Sign in to follow this  
Crispy129

I\'m COMPLETELY satisfied.

I love this game, BIS and codemasters have done an EXCELLENt job with this, and they are about the first 2 companies that get big updates and improvements out very quickly. The graphics are awsome, they look real, the weapons are realistic, they have the client determined kills(lag compensator), I have seldom experienced lag in multiplayer even with an overseas host, they don't allow you to run like a track star with tons of equipment and jump 5 feet in the air like a bunny so you can't do that lag dancing bunny hop crap that people do in DFLW and other games, and you have an extremely large variety of weapons an vehicles and the ability to use every one of them. The only complaint I have is that the voting system is a little screwed up and takes forever to get some dedicated games started, and the fade stuff is a little assinine the way ya'll try to scare people about it and the way it keeps going off for no reason. One thing I would like to see would be my whizzing bullet and bullets hitting stuff near you sound effects like delta force has, that would really add to the realism and help to tell if and where you're being shot at. But this is the best 1st person shooter I have ever played, and I have a feeling I will keep playing this one for a LONG time. I think they deserve a big THANK YOU for a job well done.

Crispy

" One thing I would like to see would be my whizzing bullet and bullets hitting stuff near you sound effects like delta force has, that would really add to the realism and help to tell if and where you're being shot at. "

Well it does have this in the game try using headphones and turn off any background music    I can see my bullet hits on the ground next to opponents. Some maps even have tracer fire on them..... Most of the time I can get direction of fire from the sound(some times the sound goes all screwy but usually behaves)as well as an idea as to the distance of the shooter..when taking cover behind vehicles and such I can hear the bullet striking the ground and the metal of the vehicles...try some headphones it will help.

Yep, I definately hear close hits. I'll usually know pretty fast when someone is firing at me specifically.

You can hear the close hits and also often see the bullet hitting the ground so you know where it came from.

Those are the most exciting parts of the game for me. I'm prone on the ground, scanning the horizon, and all of a sudden I start hearing the high pitched Zing of a really close shot. Do I stand up and run to cover, or do I try to slowly crawl back to cover? As I'm crawling fast backwords, my heart beats faster and faster and so does my breathing (game sounds of course). It starts to be the only sound I can hear and the confusion of the battle has set in.

Everyone should try with headphones on. There is nothing better than that. And turn on (Hardware Accelaleration) in the Audio Options. This gives you amazing sound on MP.

No, I meant louder, more violent type sounds kind of like in saving provate ryan, the whizzing bullets are too quiet. Also the pings of bullets hitting the ground are not loud enough or clearly defined.

Crispy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Black Knight on 10:45 pm on Dec. 12, 2001

Everyone should try with headphones on. There is nothing better than that. And turn on (Hardware Accelaleration) in the Audio Options. This gives you amazing sound on MP.

<span id='postcolor'>

turning on "hardware acceleration" causes mouse lag - oh what a wonderfull bugfree game.... NOT!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Crispy129 on 1:19 am on Dec. 13, 2001

No, I meant louder, more violent type sounds kind of like in saving provate ryan, the whizzing bullets are too quiet.  Also the pings of bullets hitting the ground are not loud enough or clearly defined.

Crispy

<span id='postcolor'> Thats what Medal Of Honor Allied Assualt is all about smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> turning on "hardware acceleration" causes mouse lag <span id='postcolor'>

WTF is mouse lag?!? Are U for real???

When your mouse is delayed for a few ms, it´s called mouselag. Although i have a good sytem (1.4ghz / Gainward G3), that even runs Unreal 2 Alpha with high fps, flashpoint is lagging.

And yeah, MOHAA will stampede all over Flashpoint, it looks brilliant! Can´t wait to get the demo, only one more day, whoohoo.

Get the sound replacement pack for OFP (it's linked in this forum somewhere).

You can really hear the bullets, and the sound of the bullets hitting wood makes a thup-thup sound that is both loud and dead accurate. Same with metal. Plus most of the weapons sound better.

