I hope to add left-hand gun switching in ARMA.

Because I'm left-handed in real life.

If I can, I believe that 10% of the people in the world are happy!

You can press Ctrl+A to brace rifle on left shoulder.

More than hope you will need knowledge, this will be a ton of work as every animation for every gun is made right-handed, and most of them are obfuscated, meaning you would have to make literally everything from scratch. If you've never made an animation mod or animation at all, then it will take you way more time than you think you can spare. Not worth IMO.

On 3/24/2024 at 10:01 PM, honger said:

[...] this will be a ton of work as every animation for every gun is made right-handed, and most of them are obfuscated, meaning you would have to make literally everything from scratch. If you've never made an animation mod or animation at all, then it will take you way more time than you think you can spare. Not worth IMO.

Have to agree. As a left handed rifle shooter and right-handed pistol shooter (don't ask) I would love to see left-handed weapon usage being an option. However, I also understand that its not as simple as opening up all of the animations (which as you correctly said are Binarized and therefore unopenable) and simply mirroring them.

Hell it took me ages to try and make a new rifle-holding animation that didn't look janky as all hell, without making new reload animations with all the transitions to/from stances etc. F-That.