Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Tfw: cik mod thread

The weapon above and below are the next weapons I will be building

Another NV Korean war era night vission weapon

Quote[/b] ]snprscm3.jpg

Infrared Sniperscope M3, .30 caliber carbine M3

The Sniperscope evolved from the M1 of WWII, with an effective range of about 70 yards, to the M2, with a range of about 100 yards. Both of these used vibrator power supplies to convert 6 volt battery levels to 4250 volts for the image-viewing tube. IR rays are focused on the image tubes, causing electrons to be emitted, which are then accelerated and strike a fluorescent screen, converting the sub-visible-light image to the visible light range, showing all objects as various shades of green. Besides enabling detection of enemy movement, and placing full-automatic fire upon them with complete surprise, IR units facilitate night communications between nearby units. Simple, pre-determined coded signals from a flashlight with an infra-red filter could be detected up to 500 yards. The M3, actually available for the Korean War, used 20,000 volts, had an effective range of 125 yards, and could detect ir-flashlight signals up to 1 mile.

The US Carbine, Caliber .30in, M3, or T3, was an M2 carbine with suitable mountings prepared on the receiver to take various models of infra-red night-sighting devices, and an M3 flash hider. No open or conventional sights were provided. The M3 carbine, (its development title was T3), was produced in limited numbers as a semi-prototype. Only about 2100 were manufactured compared to 5,510,000 M1 carbines, 150,000 M1A1 carbines and 570,000 M2 carbines.

More information go here:

http://www.rt66.com/~korteng/SmallArms/m3irsnip.htm

yeah first US NVG sniper rifle ever made or used. I was higly useful yet also a large pain in the ass. Very easy to break and not very concealable, but i think itd be sweet to have in your mod, it'd give the americans an edge (they need it against those 300 million communitsts). I saw one in the USMC musuem in DC. I'd love it if you made it.

LoL

It will be made my friend

But hell, you won't see them in a ton of missions whenever we make the campaign

Hey all

I was wondering if someone out there with the ability to make Menu systems for mods could help us out a little bit.

~Bmgarcangel

So can anyone possibly assisst us in our mod menu.  We currently have a man working on it but he really doesn't understand a ton of english and its becoming extremely hard to try and tell him what we need and don't need, not to mention a load of errors are coming up for some reason when hes really having no troubles but for osme reason it interferes with mine and a few others computers.  

SO I need to start over again, building a resource.cpp for the mod.  Please, anyone who can possibly help us out, please can you help us??

Also some other news!!!!

We have a new modeller and webmannager who justed joined up!! TFW:CIK WELCOMES CymPatheeY!!

Here is two shots from the main menu. Thanks to the reworked resource.cpp undertaker has been working on!

Menu2.JPG

Menu1.JPG

Alrighty folks! Our website and stuff is now coming along great! Website isn't up quite yet though, so you will have to wait for a few more days biggrin_o.gif

We got some pretty nice forums going on though, check them out!

Enter the TFW:CIK Forums

Peace out,

Bmgarcangel

dude, i'm god you're Jesus

If I get permission from inv44 to use their m1 carbine

this will be built soon!

snipscm1.jpg

hey

got a picture in from OFPHUNTER who is doing extremely good on the animations for the .30 Caliber Machine guns...so far so good at least biggrin_o.gif

We'll keep you posted!

OFPANIMprev2.jpg

~Bmgarcangel

i just recovered some information that Oliver asked me to put back on our site...here it is:

Quote[/b] ]...What is it? Simply put it is the only modification for Operation Flashpoint based upon the Korean War, which saw the first test of the superiority of the United Nations and the West's policy of Communist Containment. As such it is has gone down in history as one of the most important shows of might the West has ever undertaken. Or has it? For the most part few recognise the significance of the war in Korea; it has been overshadowed by the glories and defeats of the Second World War and Vietnam. And it is because of this that we as a team are committed to building a campaign which is both historically accurate and reverently commemorative of the sacrifices that so many made in the Peninsular for the liberty and freedom of those who lived both sides of the 38th Parallel.

The greatest problem that we will have to confront in our quest is that of the glorification of war and of those nationalities who fought in it. In no way do we wish this to be a praising of the might and determination of the United States since in many ways Korea highlighted the US' pitfalls in foreign policies. We should like this project to be truly international with participation of like-minded people from all countries and walks of life irrespective of nationality, class or beliefs.

The modification as it stands will consist of a four-part campaign to be released in chronological order over the next few months.

1st: The invasion of the South by NK forces and the successive withdrawal of ROK forces to the Pusan Perimeter; the landings at Inchon and the push out from Pusan north to the Yalu.

