Sign in to follow this  
Waterman

Problems after installing resistance...

I can install to version 1.46 no problem and everything works fine.  When I install Resistance it goes wierd.  When I get to the main menu, all I see is the Desert island intro but with no objects, sky, or menu.  Just the island.

If I dont use HW T&L for graphics, then I get the green screen problems.

Picture

Whats going on? crazy_o.gif  I heard omega drivers (v2.4.74a)  are suppose to fix this, so I installed them to no avail. sad_o.gif

WinXP

AMD Athalon 2000+ XP

256DDR Sapphire ATI Graphics

768MB DDR ram

Any help appreciated...

I am using DirectX 9. With the directX test there are no errors. I downloaded that VIA Hyperion Drivers too but it didn't work. sad_o.gif

Any other suggestions? rock.gif

Have you tried the new Radeon drivers released yesterday?

Erm no... I'll check em out...

EDIT - No... still the same. Must be something else or a compatability problem. Its strange though as my main hard-drive was re-formatted just a few days ago. It is possible something like WinTV or DirectX 9 might be causing this?

I have exactly the same problem, also with latest Catalyst (3.8) and DirectX (9.0b). Nothing seems to work, no matter what I try. I also don't have VIA's chipset.

Radeon 9800 + P4/2400 with Intel's chipset.

---------------------

See: Radeon fix

That fixed my problem.

//Naw

Exact same problem here too. Installed Opflash, gold upgrade and resistance this morning - felt like playing again after a long break - and I'm getting the same problem. If I don't use Hardware T&L then I a get a green screen, if I do then I get that desert island with no object, menu or anything. I can feel the menus are there though, I can move the mouse around and get click feedbacks and such.

My system:

AMD 2500+ Barton

ATI Radeon 9600 Pro

Abit NF7-S v2.0 Nforce 2 Motherboard

All the latest drivers installed.

Yeah, tried with different versions.

Sort of got it working by changing my AGP aperture size, but even then it was flakey so then I applied the changes some other guy said in one of the posts - something with view distance numbers and weird stuff and it works now. Haven't changed my AGP aperture size back to the original to check if it'll work even with that yet, bit of a pain in the butt to do just to play a game, but since it works now all is good.

^____^

Opf isn't just any old game wink_o.gif Good to hear you have got it working smile_o.gif

Do you have many addons? Do you use the -nomap command?

something with view distance numbers

What did you have it set at and what is it now that it's working?

Quote[/b] ]and weird stuff

Like what and what did you change it from/to?

Sorry I never replied to this. The problem is I can't remember what I did sad_o.gif

I had searched the forums for ages and found a post by a guy suggesting people make changes to the view distance and some other settings, I still can't remember what/who/where, sorry about that, but it seemed to work.

I'm still having problems though (crashing mid-mission), might need to mess with my AGP settings again. Gonna be switching heatsink and some other things soon and that'll be a good day to do something like this as well. I'll report on any progress I have.

(Trying the -nomap thing too, I'll see what that does).

hi, ive exactly the same problem , i can feel the menus while pointing my mouse but i cant see them theres the music and all but i can only see the island on main menu.

Im becoming crazy so if anyone has a solution

Xp1800+

512Mb ram pc2700

Powercolor radeon 9600 pro 128mb

with omega 2.4.96c and then the catalyst 3.8 then 3.9, ive tried all of them!

does the same each time, other games do well

Scrote,

What about posting you current settings if they work? I have the same problem with Radeon 8500 Pro.