bendy303

want script to not load until mission start screen of player looking through eyes (after mission intro map etc)

I am guessing it will be some kind of "waitUntil" code but what?

what is the code for first playing screen after mission intro (by "playing screen" I mean that you look through players eyes, not the mission intro map. ie, you are actually playing)

help appreciated

cheers

Ben

11 minutes ago, bendy303 said:

I am guessing it will be some kind of "waitUntil" code but what?

what is the code for first playing screen after mission intro (by "playing screen" I mean that you look through players eyes, not the mission intro map. ie, you are actually playing)

help appreciated

cheers

Ben

Do you have something already that doesn't quite work?

Where and how are you executing said code?

What's the purpose?

Context matters.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:55 PM, mrcurry said:

Do you have something already that doesn't quite work?

Where and how are you executing said code?

What's the purpose?

Context matters.

basically running a custom damage handler through all units when mission loads. It works fine in singleplayer and self-hosted multiplayer, but on dedicated server test, this doesnt seem to be loading right.

I am testing by logging in as a remote player, and the damage handler has not properly implimented.

however - if I use the chat to #login, then #restart - it works perfectly.

So I am thinking everything is loading too early. Or maybe because when I restart - I am already logged in as remote player - and its a JIP issue?

On 5/6/2024 at 7:08 AM, bendy303 said:

So I am thinking everything is loading too early. Or maybe because when I restart - I am already logged in as remote player - and its a JIP issue?

Hey @bendy303,

I've actually ran into this exact same problem for an unrelated issue. One trick I've used is to make a global trigger with this condition:

time > 0

Then I'd put whatever code in the activation field. In my case, I used remoteExec and set the JIP parameter to true, which queued it up for when players loaded in.

I'm not sure if it'll be relevant to your use case. How exactly are you trying to add this damage handler? Could you give us an example of your code?

• Like 1

Place your man on the map.

Surround the man with rectangular shaped triggers.

Each trigger does the same thing, that is they run your script.

The mission starts and the man starts walking and enters a trigger and the script runs.

You have to delete the triggers as well. So each trigger should also say: Delete trigger 1, delete trigger 2, etc etc

On 5/8/2024 at 12:38 PM, Mr Elusive said:

Hey @bendy303,

I've actually ran into this exact same problem for an unrelated issue. One trick I've used is to make a global trigger with this condition:

time > 0

Then I'd put whatever code in the activation field. In my case, I used remoteExec and set the JIP parameter to true, which queued it up for when players loaded in.

I'm not sure if it'll be relevant to your use case. How exactly are you trying to add this damage handler? Could you give us an example of your code?

this solution worked, thnk you 🙂

• Like 1

Awesome, glad you were able to get it working 😎