Sign in to follow this  
Pathy

Attention to detail

I think a few nice touches would be surfaces that catch the sun and glean, especially 'scopes and binoc's.....thats what gives a sniper away alot of the time, a gleaming scope if he forgets to wrap hessain over it, or is careless looking down it for too long.

Cmon, imagine it, your squad is patrolling through a valley...in OFP, a sniper is on the hills, he shoots you.....in OFP2, a sniper is on the hills, but you see the sun shine off glass for a brief second before you dive under cover.....much better, much more immersive

Say you do it like this, scopes and binocs only gleam if ur looking down them.....

imagine multiplayer sniper matches, you gotta be careful about looking with the scope too often.

Also another sniper related thing, but an all round nice touch as well.....i find it really annoying that there is nothing to gauge wind deflection by......i think that if possible, trees, grass, ect should all react realistically to wind, there should be things like fabric caught on branches blowing about ect...so when your lining up your shot you have alot of things that you can try and read to help.

post your own nice little touches here i'd say.

reflections from glass could add a little something in the game but then there should also be something to wrap the scopes up with. so what's the idea in it? back to square one...

Not at all....if you read my post properly you would realise that i said it should only be when the scope is in use....so if your marching around with an M21, we assume you have the scope covered until that point....

I think it is a nice small touch and a good idea, maybe it would make snipers go for a position where the sun is behind their back to avoid this, or perhaps the most incredible simulation fanatics would wait several hours for the sun to move to a safer position to avoid detection tounge_o.gif .

I also believe we need a real sniper in OPF2 with a heavy guillie suit that would reduce movement speed but allow us to crawl undetected in hostile territory for weeks waiting for the perfect shot.

"imagines sniper in the bush for weeks without possibilitie to take shower" crazy_o.gif .

Heh, or x4 speed it, and go out for a few drinks....it would mean to me that unless i had the sun behind me, i would only glance down my scope, and only when it was neccessary, rahter than spending 2 hours scanning.....

I definately want wind effect on objects tho, it really fucks me off when u make a shot and its 5 mm to the right or left because of the wind deflection, and there is no way to tell beforehand....

Moving branches and grass is very probably unrealistic, but smoke and flags is not. I want it to be playable, not sitting there waiting for it to load for twenty minutes.