2nd: The battles in the north and the emergence of a new foe, the Chinese, battles will include Chosin Reservoir and others that occurred along the line.

3rd: The retreat to the South back to the 38th Parallel; the beginnings of stalemate.

4th: Stalemate.

With this made clear I can now continue to describe in more detail the ways in which the history of the Korean War will be portrayed in our mod. During the first segment of the campaign, whose release date is as yet unspecified, we will follow the lives of several men whose regiments, nationalities and ranks will differ. The nationalities that have so far been decided upon are the United States and Great Britain, however the inclusion of a third and fourth nationality is currently under discussion. What I am most afraid of is in making a multi-strand campaign that is so overly-complex and fanatically realistic that it simply becomes unplayable and unenjoyable. This in no way means that battles will be 'spiced-up', simply the structure will have to be closely considered among a circle of game-players, historians and veterans. As yet the detailed structure of the campaign in terms of mission layout etc. is undecided and our concepts will remain closely under wraps until such time as we are convinced of their finality. However I am at liberty to give you a sneaky peak at the subject of the first mission.

The first mission will chronicle Task Force Smith, a force comprising members of the US 1/21st Infantry who were to be the first American troops to engage the rapidly advancing North Korean armoured columns. Max Hastings writes upon the subject of the battle:

"Had the men of Task Force Smith, on the road south of Suwon, known they were striking the first armed blow for that new force in world order, the United Nations, it may have made their confused, unhappy, almost pathetic little battle on the 5th July seem more dignified. On the other hand it might have made it more incomprehensible than ever."

There, now you have a little more information about the project and the campaign If you desire more information or are interested in joining the team contact me Ollie at:

otb1987@aol.com

Or the mod leader, Bmgarcangel at:

Bmgarcangel@yahoo.com

-Oliver Barton

Resident Historian, Campaign Author and Deputy Mod Leader,

'The Forgotten War-Conflict in Korea 1950-53'

Aka: ErictheHalfBee

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war.

One thing moderators, I believe the picture is within the appropriate settings, I looked under forums rules but found nothing except avatar stuff so correct me if it is too big!

In this mod i'm thinking about creating a very new and special idea that would bring a bunch of new shit into hte OFP scene. Have Washington DC, pairs, New york UN building and a bunch of other things like Moscow, Tokyo, Macarthurs headquarters, ports, few scenes in United states, all in one map so we can get hte view of more then one thing all in one cutscene......but it wouldn't be used for like people to play on, only cutscenes, because you don't want to play on a map with the whitehouse and Moscow Kremilin and shit like a few 100 meters from each other.

Now, bugs would include seeing the White house from the Kremlin.

Solved by setting view distance tounge_o.gif

I plan to include all these places and possibly more...give me places yo uwant to have in and i'll put it all in a notepad thing!

Now what do people think of this grand idea that has come up within the ranks of my mod!

post-27-22775-thesquare.jpg

CymPatheeY is making a grand new PPSH-41 Burp gun and a Type 50 Chicom ( slightly modified version of the ppsha )

start.jpg

Congrats Brendan!

the site looks A+ pimp status wink_o.gif

(very good) tounge_o.gif

Drow

get your A** on MSN Messenger so I can send em bunkers

to big to send via email

im @ work man, sad_o.gif

and my pc is being rezorected as we speek up the hill by some computer tech guy... Im down for the count till i get that up, now my forums are down as well,

and i think i have almost pulled out all my hair already!

crazy_o.gif

so..i'l upload them to a server then...ps. you didn't loose them bushes I made for your mod righto?

Nice looking PPSh...if yuou need some pics for texturing, maybe this page of mine can help: here (I was planning on making one of my own a while back)

Heres an updated pics

start4.jpg

Just gotta finish up with the sights and then magazines then on to the textures anyone wanna texture this for me?

/CympatheeY

(good site fubar, wow)

Brendan, yup i should still have those bushes dude, but i dunno for sure, my pc died, so its hard to say, i have to check out my discs that i backed up...

PS always keep any work you do for anyone,,, you may want to use it yourself for somethign in the future... and it looks dumb havnig to ask for it back :P (no offence of course, i just know this from my own experience    crazy_o.gif  )

ps, if you do use those textures that fubar showed, be sure to add scratches and shit (i may be able to assist here), thats one clean gun.

Ohhh Yeah I know those arent the textures just something to make it a little more sprused up then just being all white. Thanks fubar awesome site I'll use those textures. those pics helped me build some parts of the gun thanks alot man. What do you guys think of the gun does it look good?

/CympatheeY