Boss-Starstreams

Mission Statistics gone from map menu

Why did BIS remove this?

After installing the Contact and S.O.G. Prairie Fire  DLC the  (Mission Statistics) pull out in the map menu that shows how many enemy and friendly you've killed is now missing.

I  bought this DLC for the assets for the editor, but I use that Mission Statistics all the time to see my progress .But that's all gone when these DLCs are loaded.  If I disable the Prairie Fire and Contact DLC's then I have to live with loosing all the assets in the editor. Is there a way to get the old map menu back? the new menu sucks, It's missing a bunch of useful features.  BIS even has a screenshot of the old menu here. Or my original menu here

arma3_statistics.jpg

Thank you.

• Confused 1

I returned the DLC's

BI support emails me back telling me to submit a ticket at support@bistudio.com

I'm not getting the verification email when I register there. and I don't have a spam filter on my mail server. Same thing happened two years ago. This issue should be common sense. You don't remove  a menu your customers have been using for over 10 years. The support guy works for BI, then he should open his mouth and say something to them.

DLC's are now gone. Too bad, that Prairie Fire  DLC was a beautiful map, but If I have to keep it disabled to have the old map items, it's not doing me any good.

Are we sure the visibility of this menu isn't tied to some sort of difficulty setting?

I ask because no matter whether I run the game with no CDLCs or with several loaded I don't have that menu appear AT ALL, even with just CBA loaded...

No, it's the way the menus always were with ArmA 3. These particular DLCs (Contact and Prairie Fire) replace the default map when they are loaded in the DLC load dialog at the start of the game. If I uncheck them, then  my default menu is back. Example screen here

I changed my mind to refund the DLCs because the Vietnam islands are great and I figured I would give BIS a chance to fix this. But I was told to start a ticket at the BI support site I mentioned above. But I'm not getting the verification email code so I can't register there. I don't have a spam filter, I run my own server via hostgator. So i can't even contact BIS about it. I was hopping the support guy that replied to my email would just tell them for me since he works for the company.

Your saying you don't have this default map? Here is a screen right from BIS of their map menu. Statistics shows up after you make your first kill

Source website here

This is the map I get when I hit the M key after the Contact and/or Prairie Fire DLC is loaded. It's horrible. The menus on the left don't show anything,There are notes and objectives but it won't show any kill data. There are no layer buttons on the top like the original map menu here

Here is a screenshot of this map with the right center button active. This map won't do anything useful.

I hate this new map style below.

arma3_new_map.jpg

This is the main menu that comes up, I've tried going into every setting to see if there was an option to get the old map, nothing

main_menu.jpg

2 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

This is the main menu that comes up, I've tried going into every setting to see if there was an option to get the old map, nothing

main_menu.jpg

So you returned DLCs because you couldn't see the statistics window in the map view? 😄

Also, if you want to use Contact DLC assets and Livonia, you ARE NOT supposed to load Contact DLC separately. The assets are loaded automatically. Loading the DLC separately is for the sole purpose of playing the singleplayer campaign.

So, to fix your problem, you just have to have Contact owned and installed and only Prairie Fire loaded.

Now go and get those goddamn DLCs back! Give 'em hell, son!

• Like 2

You're solution to load Prairie Fire and not contact, fixed everything. Thanks Kalle M. :thumb:

I guess I'm cluless on some of this even after all these years.

I did not return the DLCs, i changed my mind.

One thing that was confusing me:

When you start ArmA3, there is a mod menu and a DLC menu in the launcher. Lets get that out of the way.

All the DLC's I've ordered in the past just got added. Prairie Fire seemed that it needed to be loaded from the DLCs  menu in the launcher to have access to the assets. In other words: This Prairie Fire was not letting me load assets unless it was loaded in the DLC's section of the launcher. Contact was different in this regard, I did not need to load Contact in the DLC section, because as you said, you still get access to the assets either way. This was not the case with Prairie Fire. I'm not sure why Prairie Fire needed to be loaded as a stand alone to have access, why did BIS not make it like contact where the asset are just added automatically?

So then it must be contact stand alone that was changing my map.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Boss-Starstreams said:

You're solution to load Prairie Fire and not contact, fixed everything. Thanks Kalle M. :thumb:

I guess I'm cluless on some of this even after all these years.

I did not return the DLCs, i changed my mind.

One thing that was confusing me:

When you start ArmA3, there is a mod menu and a DLC menu in the launcher. Lets get that out of the way.

All the DLC's I've ordered in the past just got added. Prairie Fire seemed that it needed to be loaded from the DLCs  menu in the launcher to have access to the assets. In other words: This Prairie Fire was not letting me load assets unless it was loaded in the DLC's section of the launcher. Contact was different in this regard, I did not need to load Contact in the DLC section, because as you said, you still get access to the assets either way. This was not the case with Prairie Fire. I'm not sure why Prairie Fire needed to be loaded as a stand alone to have access, why did BIS not make it like contact where the asset are just added automatically?

So then it must be contact stand alone that was changing my map.

Glad to help out fellow Arma enjoyers.

Note: Prairie Fire is a Creator DLC, not an official BIS-made DLC. CDLCs need to be loaded separately.

Contact DLC is made by BIS but it is a special case. Official DLCs are platform updates, Apex for example. Their assets are part of the base game, but to use them you need to own the DLC. All of this does make sense when you take into account that the Vietnam setting, as well as the 1980s Cold War setting from Global Mobilization: Germany don't quite match with the 2035 setting of the Vanilla game. Also, the Creator DLCs are developed by 3rd party devs, so there are some quality differences as well.

BIS wanted to introduce new and slightly different game mechanics for their Contact campaign, that's why there is a separate launch button for playing the DLC. The different map view is part of these mechanics. It's a cool and fun campaign if you don't mind Sci-fi 😉

• Like 1