Yeah OFP is cool. You can calculate how far away an enemy tank is by measuring the time from the impact to the hearing the sound of the shell being fire (speed of sound delay rocks).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rogue on 10:57 am on Dec. 13, 2001

And yeah, MOHAA will stampede all over Flashpoint, it looks brilliant! Can´t wait to get the demo, only one more day, whoohoo.

<span id='postcolor'>

Can you please tell me where to get it ? smile.gif

MOHAA is completely different from OFP, I don't see how it can stampede over it.

MOHAA looks like it's based at a lower level of action, i.e. not big force movements, rather single guy sneaking.

Yeah, but i didn´t referred to terms of realism, more to the likes of playability, action, fun and most important multiplayer. It sure is an action based title,  but im personally not bound to simulations or realistic shooters only.

For those that havn´t got the full version already,  the Wolfenstein Single Player Demo containing 2 maps has just been released, its a whooping 114mb download, grab it over here:

<a href="http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?file=82723

(You" target="_blank">http://www.fileplanet.com/index.asp?file=82723

(You</a> need gayspay id to download it from Fileplanet, can use your arcade id)

The MOHAA Multiplayer Demo will be released tomorrow, there are no known mirrors as of yet, check the official site first:

<a href="http://mohaa.ea.com/

the" target="_blank">http://mohaa.ea.com/

the</a> multiplayer map contained in the Demo will be Stalingrad, mainly cqb and housefighting smile.gif.

(Edited by Rogue at 12:45 am on Dec. 14, 2001)

Just found this:

MOHAA has been developed with military advisory from Capt. Dale Dye

img_cptdaledye.jpg

In order to present a realistic and honest depiction of World War II Electronic Arts asked Capt. Dale Dye to consult with them on the game. Capt. Dye had just served in a similar capacity on 'Saving Private Ryan' and the team wanted him to ensure that all facets of Medal of Honor, including missions, weapons and enemy movements accurately and respectfully portrayed the reality of World War II."

Capt. Dale Dye USMC (retired) is the entertainment industry's top military consultant renowned for his contribution to such films as "Saving Private Ryan," "The Thin Red Line, "Wag The Dog," "Platoon," "Born on the Fourth of July." A graduate of the Missouri Military Academy, Dye enlisted in the United States Marine Corps in 1964.

He served in Vietnam in 1965 and again from 1967 through 1970, surviving 31 major combat operations and earning a number of decorations, including three Purple Hearts for wounds suffered in combat. Having risen to the rank of Master Sergeant during his 13 years as an enlisted Marine, Dye was chosen to attend Officer Candidate School and was appointed a Warrant Officer in 1976. Subsequently promoted to Captain, he was sent to Beirut with the Multinational Peacekeeping Force in 1982.

The MOHAA development crew (seems paintball is a comon method when creating these kinds of games):

DaleDye-lg_09.jpg

Dale advising and briefing his "recruits" in some field procedures:

DaleDye-lg_03.jpg

Motion capturing?:

DaleDye-lg_14.jpg

(Edited by Rogue at 12:58 am on Dec. 14, 2001)

Thats correct, it´s the Q3 engine and looks fantastic, at least in Wolfenstein. I assume it will be somewhat significant different from Quake III though, although it won´t have the realism of Flashpoint of course. but realism is not everything, the looks and gameplay are important too, as multiplayer is.

Well today everyone can make his oppinion about it, because the Multiplayer demo will be available.

if its a no go, i´ll pass it and play Wolfenstein and Flashpoint once the first mods arrive.

I belive MOHAA will be a great GAME, dont get me wrong here...but contracting a former military operative and have him "guide" the developers isnt exctly a new move, and it doesnt mean that realism will be a major factor in this game. In terms of fun and playability i belive and hope it will be great, but as a t.a.c.t.i.c.a.l shooter it will most definate not be better than any of the others. Maybe when the first mods arrives....

(Edited by Sandman at 2:23 pm on Dec. 14, 2001)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Rogue on 10:57 am on Dec. 13, 2001

<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, it might, but that's only because its so darn arcadish and has the support of Dreamworks Interactive. MOHAA is going to take 1st Person shooters back to the age of Half-Life.