much along the lines of reviews asides comments with the associate news item.

Ofp.cz (aka OFP.INFO) also supports modmakers in an enormous way, for example giving me and others a webpage.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Thank you for your replies all.

One thing i'm wondering about: When i install an addon, how do i 'use' it?

I mean, the addon's aren't for sp right?

Or do they come with custom missions?

Thank you for your replies all.

One thing i'm wondering about: When i install an addon, how do i 'use' it?

I mean, the addon's aren't for sp right?

Or do they come with custom missions?

Addons can be used in either SP or MP missions.

You either have to create the missions yourself or find missions that use the addons you like.

OFP does not have a mechanism that allows you to simply choose which weapon/vehicle will be used in a mission. The mission has to predefine what addons will be used or be made available.