zukov

11 years and not Heavy Vest for OPFOR

After eleven years is time for BI to adds a heavy vest to an entire OPFOR faction. Is clear that for developers OPFor is a just a placeholder but this is minimum for the base game (for don't say tha pistol holster completely absent). The entire faction goes in battle "naked"

• Confused 1

On 3/28/2024 at 3:18 AM, zukov said:

After eleven years is time for BI to adds a heavy vest to an entire OPFOR faction. Is clear that for developers OPFor is a just a placeholder but this is minimum for the base game (for don't say tha pistol holster completely absent). The entire faction goes in battle "naked"

untrue. they have a very resistant uniform. They actually are quite resiliant. Whats it matter> create your own opfor with the tac vest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, redarmy said:

create your own opfor with the tac vest

yes, but i hope that BI doesn't follow your suggestion for the Arma 4 , 11 years with an entire OPFOR that literally sucks, doesn't look good

18 minutes ago, zukov said:

yes, but i hope that BI doesn't follow your suggestion for the Arma 4 , 11 years with an entire OPFOR that literally sucks, doesn't look good

Iv no time in previous Arma games. OPFOR seem pretty balanced to me here. Infact the Katiba is argubly a better rifle than the MX series. And for a long time(until WS marshal) NATO had no APC that had an ATGM,CSAT had the KAMYSH.

Also note the Angara commanders weapon. Pretty devistating. The quilin with a gatling...and the Kajman,flying tank.

CSAT soldiers have amazing explosive resistance too with the uniform. All in All CSAT have an edge over NATO i feel. Ultimately they each have their areas of strength.

• Like 1

BI deliberately doesn't want that we have fun with the OPFOR faction, the reasons are unknown, but that is. Just look the Specnazs in game, literally a joke. When finally we had russian forces they are naked and without veichles.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, zukov said:

BI deliberately doesn't want that we have fun with the OPFOR faction, the reasons are unknown, but that is. Just look the Specnazs in game, literally a joke. When finally we had russian forces they are naked and without veichles.

spetsnaz are special operations units. IRL they use certain transport helo's,already ingame as much as real assets can be. they use a modified version of the In game Ifrit and GAZ Tigr.

They arent designed for conventional warfare and so vics have no place for them. Russia isnt the main enemy ingame CSAT are and are prodominantly Chinese.

Besides that,the devs grew up in the soviet union. They are biased towards that system(who the F wouldnt be?) Regardless,that doesnt influence their game design. Their OPFOR side is very much fleshed out.

• Like 1

OPFOR has been pretty decent since OFP. CSAT infantry don't need armored vests, because their uniforms have ballistic protection. I find their equipment quite cool and effective. I'm glad they went a different way with Arma 3.

• Like 1

If you are happy with the "scarecrows from outer space" good luck!
just a reminder the atrocious Ka 48 Kajiman has the same cockpit from Apache in Arma 2, 11 year ago, devs said was a placeholder.....

On 4/6/2024 at 7:12 PM, Kalle M. said:

OPFOR has been pretty decent since OFP. CSAT infantry don't need armored vests, because their uniforms have ballistic protection. I find their equipment quite cool and effective. I'm glad they went a different way with Arma 3.

On 4/20/2024 at 10:55 AM, zukov said:

If you are happy with the "scarecrows from outer space" good luck!
just a reminder the atrocious Ka 48 Kajiman has the same cockpit from Apache in Arma 2, 11 year ago, devs said was a placeholder.....

I wouldn't know about some "scarecrows from outer space" but whatever 😄

And about the cockpit. I don't mind the fact, that they reused it's layout from Arma 2's Apache for Mi-48 Kajman. It's a cool design and fun to play despite this.

OPFOR has always had pretty decent armory at their disposal in Arma series. CSAT's unique uniforms and gear in Arma 3 may seem weird for some, I can see your point on that.

this is CSAT for Tanoa! this is made with stuff inside the vanilla game ( a part the camoface, for strange reason BI has excluded  asian characters) I had wanted something closer to the Indonesian kopassus (not to mention the Berets that don't fit for asian heads there is a texture glicth easily  solvable )

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lettimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcSO69d8bu17V-LnvfUCEPvkopasus-tni_20180516_170834.jpg?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett