Sign in to follow this  
TopCover

Blackin, remove nv/force headlights on?

With all these great addons around and still coming, I decided to have another go at making some missions.

While working on a pretty basic intro (no scripts just WP's and triggers) i came across a small aesthetic thingie. My intro is set at dawn and for effect i want some headlights active on a chopper and a APC. Setting behaviour at safe does the trick, but i also get a very crisp NV view during the whole intro.This is not what I want.

My guess is I either need to remove NV if I run the intro during "official OFP nighttime" (NV active and lights on if save), or I set the clock a few minutes later with a virtually same skycolour but changed to "official OFP daytime" ( NV off etc.) and force the headlights on.

there are several topics regarding lights and I didnt find a conclusive answer to that, but I am sure somebody can tell me how to deactivate the NV in the intro.

Other issue; when the intro strats you get that split second 3d person view on your object/unit before the actual camera position and movement starts. I just cant seem to get a black-in to overcome this. So, how can i get my intro to start with a black- in?

thanx in advance,

TopCover

Quote[/b] ]but i also get a very crisp NV view during the whole intro.This is not what I want.

Remove the nvgoggles from the unit who is "player" on the map.

Quote[/b] ]Other issue; when the intro strats you get that split second 3d person view on your object/unit before the actual camera position and movement starts. I just cant seem to get a black-in to overcome this. So, how can i get my intro to start with a black- in?

If you make a script which is executed right away and put the black-in at the top of it then you should be alright.

The trigger with black-in seems to have a bit of latency.

Quote[/b] ]Quote  

but i also get a very crisp NV view during the whole intro.This is not what I want.

Remove the nvgoggles from the unit who is "player" on the map.

Hmm, I did try that, removed nvgoggles from all units involved in the intro even. No succes. Its not the players NV view either; its missing the static layer (there are 2 layers right? 1 clear green other static?).

Any other suggestions?

Since the player unit shouldn't be involved in the cutscene, try doing "removeAllWeapons player" in his (player) init field.

If it's MP do "removeAllWeapons this" to everyone with a playable doodah or whatever the hell it's called... i'm on 56k right now... give me a break :P blues.gif

Q2 :

try

Cuttext ["","BLACK IN",0.0001]

or place the player in a dark place like a house or something, he isn't involved anyway.

Q1 :

strange... removing the NV goggles from the player only should do the trick... rock.gif

About the layer : cutRsc ["default", "PLAIN"] removes all layereffects

Q1: Does it only happen when the unit's in safe mode? What about careless?

Q2: Put:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">titletext ["","BLACK IN",999999999999999999]

Into the player's init field. (NOTE: You'll have to do another titletext with a much shorter fade in time to make the screen come up. That code just makes the screen go black.)

Gameer

Thanks everybody for your suggestions, I got it sorted out now.

TopCover