Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Question about ofp2 war campaigns

Maybe lot of people are too sensitive to this, but in fact, nearly no game covered these wars and i can't imagine any else game except OFP2 to cover this scenario.

and there is really lot of timeframe events to choose from:

1947-1949

1968-1970

and some more

not to mention all these possible fiction magic and enough of sides to create qualite story plot ...

well just idea smile_o.gif

Maybe a war Subcontinental India during the 70s and 80s

Lost Brothers is working on IDF mod. OFP 2 theatres are already set to Africa, Vietnam and Central Europe so too late to change them I think.

Lost Brothers is working on IDF mod. OFP 2 theatres are already set to Africa, Vietnam and Central Europe so too late to change them I think.

As I said in another post I don't like the idea of fighting in a scenario that's so far in time.

A great part of ofp fascination was in the fact that is THE ONLY fps ( apart from Black Hawk Down ) where u fight in contemporary battle theather.

Back in time scenarios like the ones of Vietnam or Battlefield 1942 or Medal of Honor have already been seen too many times to be interesting (at least for me).

Moreover I don't like the idea of letting down my G36 or my Ak74 for a Thompson or a Garand.

It would be a very better idea to invent a theather set in first years of this century ( 1998-2002 ) with actual weapons and vehicles.

Yes I agree.

The Vietnam and WW2 scenarios are are covered by too many other games and they are washed out. (Not to say that we had a great Nam mod for OFP)

So I would like to see the modern warfare too. Set in the years after 1985. Or at least there sould be the possibility to make mods for this timerange.

I really dont like all the old war stuff. I would like to see some modern theatres to be featured in OFP. Like: Afghanistan, Irak, Somalia, North Korea and so on.