I figured that I was stretching the Release Thread too much with my WIP stuff so I decided to create the WIP thread for my work. Right now it's just me working on a requested from Steam a SAM Container. I've got the model somewhat finalized and I'll post pics in a few.

Here's how it looks right now, it's very much a WIP that's for sure, but I need to make some geometries to fill it out, but I like how it looks so far:

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1986.jpg

Currently, the system works. I have to make sure you can raise the view so you can lock onto targets better. Unfortunately, that's the only hurdle in deploying this addition to the container list. I also removed the RecieveRemoteTargets because the Titan AA system is IR-guided if my mind serves me correctly.

Currently right now the system is "usable", I can't so far get the view to go up and down, which would help with target acquisition with the players. Other than that it needs texturing and so on, and will be uploaded once I figure that problem out.

• Like 1

Right now just trying to get the turret to look up, so players can lock aerial targets via the turret optics. For some reason it's killing me, and I'm asking @aduke823 to see if he can help. Other than texturing it's pretty much done.

Well after a test I finally got the SAM Container working. I bounced the idea of just creating a missile, but I figured it would be more suitable for the Titan AA missile to be used. Right now I don't have much planned for any of my mods, so I can maybe rest on the laurels a bit and take a break while I get used to the milsim unit I just joined.

Was doing some sling load practice with the Ghost Hawk and when lifting the Cruise Missile Container I was having issues all of a sudden. So to remedy that I've made the Cruise Missile Container heavier, so it can only be lifted by the Huron or Taru. I don't know if any milsim units are having any issues with lifting it with a Ghost Hawk, but it made me concerned, so it's heavier and can only be lifted by those two (or any helicopter that can lift more than 4500kg).

I've noticed in some just playing with the Cruise Missile Container in lifting, is that it still has lift issues (the helo doesn't seem able to lift it when slowing down, at least at where your destination is). So I've made it heavier and I think for the S-94 Utility it can still be lifted, I'll have to test it and see where it's at with that helicopter. If there is still issues I'll make it heavier so it can't lift it, and only the Taru and Huron can lift it, or any other heavy-lift helicopter.

Basic JASDF camo. In essence I'm trying to make the grey a more grey color, but so far it's not working with me. I may have to do some other trickery, but here's how it looks so far:

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1988.jpg

I think the person on Steam wanted a more camo look, but the way that the helo is mapped makes it kinda worrisome to pull off an effective pattern that looks decent, so I stuck with the grey.

Okay so far I've cleaned up some configs, and worked on some armor values for some of the containers. Currently I'm doing a Strike Fighters 2 project, but everything seems good. Although I need to work on the Armored SUV and try and get it to go offroad as it's sluggish in that area, but then again not many are complaining about it right now, so there's that.

Posted in the Arma Discord:

Entity: Me
Game: Arma 3
Looking for: Somebody to bring an OH-58 (original files belong to Aduke) into the game. I have the source files, it needs some work that I cannot do
Paid: Yes
Additional info: As stated above the helo is pretty much done for the external view. Helicopter needs to be updated for the current level, such as weapon pylons and the cockpit needs texturing as well. The only requirement is that when finished, I need the source files as well for my own record keeping and so I can have it in my own game., you can upload under your own name.

Here's the current build of the OH-58, in case anybody is wondering:

• Like 1

Currently doing some work on the AH-1Z, adding things, such as datalink and so on. I've redone the textures as well, as the scheme was too light compared to the real camo. Also added AAM rails and seeing if I can make it selectable either with the pylon system, or permanently mounted for combat use, using the BIM-9M (Falchion-22) to arm it. I need to figure out how to mod the pylons so it'll use just those weapons (the rails are easy, they're on the bird now) on the rails. Other than that things are fairly complete I guess.

Spent most of the day modding and working on pylon weapons. After a little help I got it "working":

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1994.jpg

I still need to get the game to recognize the missiles (they won't show up as a four rack). Also if anybody has any clue on how to do pylon weapons, I'm all ears as I don't know how to get them for the game to recognize them as weapons and such.

Okay, so far I got some additional weapons for the pylons. I may remove the Scalpels and so on, not sure as maybe people like it? Anyway, the UH-60s will have Hellfires, and the MH-92s will have Rattler ATGMs. I saw references to a Tandem HEAT warhead and may do that for the AT4 (the shoulder-launched rocket) since Saab is selling them to the US Army (saw that on LinkedIn), so may update that down the road. So far the only issue with the pylons is that the game doesn't recognize them as a weapon, and have asked on Discord, and here (in another topic), so that's what's holding up that. I got a request for the MQ-17 to have the pylon system since a milsim intends to use them as air support, and so on. I don't know if I will do it, or not, as it's not hard to add the proxies, and the config work, and so on, so more than likely I'll do it. I also retextured the ugly as sin Hellfires. I may mess with the model too, as it's a port from A2 using the Sample models and such. The Rattlers are decent enough as they are, so there's that.

