Sign in to follow this  
Deus Ex

If you could pick, what would you change to make OFP better?

team killers.......and gamespy.

1) Better AI (#### at least teach them to drive)

2) More realism

Technically, remove SAFEDISC2 protection.

SP gamewise, better buildings for CQB. Shattering windows, opening doors - ala Land Warrior (pardon my language).

MP gamewise, yes, join-in-progress is it.

A true dynamic campaign.

More adaptive AI. Do you really have to tell men to take ammo from bodies or man fixed weapons all the time?

Better weather effects.

Fact is they have done a d*amned good job with OFP though. Specially when you look at games like 'Ghost Recon'.

<span style='color:red'>ADD MORTARS!!</span>

and join-in-progress would fit well also.

Better AI ,controls ( vehicle handling), better graphics and sounds, better AI, and better AI.

Nothing against better multiplay. Its a good Idea too.

non web based XML and logos

they could have gone with client folder locations that where you place the logo and then edit the squad info in the game, much easier in my books, you had to be an advance web designer just to understand, if it was pure HTML it would have been easier, but to use XLS was just plain moronic

I'd like to fix the newbies that think there is camping in OFP

smile.gif

(except Spawn rape, base rape of empty vehicles - I don't call them camping but I don't like them either)

(Edited by RN Malboeuf at 11:16 am on Jan. 3, 2002)

Better AI ,controls ( vehicle handling), less limitation to projectiles (for mini- guns),  better graphics and sounds, more life-like armor damage (BRDM in all honesty seem pointless to me if they dont resist small arm bullets aside from their looks. ).There needs to be more room for vehicle misidentifying for AI ( I want to not be detected everytime I jack an enemy vehicle).

And finally there would need to be the  capability to shoot out of and vehicle that aren't physically limited (NOT the driver of course).

Nothing against better multiplay. Its a good Idea too.

(Edited by Diniter at 11:02 am on Jan. 3, 2002)

A netcode that works like Half-Life/Quake, So you can join in progress, Map rotations.... ect...

For SP. Realism, Better Tank physics and speeds.

Better tracers, And better iron sights.

I would want an ingame server browser thingy like in HL or Quake. And I would want tanks that don't slow down to a crawl when going uphill.

An SDK tounge.gif

(Edited by Fishu at 1:22 pm on Jan. 3, 2002)

Better, higher quality sounds. New OFFICAL islands. Improved textures. More AddOns, mortars, moblie artillery with realistic fire control. A half-decent netcode.

And thats just for starters!!

1. Vehicles that support more than one weapon

2. All of the above

Artillery would be nice (like M-109) but I think that the way the weapons are held in hand should be fixed for OFP2.

Plus a $20 dollar box that is bundled with a Super-Computer, Oxygen GFX card, OC-128 connection pre-paid for life, Virtual Reality studio.

All you have to be is AIDS positive! (antidote included!)

MP-new net code is a must, respawn, and get rid of those repeating messages.

multiplayer campaign

SP-artillery, smarter AI,

i suppose netcode so when i finally can play it on a decent computer via the net i'll have fun

sp wise - loads of different armies and units, naval stuff (just for show and too look pretty) and big, big planes (again just to look pretty). something to make using triggers much, much, much easier sad.gif

Multiplayer... make it easier to get into a game. At the least a small join in progress Island for people who what some quick action. None of this 30 min. wait to play crap.

In the real world...mortars...In wish-list land...Better physics model, artillery, larger islands, proper urban areas, ditches, bridges...

<span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:47pt;line-height:100%'>S</span>oftware<span style='font-size:47pt;line-height:100%'>D</span>evelopment<span style='font-size:47pt;line-height:100%'>K</span>it</span>

(Edited by Miles at 12:30 am on Jan. 4, 2002)

(Edited by Miles at 12:32 am on Jan. 4, 2002)