Sign in to follow this  
gregb7

Bas add-on missions?

when BAS released their delta/ranger addon along

with a couple of the helo's, they released some

sample missions with them.   Does anyone know

where those missions can be gotten?  BAS doesn't

seem to have them anymore and I've checked all

the usual places......can't find 'em anywhere.

please reply to gregb143@charter.net as i don't

find my way in here very often.

Many thanks.

are there any new BAS addon MP/SP missions (hopefully JAM)out there since the new toys released (MH60K, DAP, JAM)?  rock.gif

We are aware of the problem with the missions and we are trying to fix it asap, i believe theavonlady has mirrors of our demo missions on her site, i cant actually remember the url but im sure she'll pop in in a minute and you can grab it from her signature...

As for new missions there are 5-10 missions converted to use the H-60's here:

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/nagual/missions/specops1_33.rar

They are both SP and MP missions. We are working hard on a fix to the de/ra to give them jam magazines, once its out we can start converting our old missions to use jam.

@C 12 NightSearch on the Sarugao island.

Designed for MP but playable by yourself. Can revive fallen members of your team, and they can revive you. (AI also revive you if you lucky).

12 Deltas inserted by blackhawk to search for a downed MH-47E crash site and it's crew.

Story unfolds from there.

Download from here

addons required

EditorUpdate102.pbo by Kegetys

Operation Frenchpoint Air pack

Operation Frenchpoint Weapons Pack

Russian SF pack that includes GRU spetznaz and Russian Naval Infantry by Laser.

BAS Deltas/Rangers

BAS LilBird Pack

BAS Blackhawks / JAM pack.

BAS MH-47E

MTLB Pack by Project Lavos

USMC Symbols pack.

BMD3

GFX707 Bunker pack.

and I think thats it.

Resistance 1.91 required.

@C 12 NightSearch on the Sarugao island.

Designed for MP but playable by yourself. Can revive fallen members of your team, and they can revive you. (AI also revive you if you lucky).

12 Deltas inserted by blackhawk to search for a downed MH-47E crash site and it's crew.

Story unfolds from there.

Download from here

addons required

EditorUpdate102.pbo by Kegetys

Operation Frenchpoint Air pack

Operation Frenchpoint Weapons Pack

Russian SF pack that includes GRU spetznaz and Russian Naval Infantry by Laser.

BAS Deltas/Rangers

BAS LilBird Pack

BAS Blackhawks / JAM pack.

BAS MH-47E

MTLB Pack by Project Lavos

USMC Symbols pack.

BMD3

GFX707 Bunker pack.

and I think thats it.

Resistance 1.91 required.

Somehow your mission runs on my PC at 5 FPS...I dunno why,its not related to graphic settings or Lods or whatever...tried all settings,its a shame cos it looks very good  sad_o.gif

BTW: U better specify the Bunker Pack #; (theres 5) cos I had to dload all of them...still not sure which one it is  tounge_o.gif

And the BMD3 is the BMD3_1.0_final.rar at ofp.info

Somehow your mission runs on my PC at 5 FPS...I dunno why,its not related to graphic settings or Lods or whatever...tried all settings,its a shame cos it looks very good  sad_o.gif

What is your TERRAIN DETAIL setting?

I have confirmed the FPS issue. I have taken steps to reduce performance issues to minimum.

I also unfortunately did not fully read the BAS Blackhawks PDF readme and was under the impression all the great features like rappeling and fast insertions would work in MP. So I will make 1 SP version and one for MP.

What is your TERRAIN DETAIL setting?

Well,i usually play OFP in High terrain detail (except in more demanding islands)

This mission takes place in Surugao island,so i tried normal and even on low detail i had only 7 FPS...but nothing changed sad_o.gif

Same lack of results when i changed the view distance,all other missions run fine ( O.T: except the one that came with Canadian C_pack troops, have the same problem there...)

Any clues?

It is the PUMA SA330 from Operation Frenchpoint, as soon as that unit was destroyed I gained 20fps.

I will be removing it from the mission and all other missions pending a solution.

As a sidenote I will be removing all BAS Blackhawks as introducing them has caused every single MP mission to crash to desktop. Not really acceptable.

It is the PUMA SA330 from Operation Frenchpoint, as soon as that unit was destroyed I gained 20fps.

I will be removing it from the mission and all other missions pending a solution.

As a sidenote I will be removing all BAS Blackhawks as introducing them has caused every single MP mission to crash to desktop. Not really acceptable.

Yup,i took traded the empty Puma for an empty Mi17 and im back at 35 FPS smile_o.gif

BTW: The BAS Blackhawks scripts work for me when I host the game,havent tried on a dedicated server though

They work when hosting, thats why I was fooled for so long. They don't work on dedicated server though.

The worst thing is since I update missions to include the blackhawks I now have constant crashing to desktop.

This leads me to believe the heavy scripting these choppers feature is totally unsuitable for MP mode. As in a lot of missions the vehicles are required to respawn, and as you cannot delete vehicles that have a script running on them. e.g burning effects / smoke scripts and then the vehicle gets deleted to respawn and bang, crash to desktop.

BAS aren't the only new addons to cause problems if used in MP, the new corsairs and P51 mustang I made into the same sort of mission as the BIS Camel dogfight, as they have quite a few scripts running on them also CTD are frequent.

I really think addon makers need to pay a bit more attention to MP, and make specific instructions on how to disable scripts to allow stability in MP mode. It seems quite obvious to me that alot of these are geared too heavily towards SP.

They work when hosting, thats why I was fooled for so long. They don't work on dedicated server though.

The worst thing is since I update missions to include the blackhawks I now have constant crashing to desktop.

This leads me to believe the heavy scripting these choppers feature is totally unsuitable for MP mode. As in a lot of missions the vehicles are required to respawn, and as you cannot delete vehicles that have a script running on them. e.g burning effects / smoke scripts and then the vehicle gets deleted to respawn and bang, crash to desktop.

BAS aren't the only new addons to cause problems if used in MP, the new corsairs and P51 mustang I made into the same sort of mission as the BIS Camel dogfight, as they have quite a few scripts running on them also CTD are frequent.

I really think addon makers need to pay a bit more attention to MP, and make specific instructions on how to disable scripts to allow stability in MP mode. It seems quite obvious to me that alot of these are geared too heavily towards SP.

They work fine in multiplayer, i have used them in multiplayer on various dedicated servers with no problems, also there are reports from other users who are having no problems with dedicated servers, even linux servers. But yes, i believe you cannot delete the blackhawk/mh-47e until the burning script has stopped. But all the other scripts (fastroping, flares, rope ladder etc) all work fine in MP on dedicated servers as long as you follow the instructions in the readme.

I'll clarify what I meant by not working, as I accept it works in some instances.

On a dedicated server, you cannot use the AI fastrope script,

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">CHOPPER exec "\BAS_mah60\FX\BAS_AIRope.sqs"

But you've said as much in your PDF file.

Is there a way the fire effects can be disabled for using the choppers in MP? I mean otherwise we have to set the respawn time to something rediculous to make sure the burning dies out before the vehicle is deleted.

I have seen this code:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BAS_60Effects = 0

in your PDF file, will this cut all scripts running on the chopper, e.g if it crashes it can be respawned without crashing the client to desktop?