Okay so far no luck on fixing the issue I have with my custom weapons. The game sees them for the pylon, I can mount them on the pylon and it shows. But so far I can't cycle to the weapons, which is what the issue is. Not sure what is causing the issue, and a couple of people tried to help, but no joy. I'm of the opinion that something got borked in the game, and therefore no worky. Other than that the MQ-17 Hawk now has a dynamic loadout, with the options being 2 round AGM-117 Rattler missiles, or the Shrieker AP/HE rockets. I didn't give it much weight on the pylons, but may do more just to add more weapons to the mix.

If anybody is interested, I created a Discord for my mods, in case you like to chat there:

https://discord.gg/8vxFwGGf

• Like 1

Okay, I've been contemplating uploading the Alpha of the OH-58. Overall it needs work, but it IS flyable, and usable, just no weapons. Maybe somebody will take the time to finish it, but I'm not sure. Thoughts?

As for Things To Do: Not much required on the gun and weapon front, I have uploaded a new version of the weapons pack with the new Tandem HEAT warheads, so that's done. No other commentary on my other mods, so things must be copasetic or whatnot. I need to do the weapon pylons but I'm stuck at the weapons not cycling. That's the issue with the pylons right now. The default BIS weapons do work, so that's not the issue. The issue is my weapons, and so far not even Discord can fix that issue. I brought it up here in another topic to see if somebody knows a fix for the issue. I'm thinking it's a game related issue, but the BIS weapons work, and mine don't, even though I essentially used BIS configs and stuff for the weapon pylon stuff. I did try the Addon Builder versions, and that wasn't the issue. So right now if you missed it, don't use the custom weapons just yet, until I post a fix on the Release page. BIS weapons work fine, so there's that reminder, so it's not totally borked, just my stuff doesn't work.

• Like 1

So far no headway on the pylons issue, so maybe a next maybe patch or something will fix the issue. I'll have to submit a ticket for the issue I bet, so maybe it is an issue with the game and all. But so far the helos will have separate pylons for the modded missiles. The XX-60s will have Hellfires only, while the XX-92s will have the "newer" Rattler ATGMs to use. I really want to find a better model for it, as the A2 Hellfires are pretty lacking. I might find something on TurboSquid, maybe not, but I could always adjust the models in OB to get a better look for them. Overall not much on the mod front, just the pylons issue so far with me is the "news" of the day, and no real headway. I thought it was moving along when I could cycle the BIS weapons, and my missiles not showing up in the weapons systems for the MH-92 DAP I was using at the time. So who knows what the issue is, if it's on my end, or a game end.

So far been working on the sensors of my helos. So far I've gotten the MH-92s done, and working on increasing the range of the sensor window to at least four to eight kilometers, where right now it's 2.0km. I'm trying to increase it, mainly for the xx-92 DAPs, since they have weaponry, in order to see things better. It does have a similar setup to the Mi-48 Kajman, so you can use a radar and IR sensor, as well as the visual sensors as setup in the configs. I'll probably update the xx-60s with the same basic setup, and need to find out if that big dome on the MH-60 is a radar of some sort, or whatever it is. So I'll be spending some time incorporating that into the configs, along with a recent update of the UH-1Y.

Well I sat down and tweaked the FM of the Kiowa anyway, because it was jerky. This is the current state of the FM right now, which is going to be in a next update, either in a few hours or tomorrow. Anyway I figured out how to fix the bobbing in Auto-Hover, so there's that, as some pilots will like that:

• Like 1

In other news, this is kind of "old", but I did start a ticket for BIS to look at, sometime:

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T184277

If you have the same issue I'm having (or not), please either upvote or comment, or comment here to let me know as I keep on trying things, and no worky with the custom weapons with pylons.

After years of not doing it...

http://ericjwrites.itgo.com/Arma3/wip1995.jpg

Right now it doesn't have any functions, and just is there to complete the model more or less. I may look into making it work for another mod, but the only one I'm tracking is the USAF Mod, and with around a two and half (or around that area anyway) flight time and fuel, I don't see any reason to make it compatible with other mods as of yet. I mean most ops last a few hours so I'm on the fence about making it compatible with another mod right now. Again it's just there to finally put them on the birds. I have to figure out something for the MH-92s, but I think a shorter length and no emphasis on extending it given that the ducted fans shroud the blades, and so on.

• Like 1