Sign in to follow this  
Tankerkid

Noob question i kno, but plz help me here!!!

Hi, ive been working through brssebs tutorial, and have got to the "Landcontact LOD". now heres what it says:

Make a new LOD, it will be called "1.000". Rightclick on it, go to "propeties" and select "LandContact" from the list. Hit OK.

In left view, zoom in (Alt + right and left mousebutton) and move the cursor just beneath the front set of wheels.

Then hit "insert" and a new vertex will be created there. See pic below.

now its the insert bit im stuck on, how to i get a new vertext to be created at the site of the cursor.

PLEASE HELP ME, ITS DRIVIN ME NUTS,

Thanks,

tanker

Its more work to create it at the site of your cursor , it wont actually do that.You would have to select  "use pin" in the "edit" menu or shft+c, and have some vertex(s) selected and center the pin and then any new vertex will be created at the pin.

Easiest way that I find to make a quick memory vertex that you can place easily (use the other way for accurate placement) is:

1.Make sure you have a window selected

2. Press "insert" and the new vertex will be created already selected in the very center (wherever the pin was last)

Which means like in th very middle of the window,if you are zoomed in on the wheels you prolly wont see it,its in dead middle of the measurement area

3. Don't touch anything but right click and drag the vertex where needed using the other views if you have to.

4. Name the vertex while selected will be easier than trying to select it again

hope that helps

what exactly do you mean by insert, do you mean the "Enter" button onthe keyboard?

No, use the "Insert" button on your keyboard. Look above the arrow keys, the insert key will be found above "Delete" (NOT Backspace) and left of the "Home" key.

Assuming you have a standard keyboard...

ok, thankyou, i am so stupid, please excuse me while i go out into a field and shoot myself ghostface.gif

ok, thankyou, i am so stupid, please excuse me while i go out into a field and shoot myself  ghostface.gif

It's offtopic post but I just have to ask about it (this question comes into my mind everytime when I see your posts ;-)

Tankerkid - what's this thing in your avatar?

It looks familiar to me... (/me checked the mirror, but no, fortunately it's not that ;-)

Where's the "ANY" key?.....lmao

Grid coordinates LZ64

But now you have to find the correct island biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Shoot me too, vertex are created at the cursor if you don't have "use pin" selected

Well guys I´m a very noobie, so I´ll contribute to this topic with some other questions:

1-In the make a m16 tutorial, ohh before that, after creatin a polygon, when creatinh a cube they told me to click a extrude window, where the hell is that? I noticed that the screenshot of the O2 in the tutorial has a menu button called "Tolls" wich mine does´nt, i´m a doing anything wrong? i´m a runnig an old version or something( I don´t think so)?

2-I Just cant open models wich I depbo from my addon folder but cannot open them into O2, whY? Do I have to use Xpack before depbo it?

3-What files should I depbo if I want to work on any CWC or Res models/Textures? Why I have noticed that peole tal about using models from OFP Demo? Did It has anything with the previous question?

ps.: an interesting link to noobs: http://www.geocities.com/kungtotte/

Please help me guys, I really would like to start creating my own addons!!!! some for a future Brazilian mod. Maybe this post can be pinpointed as a introduce to noobs!!!

Thnx in advance!!!

1 - Don't worry about it, its a feature in full O2

2 - If its been binarised, or is a model from the full game or resistance, you wont be able to open it in O2

3 - O2 is only able to open MLOD models, and there are only 2 ways to get MLOD models:

1) From the demo, MUST be pre-version 0.36 of the demo (they are avaiable at the site you posted a link to)

2) By making them yourself...

Thank´s man!! biggrin_o.gif

So if anybody release a "binarized" addon the only way that I could edit the model or the textures by askin the author the original files?

I´m kind likin this stuff but thought it would be easier to edit other peoples stuff, I say that because I´d like to change some textures of some vehicles that had already been made but featuring some Brazilian army camo. Well, thank´s again.

well if you want to change the Texture on a binarised model,you can always hex the file.Interested?

Hey NZXSHADOWS, you´re making me curios, what is this hex stuff? How that it works?

When he says hex the file, he means use a hex editor to change the "paths" to the textures.

e.g. if you wanted to change the texture of a civilian model, you could open the file with the hex editor, find the text that references the texture (e.g.  "\o\chars\civilian_face_1.pac") and replace it with your custom texture, e.g. "\myaddon\chars\newface.pac"

There is a program available from ofpec called TEXTURE SWAP by MikeShell (or SWAP TEXTURE - one of the two) that opens P3D files and allows you to change the textures contained within. Remember to back up your P3D files though...

See here:

http://216.239.59.104/search?....e=UTF-8