Sign in to follow this  
Alex_LT

help to understand

I just re watched their old Future of Arma release stream, and in the very end the MAN himself, the CEO, Marek Španěl, said, that "ARMA 4 is worked for quite some time". The stream was nearly two years ago, and it makes me curious..why didn't they show us something from A4 ? Was that statement about A4 complete BS, or are they working on it secretly, just  showing public Reforger as a filler, distraction from A4 ? 

I mean, isn't the state of Reforger an answer for you?

Not really. IF A4 is based on reforger, (A4 is reforger plus singleplayer content and bunch of cold war era assets) then yeah, but if it is separate project set in different setting , like  pre Vietnam war or somewhere in 2035 then they have to start almost from scrach.

Well there's this faq, take it for what you will but I meant is that Reforger's still in pretty rough state with rate of progress being what it is, so what would there be to show in regards to Arma 4 and even if there is, would it be in good taste?

Regardless, I fail to see the point of this thread so I better bow out but perhaps some other, smarter people then me have something interesting to add here.

I don't expect them to show us anything of Arma 4 until it's nearly ready for early access. I would guess A4 will be released into EA in about 2ish years. 

ArmA 4 is still far away, Reforger is something they cooked up to serve as a testing bed for the engine that powers ArmA 4, Reforger is still a title on its own but besides the engine has little to do with ArmA 4.

I personally expect that the first hints of ArmA 4 will appear in around 2026 with the first playable build being available one or two years after the first reveal. There is still a lot of work to be done in Reforger that gets carried over to ArmA 4.