Sign in to follow this  
BBSmith

Kicking admins?

I am in Karrilions server now, and there is an AFK admin, he is sitting here, I would, and the other 8 people would like to remove his admin rights and put a new admin there. How can we do this?

This server is hosted now, not being used by the ""owner""

Couldn't you just vote for a new admin?

No, if an admin is present #vote admin will not work. You don't want admins getting overthrown in most cases, do you?

I am in Karrilions server now, and there is an AFK admin, he is sitting here, I would, and the other 8 people would like to remove his admin rights and put a new admin there. How can we do this?

LOL! So this is what we get for helping you get OFP up and running on your new PC?! crazy_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

If Linux:

SSH with Putty

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html

and restart server, for example

sudo killall server

If you don't have an autorestart (see pinned topic http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....5;st=30 ) you need to restart it manually.

If Windoze XP Professional:

Use Remote Desktop (SSH server or PCAnywhere is an alternative, but they costs money)

Restart server manually.

Now rejoin server and vote new admin or login.

He is talking about getting the voted admin off of the server- would be nice to have a way i think. Sometimes when these kids get admin voted, they go all crazy and just start kicking everyone to ruin game or make up for the small size of their privates I guess?. Would be nice to be able to get rid of em if they get out of hand to allow server to continue to play.

You just log in via #login adminpw. That gets voted admins logged out and you logged in. Then you kick and ban that kiddie admin who couldn't behave according to the responsibility of his post. At least that's how i do it on my server wink_o.gif