Bertholet

Arma3server - Debian 12 - no server heartbeat after reaching mission stage

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem running an Arma3 DS on a Debian 12 box on a VPS.
I'm installed it as requested, using "debian" instead of "arma3server" or "steam" for the user, but otherwise everything is the same.
Edited the .cfgs to fit my use, but did not changed the default ones.

My problem is that players stay in a waiting screen with no other interaction than waiting or disconnecting.
I'd like to know if it's due to the DS itself, so I'm asking here.

I've created a twin topic over at LGSM to try and see if it's due to them, and I've got a 3rd topic opened at my provider to try and see if it's coming from them.

I've provided a few logs and cfg below, and will happily provide more if needed.

arma3server.cfg

arma3server.network.cfg

arma3server.server.cfg

arma3server-alert

arma3server-console

arma3server-script

arma3server-steamcmd

common.cfg

A quick list of what I've already done trying to solve this issue :

- run a standard server with standard parameters and no specified mission --> expected behavior is to be able to reach the mission select screen once a first player is logged in --> real behavior is a blank altis map with no other interaction available than to press escape
-
run with a firewall (ufw) configured to have the proper open ports --> expected behavior is the same as above --> real behavior is the same too
- run a disabled firewall (ufw) just to be sure --> expected behavior is the same as above --> real behavior is the same too
- run with a specified mission (ie.) --> expectd behavior is to land on the role selection screen --> real behavior is the same as above

the only way I've found to be able to reach the role selection screen is to run with

verifySignatures = 0;

which is less than ideal.