Sign in to follow this  
Major Fubar

Unit request

OK, I would like to request a unit - or, if no one wants to make it, some advice on how I can make it myself - an invisible man...

Basically, just a standard soldier, but with no textures - invisible.

I want to use it for

1. Photgraphic reasons (I'm too lazy to learn camcreate)

2. For some mission ideas I have

3. For cheating in MP (j/k) tounge_o.gif

I thought about that too. You could use him unarmed to target things for close air support scripts, since the AI could still "see" him. Simply place him near the target and order the aircraft to bomb him and thus anything near him.

Major..it aint hard...simply make a blank.paa texture (paa support alpha channels....fancy word for transparency) and then copy and paste it multiple times. Rename each copy the same name as a texture in your soldier folder and then Re pack it...hey presto.

Minimal addon creating skills required for this....however...if armed...your gun would still appear...on your back...in your hands...etc.

hmm wasnt it posible to make something invincible using the config.cpp? i have seen that before on a UAZ.

Major..it aint hard...simply make a blank.paa texture (paa support alpha channels....fancy word for transparency) and then copy and paste it multiple times. Rename each copy the same name as a texture in your soldier folder and then Re pack it...hey presto.

Minimal addon creating skills required for this....however...if armed...your gun would still appear...on your back...in your hands...etc.

Yeah, visible weapons is what I'm after...I'll try what you said, but I'll read a few modelling/texturing tutes first though... wink_o.gif

this is a great idea... in my clan we do missions to see how people can lead a team and stuff this would be good to make multiple invisible people that make no sound ect and make a normal, invincible guy ect and a helicoper would be nice invisible also no guns or anything.. for an overhead view

Just make addon of soldier/civilian and set all textures paths on one invisible texture(alpha),I think it will works...

this is a great idea... in my clan we do missions to see how people can lead a team and stuff this would be good to make multiple invisible people that make no sound ect and make a normal, invincible guy  ect  and a helicoper would be nice invisible also no guns or anything.. for an overhead view

just be the stupid seagull man wink_o.gif

Guest [B.B.S.] T_D

inv3.JPG

inv2.JPG

That's what im working on.

The feature:

You can mak him visible in game! wow_o.gif

It will be released in the next big release of BBS rock.gif

So you have to wait tounge_o.gif